Author Topic: CMStore sent me a Spanish QFR  (Read 73482 times)

Offline rlnation

CMStore sent me a Spanish QFR
« on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 20:28:13 »
Pretty disappointed when I opened the box to my first mech today from CMStore USA The key caps didn't look like the box. I got Spanish key caps.

I called in telling them and they told me that I'd get a return label by the end of business hours in my email. I have yet to get an email.

Can I buy a new set of key caps and use the keyboard like normal? What should I do now?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
Re: CMStore sent me a Spanish QFR
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 20:38:20 »
Carter!

Offline rlnation

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 20:42:50 »
Just realized I can't buy new key caps to use it like an American keyboard that I am used to and know where the keys are.

I got this:

Instead of this:

Kind of sucks that I have to wait until Monday now to talk to someone.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 July 2014, 20:46:10 by rlnation »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 22:04:34 »
A QuickFire Rapid in ISO layout with MX Clears? ;) GIMME!!!!

Offline luisbg

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 22:09:13 »
What are you going to do with the Spanish keycaps?
Leopold FC660M - Brown mx switches - black case - white blank keys :: ErgoDox - Blue mx switches - classic case - black blank keys

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 00:26:03 »
A standard ANSI set will not fit thereon due to Enter and right Shift, and probably other keycaps.

If you cannot return it (although no reason why not), there are people here who will buy it from you at the drop of a hat!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 00:30:09 »
Just realized I can't buy new key caps to use it like an American keyboard that I am used to and know where the keys are.

I got this:
Show Image

Instead of this:
Show Image

That's not your picture, right? Pretty sure QFRs don't come stock with Clears.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 00:30:49 »
Diamond in the ruff?

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 00:43:20 »
What are all these QFR's with clears? Modded fo sho.

Offline rlnation

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 07:50:39 »
These are not my photos. I found them on this forum to use as an example.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 07:54:09 »

I got this:
Show Image

Instead of this:
Show Image

That's not your picture, right? Pretty sure QFRs don't come stock with Clears.

Yeah I got all excited for nothing....

Offline rlnation

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 22:52:43 »
Ack, pretty nervous. I just checked the CM Store and they're out of QFR with browns... Not sure what they'll be able to do for me now.

Will update tomorrow when I call in, again.

Offline rlnation

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:48:26 »
Just called CM and spoke to Eric.

He said that they thought I only wanted new keycaps (I originally asked for them but then called back for a return when I realized they wouldn't fit the layout on the keyboard)

Now he said they are going to try and get me a shipping label.

That didn't sound reassuring but what can I really do?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:55:11 »
If you haven't received a shipping label in a couple of days, call them back and ask what is happening.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rlnation

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:47:21 »
Talked to Patrick today and they are replacing the keyboard for me!
I am pretty satisfied with the result.
They have me as a customer for life.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:54:25 »
Nice result!  Congrats :)

Offline rlnation

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 08:28:15 »
Got my English QFR today! Pretty happy, overall. The case is even different from the Spanish one I was sent originally. This one is now black and rubber while the other one was grey. (Weird because they're both brown switches).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 02:48:50 »
A happy ending, I like those :)

It used to be switch type dictated the case colour - I have QFR with MX black with gray case.  Also QFS with MX green and black case.

It might also depend on region.

Maybe there really isn't a specific pattern.