Author Topic: [IC] Magnet65%( Gasket/ Bluetooth/ Hot swap)(GB live now, 1st-15th July)  (Read 54823 times)

Offline SFT StarDust

Hi, friends, after a long run of IC, making samples, testing, redesign , making samples, testing.....

and here we are , it's finalized , with elegant typing feel and nice sound, the Magnet keyboard.

A list of the finalized Specs:

MAGNET 65% keyboard

-Typing Angle: 5.7 degree
- Layout: 65% , WK
- Structure: Gasket mount, Individual battery cabin
- Plate: 2mm , optional PC/Aluminum plate(choose one in the case)
- Func: with  Bluetooth3.0+5.0, plus 2.4G wireless ,individual Type-C connector,  RGB lights, Hot swap switches,
- Anodic Aluminum and copper accessories, acrylic Bluetooth window (the glowing circle on the left side)
- Dimensions: L x W x H = 354 mm x 114mm x 30mm, about 1.3kg(with switches and keycaps)
- Colors: Black ,White, light Blue ,Dark Blue, Grey, Green, Pink

Futures :
 <Volcano like Individual indicator lights which shows all kinds of status including charging , Bluetooth connection status and so on >
<Acrylic Bluetooth window on the side with LED lights, like a thruster, which is elegant and at the same time ensure the wireless signal good >
<Changeable badges on the bottom side, and it got four different themes including Geology, Astronomy, Mechanics, Biology>
<Gasket mount with very limited space and poron foam under PCB, so it will keep the pleasant uniform typing feel and solid sound with no inner cavity echo>

What is the Price and what is included?

1 . Standard Version (Full Aluminum accessories )  399 USD
2. Golden Version  (Full Brass accessories) 499 USD

(The case itself is still Aluminum, just difference on accessories)

Metal Accessories including :

Volcano /Reactor(you can choose one of two), Badge at the side(do not go gentle...), Badges at the bottom(you can choose one of four), Bluetooth window, type-C interface.

Everything else is the same except the Metal Accessories, including:

- Hot Swap PCB, Bluetooth PCB, Type-C PCB and FPC connectors
- Plate( Aluminum / PC, you can choose one of two)
- 4500mAh battery
- Gasket Foam, Foam between PCB and Plate, Foam in the Cabin bottom
- light-transmitting  Acrylic , light leaking preventive foam
- Screwdriver, Tweeze, screws(M3 and M2)
- Foot pad

How to order?

www.spacefantasy.club

we'll release GB at our official website during 1st/July - 15th July.

Join Our Discord: https://discord.gg/5jQU6AXyz4  to follow up the update.

The website is still need to update, I 'll complete it before GB start.

Need Extra keyboard parts?

- PCB(including Bluetooth and type-C) 69 USD
- Volcano/Reactor Alum 30usd Brass 45usd
- Plate PC/Aluminum 29.9USD
- Badge at the bottom : Aluminum 32USD , Brass 45USD,  All four pack : Alum  70 USD  Brass:  110USD ( include the one in the Case)

Timeline and Status

- GB Release 1st/July - 15th July
- Orders be made to Factory - 15th July
- Production complete - estimated end of Nov.
- Delivery  - estimated early Dec.

I'll update the status here if anything changed.

Video: 

I'll update assemble and typing sound video later here.

More Detail Pictures

*All the pictures in this post is Real Samples ,No Renders.*

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 July 2021, 23:16:41 by SFT StarDust »

Offline 2Moons

Re: Magnet039 - 65%
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:42:14 »
Reserved

Offline whirlwind

Re: [IC] Magnet039 - 65% Keyboard of SFT
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:49:07 »

So, the plan is here.

1. Get the feedbacks and fix the final design.

I can't give any feedbacks if there's no google form.

Offline Xonuss

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:54:39 »
Initially looks very nice, but would like to see full board renders that are not upside down.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:55:10 »
I think the design is interesting but there is to much going on in my opinion.

I'm most interested to know how Bluetooth will be implemented and if the software has been developed already?

From past GBs, Bluetooth has *always* been a let down.

If the Bluetooth is tested and reliable, I'm sure you will have plenty of people who will be interested

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline kohalified

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 06:02:17 »
Can you do a full top down shot? Really hard to piece together the board with the board renders you currently have up. But so far it looks interesting almost in the vein of matrix keyboards, and I don't mean that as an insult.

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:05:21 »
How are you gonna implement wireless? Bluetooth? if yes, how high is the price gonna be due to licensing?
Speaking of price, how high is the price gonna be? Do you have a prototype?
Where are you located, so how much will shipping be? Have you run groupbuys before and if not, will you use proxies?
What material is the board? Just aluminium is too little info.

