Author Topic: Replacement top frame for Rapid i and Novatouch?  (Read 63602 times)

Offline awhitedev

Replacement top frame for Rapid i and Novatouch?
« on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 21:39:07 »
Cooler Master - you guys used to sell just the top frame for the QFR.

Can you guys sell a replacement top frame for the new Rapid i and Novatouch? I'm working on a paint job for my Novatouch but would love to experiment with other types of colors and textures.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 July 2015, 22:11:50 by awhitedev »

Offline minase

Re: Replacement top frame for Rapid i and Novatouch?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 23:22:16 »
I am also looking for a replacement frame for the Rapid-i. Hope CM Storm comes out with something soon  :D

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 22:00:38 »
Does Cooler Master check this forum anymore?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 22:45:11 »
Does Cooler Master check this forum anymore?

The two CM mods, Carter and CM-Rajiv, were last active yesterday and December respectively, although neither of them has posted for a month or two since their last login.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 22:50:49 »
Carter commented on the Novatouch thread like a week ago and PMed me about a week ago. He's still around but idk about this subforum.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 00:18:12 »
Carter commented on the Novatouch thread like a week ago and PMed me about a week ago. He's still around but idk about this subforum.

Time flies ... that Novatouch post was more than 2 weeks ago!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 18:39:08 »

Time flies ... that Novatouch post was more than 2 weeks ago!

That's a shame... oh well, maybe one day they'll stumble on my thread and then I can try to convince them to sell me just the top :)

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:41:52 »
Im trying to get caught up, its certainly something I will throw up the ladder to see if I can get the ball rolling. I love to see the community still trucking along on modifications!

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:44:47 »
Im trying to get caught up, its certainly something I will throw up the ladder to see if I can get the ball rolling. I love to see the community still trucking along on modifications!
Who's this guy??? ^^^

Good to see you back Carter!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 18:03:04 »

Awesome stuff! Thanks for the reply. :)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 04:30:28 »
I would also love to get some replacement tops.
Is there other way we could contact them?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Nickjames

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 16:17:45 »

Last I heard they were going to start selling replacement shells for their MasterKeys Pro line. Novatouch has officially been discontinued by CM due to issues with their supplier/manufacturer Topre.

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 01:11:08 »
I did see from Ducky One TKL top case any ideas if this would fit?  ;D

Offline SKD

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 12:38:19 »

I can ask for you:) But definitely sure you won't be able to get one for the Novatouch since they are now discontinued.

I did see from Ducky One TKL top case any ideas if this would fit?  ;D

Highly unlikely. Although I haven't seen the insides of a Ducky One TKL case.

EDIT: I've contacted CM UK and they say they don't have any left.

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 October 2016, 02:53:28 by SKD »

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 06:09:55 »
Thanks sorry for the late reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk