Author Topic: 20GB+ Free cloud storage  (Read 931 times)

Offline DrinkTea

20GB+ Free cloud storage
« on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 09:31:52 »
They give you 15GB to sign up +5GB if you use a referral link + another 5 if you have a .edu address.
I started using it because they have a desktop client for all platforms, including linux. No filesize limits, very easy to use. And they space they give you lasts forever, unlike a lot of dropbox's limited time space.  Check it out!
If you sign up through my referral, I get an extra 5GB of space as well. Not sure about the referral link policy, but I didn't see an explicit prohibition and I'll remove it if required.

Just register and download the desktop client to get each of us our 5GB bonus!
https://copy.com?r=Ib9EzI
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 October 2013, 09:48:11 by DrinkTea »

Offline csmith1991

Re: 20GB+ Free cloud storage
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 10:46:39 »
It looks pretty decent. For those curious, but a little suspicious, here's the main points from privacy policy and terms and conditions that I noticed (all are quotes from them):

• We will not sell your Personal Information to others, however we share your Personal Information with third parties who assist Barracuda Networks in marketing, providing or enhancing Copy, and for no other purpose.
  • We will display your Personal Information in your profile page and elsewhere in Copy only according to your preferences.
  • With Copy, you can submit and access your data, information, files and folders (known as “your things”). When doing so, you retain full ownership to your things. These Terms do not grant us any rights or intellectual property to your things apart from the limited rights we use to deliver the Copy service, which are explained here and in our Privacy Policy
  • Copy allows you to store a certain amount of data free of charge. Copy reserves the right to change the amount of free storage or terminate Free Accounts at any time. Copy may, at times, award your account additional free storage through various promotions, such as a referral program. You must follow the rules and restrictions of any such promotion to be eligible for additional storage. All free storage on your Copy account is subject to the same restrictions contained in these terms. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if a Free Account is inactive for a significant period of time, then Copy may delete any or all of Your Files. At least 30 days notice will be provided to the associated email address(es) on a Copy account in the event of changes to the amount of free storage, account termination for any reason other than abuse, or deletion of data due to inactivity.
  • By accepting these terms you represent that you are at least 13 years old.

TL:DR; nothing to bad at all as long as you use it.