Design doesnt really look good and the whole IC looks like a moneygrab to me, sorry.

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:20:16 »
Initially looks very nice, but would like to see full board renders that are not upside down.

I'll update a upside down view tomorrow  ;) ;)

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:41:01 »
How are you gonna implement wireless? Bluetooth? if yes, how high is the price gonna be due to licensing?
Speaking of price, how high is the price gonna be? Do you have a prototype?
Where are you located, so how much will shipping be? Have you run groupbuys before and if not, will you use proxies?
What material is the board? Just aluminium is too little info.

Design doesnt really look good and the whole IC looks like a moneygrab to me, sorry.

It's ok ,  I'll keep update more details continually .

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:45:17 »

I'm most interested to know how Bluetooth will be implemented and if the software has been developed already?

If the Bluetooth is tested and reliable, I'm sure you will have plenty of people who will be interested

The PCB hardware and software is developing and I haven't received the first prototype yet, it 's will be in a 3-4 weeks.

I'll update a assembly pic in this week .

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:46:04 »
Like others I'd like to see a render or two of the board where you can take in the whole thing at once. Like, just sitting on a desk would be nice. Right now it is a little like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle.

From what I can see: I like the desire to make something unique with a story behind it. However for my personal tastes the board is far too busy and more importantly, lacks harmony. You've got front badges, back badges, and stuff going on on all over the side. You've got circles mixed with squares, mixed with hexagons, mixed with lines. You've got half the name of the board on the front and the other half on the back, and none of the badges are communicating anything. I'm afraid I don't know what the quote on the back of the board has to do with your theme?

I like the general direction you're going with something the appears sci-fi/futuristic like the Cybervoyagers, there's a lot of good keycap sets that match that sort of board coming out in the next year. However my recommendation (for what it's worth) is to go back and think about what you're really trying to say with this board and trim this design down to just the essentials that serve that vision.

Offline Insanecamo

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 20:23:02 »
Seems interesting, but would like to see a normal render of the thing on a desk or something.
Also a side note: like others said, it's a bit too busy.

Offline SFT StarDust

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Top down over view and badges update)
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 00:23:10 »
Hi guys ,I've updated the Top down views and some badges rendering .

more details is on the way .

Offline Flexmaster

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Top down over view and more details update)
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 07:00:52 »
Love the design

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Top down over view and more details update)
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 09:46:02 »
resereveed
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 09:49:05 »
Whats with the uneven blockers and empty space next to the spacebar?

Offline basedRNC

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 21:26:16 »
Calling a board magnet but not pursuing magnet mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 21:41:49 »
Treeleaf not approved

Oh I have already commented negatively on this post. I won't do it again, sorry
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 07:15:59 »

the Software is developing now, the bluetooth got a individual PCB and fixed on the bottom case, the antenna face to the acylic bluetooth window which will let the signal out.

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 07:20:40 »
Like others I'd like to see a render or two of the board where you can take in the whole thing at once. Like, just sitting on a desk would be nice. Right now it is a little like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle.

From what I can see: I like the desire to make something unique with a story behind it. However for my personal tastes the board is far too busy and more importantly, lacks harmony. You've got front badges, back badges, and stuff going on on all over the side. You've got circles mixed with squares, mixed with hexagons, mixed with lines. You've got half the name of the board on the front and the other half on the back, and none of the badges are communicating anything. I'm afraid I don't know what the quote on the back of the board has to do with your theme?

I like the general direction you're going with something the appears sci-fi/futuristic like the Cybervoyagers, there's a lot of good keycap sets that match that sort of board coming out in the next year. However my recommendation (for what it's worth) is to go back and think about what you're really trying to say with this board and trim this design down to just the essentials that serve that vision.

Very helpful feedback , I have to say the design is really a bit busy , and we 've already discuss how to simplify it, and to the theme actually there is a whole story about it ,but it still haven't been post yet.

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 07:22:30 »

:)) :))  may next Magnet version.  :cool: :cool:

Offline pilsy

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Assembly updated)
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 08:53:02 »
I very much like the general idea of the keyboard (in terms of design). However, I agree with the comments above. Narrowing the design down to just a few elements and shapes would help and I also find the uneven space between the keycaps a bit irritating (next to the spacebar).
Though, I feel like this could become a very nice-looking keyboard, with these changes. Definetly on my watchlist.  ;)

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 08:56:39 »
I want to love this so bad (because bluetooth) but what is up with those bottom row blockers?

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 09:32:13 »
I very much like the general idea of the keyboard (in terms of design). However, I agree with the comments above. Narrowing the design down to just a few elements and shapes would help and I also find the uneven space between the keycaps a bit irritating (next to the spacebar).
Though, I feel like this could become a very nice-looking keyboard, with these changes. Definetly on my watchlist.  ;)

got you, we are working at simplify the design and update it this week , and the uneven keycaps space problem is from the model ,will adjust it next update .

