Author Topic: All 3 BioShocks for $12  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: All 3 BioShocks for $12
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 00:47:01 »
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

:(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 01:26:42 »
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

:(

Not sure if you can still do it nowadays, but non-US folks would usually enter some random US billing address in order to purchase game keys.  However, I dunno if Bioshock keys are region-specific or not.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 01:37:13 »
Found this reddit post from a few months ago.  Bioshock Infinite purchase worked for someone in Australia. :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1oqlkn/amazon_digital_bioshock_infinite_pc_999/ccusrtd
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 04:38:39 »
Found this reddit post from a few months ago.  Bioshock Infinite purchase worked for someone in Australia. :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1oqlkn/amazon_digital_bioshock_infinite_pc_999/ccusrtd

I have an acquaintance who tried to buy something on Steam from the Ukraine store - the game was considerably cheaper, like about 1/10 the price in Australia.

The purchase went through, he downloaded it, but when he tried to run it, it was region locked and would not start on his otherwise Australian Windows/Steam/everything else.

He argued and eventually got a refund.

Really I CBF at the moment, lack of time and money doesn't help, and lack of a useable games rig is another contributing negative factor.

Maybe this kind of special offer should say "US only" in the title?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 06:06:15 »

I have an acquaintance who tried to buy something on Steam from the Ukraine store - the game was considerably cheaper, like about 1/10 the price in Australia.

The purchase went through, he downloaded it, but when he tried to run it, it was region locked and would not start on his otherwise Australian Windows/Steam/everything else.

He argued and eventually got a refund.

Really I CBF at the moment, lack of time and money doesn't help, and lack of a useable games rig is another contributing negative factor.

Maybe this kind of special offer should say "US only" in the title?
The price difference is a mix between the lower price in Eastern Europe and mega prices in Aus. The region lock came in because of a huge amount of people buying games in Russia or via VPN for alot cheaper (Steam prices are lower due to a general lower income [I think] which is why free games like Dota 2 have huge Russian interest at the moment)

But because there isn't such a huge gap between Aus and US prices they probably wont impliment a region lock, no guarantee but IMHO you should be fine.

I play battlefield in Russian because its a boat load cheaper :D And guns look the same in Russian as English.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)