Author Topic: Looking for a Quickfire TK but can't find one  (Read 64724 times)

Offline XenGi

• blog
Looking for a Quickfire TK but can't find one
« on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 19:57:05 »
Hi I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard for a while now and I found the one I want to be my first.

I want a CM Storm Quickfire TK White with Green Switches.  Greens are very rare so  Blues are ok too. If this baby keeps being unbuyable I'm ok with a CM Storm Quickfire TK Stealth with Blues and if thats not possible too I'll go with a CM Storm Quickfire XT Stealth with Blues.

The problem is that I can't find the white edition with Blues and US layout anywhere. I would pay more than usual just to get one but no one seems to sell one.

Does anyone know a shop? It doesn't matter where in the world he is and if it's online or local. I will find him and buy that keyboard!

I've found only one shop that lists what I want but its out of stock. Newegg
"CM Storm Quickfire TK White" title="CM Storm Quickfire TK White" "meckbd_v1" title="meckbd_v1"

XG_

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Looking for a Quickfire TK but can't find one
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 20:04:50 »
Why do you want the TK so much?

It has non standard sizes key caps and depending on model and firmware had some issues.

Offline XenGi

• blog
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 20:08:57 »
I love the layout with the combined numpad. No other keyboard has this.

My absolutely last chance would be to by a regular Quickfire TK and than paint it white and get the blank caps from somewhere else. But just finding a shop with the white one would be much simpler.
"CM Storm Quickfire TK White" title="CM Storm Quickfire TK White" "meckbd_v1" title="meckbd_v1"

XG_

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 20:11:51 »
You could always get a red scarf III.
They aren't the most expensive things in the world.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline XenGi

• blog
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 06:48:37 »
The layout is a bit weird. Not really my thing and I miss the multimedia keys.

I think I will try the following:

• get a quickfire tk white with greens or blues + blank keyset
  • get a quickfire tk stealth with greens or blues + paint it white
  • get a normal quickfire tk with blues + blank keyset + paint it white

Hopefully I get one without the paint job. That will be hard to do because of the rubberized finish. I have no idea how to make that again in white.

So, I searched the whole internet yesterday. Even stores in countries I didn't no before. Nothing. Do you guys have any idea where I could look?
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 February 2015, 06:50:52 by XenGi »

XG_

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 13:46:55 »
The CM Quickfire TK limited edition white body keyboard was never offered with MX green switches and the Quickfire TK Stealth never offered it either. I'm not even sure that they had the white body with an MX blue combination either.

Your best bet is going to be either find a white body one offered in MX browns or reds (I believe it was only offered in these two switches) and desolder, then solder back in MX greens or blues; or find a normal Quickfire TK in MX blues/greens and paint the case white.

http://www.mechkb.com/products/mechanical-keyboards/cooler-master/cooler-master-cm-storm-quickfire-tk-white-edition-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-brown
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline XenGi

• blog
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 20:21:06 »
I will buy a white one with browns and a normal one with blues from mechkb.com and exchange the housing. Than I just need to put on the MAX Translucent keyset and i'm done. my ultimate keyboard.

If i find some green switches i can change some of them in the future. do you know where to get 10 or 15 greens for a good price?

XG_

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 20:33:13 »
Why would you buy two keyboards? That just sounds a little silly if it's just for the switches.
Just get someone like DrHubblePhD to solder in green switches at the cost of the switches; meaning that he has a free soldering service.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline XenGi

• blog
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 15:24:58 »
Soldering is not the problem. But when I buy 2 keyboards and change the case, I can keep one and sell the other without big loss because it's like new. I don't know how easy it is to desolder the switches in a quickfire. maybe it's not that easy. And I think I can sell a US layout in europe pretty well. Sadly that's hard to get here.

But my plans got destroyed by taxes. It's simply too expensive.

Update: **** it. I just bought a white one with browns at mechkb. When I'm feeling lucky again I will get some blues and greens and solder them in. Then I'll buy the keyset I want and I'll be happy.

Thx anyways guys!
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 16:37:20 by XenGi »

XG_

Offline AphelionXII

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 19:40:10 »
If you ARE looking to sell a brown/white TK I would love to take it off your hands.  And if you could give me a deal on it I would be grateful.  I am not the most wealthy person on GeekHack.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 03:53:27 »
FWIW Massdrop has a vote on these, including white ones with brown or red switches.

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/coolermaster-quickfire-tk-keyboards
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpecTP

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 14:44:55 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:40:14 »
massdrop just finished a drop with MX green.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/cm-storm-quickfire-rapid-keyboard-cherry-mx-green

That's, er, quite a necrobump!

OP doesn't seem to have been very active for more than a year.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline XenGi

• blog
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 19:50:34 »
Sorry, I haven't replied. I'm still pretty happy with my Quickfire. I use it at work. My coworkers don't like blue switches, so the browns are ok.
I'm currently building my own custom keyboard with blues and greens that I will use at home.

XG_