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 09:34:55 »
I want to love this so bad (because bluetooth) but what is up with those bottom row blockers?

thank you for support, which row blockers do you mean?  would you past a pic?

Offline zoo

• zoo
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 12:41:25 »
is the space around the mods for acoustics?

Offline raptorzoz

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 15:35:21 »
what price range should we expect this to be in? Other than that I really love the design!

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 21:33:36 »
Price TBD, should be under 399 USD

Offline kk73715

• Why are you even reading
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 01:25:07 »

:)) :))  may next Magnet version.  :cool: :cool:

already thinking of the next run??? thats a little offsetting

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 09:28:06 »

I'm talking about those 0.25u(?) blockers between the space bar and the Alt keys. Is that a deliberate choice? Also will there be a WK version?

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 04:05:26 »

I'm talking about those 0.25u(?) blockers between the space bar and the Alt keys. Is that a deliberate choice? Also will there be a WK version?

Ya, it is a 6.25U space , should be a 7U one . but now due to suggestion of IC ,  the Top case now is modifying to a more simplified one , I 'll post it later this week .

Offline VXQN

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 04:10:24 »
Have you considered adding top-blockers to match the sublime whimsy that is the bottom row?

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 04:36:21 »
Have you considered adding top-blockers to match the sublime whimsy that is the bottom row?

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 02:01:02 »

The layout would change a lot in the new simplified top case , I 'll update it this week

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 19:14:17 »

Thanks man!

Ya, it is a 6.25U space , should be a 7U one . but now due to suggestion of IC ,  the Top case now is modifying to a more simplified one , I 'll post it later this week .

Offline Alessio

• YT Channel
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 18:33:00 »
the gaps between the keycaps are so wide this would double as a piggy bank when not in use.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 05:17:38 »
Very unusual and quite cute.  The green looks amazing.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Drakenocas

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 17:51:31 »
Looks pretty good.  Getting tired of 65s, but I could go along with this one.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 12:26:53 »
Why does the Biology badge say "Boil"? It should just say "BIO" and have the "bio-hazard" symbol. It would be WAY cooler. Do it. Come on, just do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Offline SirKhamenman

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 02:26:54 »
Why does the Biology badge say "Boil"? It should just say "BIO" and have the "bio-hazard" symbol. It would be WAY cooler. Do it. Come on, just do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

This. And Mech icon should be gears

Offline Havattack

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 12:19:25 »

Or you could do that skull symbol from WH40k!  I think it's called "the adeptus Mechanicum" that use it (Not really into board games, just stumbled across some random lore vids on youtube.)
It's like a half normal, half machine skull, inside  a gear. Looks dope.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 December 2020, 11:10:13 by Havattack »

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 01:17:15 »

Or you could do that skull symbol from WH40k!  I think it's called "the adeptus Mechanicum" that us it (Not really into board games, just watched some random lore vids on youtube.

praise the omnissiah: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/0/07/Adeptus_mecanics.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090912170723

Offline Havattack

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 10:58:10 »

Or you could do that skull symbol from WH40k!  I think it's called "the adeptus Mechanicum" that us it (Not really into board games, just watched some random lore vids on youtube.

praise the omnissiah: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/0/07/Adeptus_mecanics.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090912170723
...You must be a HERETIC! For the Omnissiah has prevented you from displaying a graven image.. Someone hurry, call the INQUISITION!
(Link didn't work)

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 11:47:13 »

...You must be a HERETIC! For the Omnissiah has prevented you from displaying a graven image.. Someone hurry, call the INQUISITION!
(Link didn't work)

01101111 01101111 01110000 01110011 00100000 01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110011 01101111 01110010 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100111 01101111

https://imgur.com/gallery/4gejh

Offline Havattack

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 20:37:24 »

01101111 01101111 01110000 01110011 00100000 01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110011 01101111 01110010 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100111 01101111

https://imgur.com/gallery/4gejh

Man, someone needs to come out with some WH40K themed keycaps. I don't think I've even come across any artisan ones..

Offline hnjzyhf

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 16:07:00 »
Definetely want this, but please standard winkey option as well.
With WKL unfortunatly i have to skip for sure this keyboard, while with a Winkey option it's a sure buy because it has everything i need.

Offline Havattack

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard redesign ( Gasket/ Bluetooth/ Hot swap)
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 14:08:47 »
I like those indentations on the side bezels, but I think making all the bezels bigger would help to highlight it more.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 10:12:24 »
hope this is still in the works.

Offline saad117

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 03:21:59 »
Count me in

Offline kr0_-

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:47:53 »
Ohh could be my first mech keyboard