Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2685651 times)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #13350 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 08:37:43 »
Even though I am on the forums 24/7

I need a buddy to PM me when these go on  ;D

Show Image

Yeah, if you're not on you wouldn't get the PM.  :))

Offline xJudas

« Reply #13351 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 10:44:14 »
Hoff giving me heart attacks with all those Tapatalk notification on the sales page, LOL!

:)) The only thing that's killing me about it, is my email is super delayed. I get notifications several hours later. I might miss out on something  :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13352 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 02:13:29 »
Even though I am on the forums 24/7 I always tend to miss sales... ):

I need a buddy who is equally on the forums as much as I am and PM me when these go on  ;D

You think you miss sales!

At least you are in the right hemisphere.  In the right country :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #13353 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 01:17:03 »
Even though I am on the forums 24/7 I always tend to miss sales... ):

I need a buddy who is equally on the forums as much as I am and PM me when these go on  ;D

You think you miss sales!

At least you are in the right hemisphere.  In the right country :p

I guess I got that going for me...  ;D
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #13354 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 13:29:47 »
Do we have a clue what models will be offered in this upcoming sale. I have to assume the Reaper v2, and/or Reaper classic.

But if stumps, and v2's are discont. what else is there to raffle on? Can I pray for bronads?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #13355 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 13:39:25 »
Do we have a clue what models will be offered in this upcoming sale. I have to assume the Reaper v2, and/or Reaper classic.

But if stumps, and v2's are discont. what else is there to raffle on? Can I pray for bronads?

With Bro it's always a surprise.  ;D

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13356 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 13:41:17 »

Yeah you are just gonna have to wait and see.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13357 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 15:30:00 »
I think this counts for therapy: my black Cherokey is in Munich/Germany needless to say I don't live there anymore ... I'm like 2000km away back home.  I can only hope it will be sent back to Bro
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #13358 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:05:28 »
All these TR8-0R cap pictures are making me crave Oreos. I think Bro works for Nabisco.  :-X

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13359 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:08:26 »
All these TR8-0R cap pictures are making me crave Oreos. I think Bro works for Nabisco.  :-X

Well technically he would work for Mondelez.

I know this because my dad used to work for Nabisco who was bought by Kraft and then sold to Mondelez.  :p

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #13360 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:11:34 »

I know this because my dad used to work for Nabisco who was bought by Kraft and then sold to Mondelez.  :p

The more you know.  :D

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13361 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:17:49 »

The more you know.  :D

Yeah, business deals are more elaborate then I would have ever guessed. Kraft just merged with Heinz too and the new owners from Brazil came in and just eliminated a ridiculous amount of positions in order to save cost and bumped up everyone's work load. It was tough hearing about guys getting fired who were so close to retirement and hearing about people who stayed who weren't the best employees.

Sorry for the derailment.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #13362 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:27:59 »
So many TR8-0R's on mechmarket  >:D  Jerks.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13363 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:30:40 »

I saw one but did a few more just pop up?

So damn annoying.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #13364 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:36:51 »

So damn annoying.

Three went up today. Super annoying when I catch them up for trade before I've got my own or even seen sweet macros go up on GH - just ****ty potatoe timestamps.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #13365 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:40:24 »

yeah no doubt people entered the sale with the full intent to flip or trade immediately

let other people who want them have a chance at them :(

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13366 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:44:20 »

So damn annoying.

Three went up today. Super annoying when I catch them up for trade before I've got my own or even seen sweet macros go up on GH - just ****ty potatoe timestamps.

I saw the other two just now. I feel where you are coming from though. Why do people buy caps only to immediately trade them  :confused:

This picture from jerue is awesome though!

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #13367 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:50:27 »

yeah no doubt people entered the sale with the full intent to flip or trade immediately

So damn annoying.

I saw the other two just now. I feel where you are coming from though. Why do people buy caps only to immediately trade them  :confused:

So, just curious: what is the acceptable amount of time that should pass before one is allowed to put up their caps for trade?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13368 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:52:22 »

So damn annoying.

So, just curious: what is the acceptable amount of time that should pass before one is allowed to put up their caps for trade?

I couldn't honestly say. I would hope that the person who won the cap in the sale entered for the reason of keeping and using the cap. Not to immediately put it up as trade fodder because they know how crazy some people will go over the cap.

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #13369 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:54:25 »

So damn annoying.

There is no minimum, if you don't like the cap just dont buy it. And if you you're not sure don't buy it and if you changed your mind you can alwaystrade some other caps for it.

I just don't understand the people that buy it and put it for trade the same day they got it
I want clacks

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #13370 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:54:57 »

So damn annoying.

I couldn't honestly say. I would hope that the person who won the cap in the sale entered for the reason of keeping and using the cap. Not to immediately put it up as trade fodder because they know how crazy some people will go over the cap.

That's a little unfair though. The only way to acquire some caps is with trade fodder (unless you want to try throwing money at someone, but that usually doesn't work).

I really don't understand the frustration some of you feel against these actions. Flipping the caps I understand, but using them as trade bait? That's the nature of the game.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #13371 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:55:04 »

So damn annoying.

It's not really a matter of time, rather it's more about how these people obviously entered the sale (which was for a singular model cap) for trade fodder or quick cash

I wouldn't expect someone who genuinely liked the cap to decide they wanted to let it go hours after receiving it

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #13372 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:04:30 »

So damn annoying.

That's a little unfair though. The only way to acquire some caps is with trade fodder (unless you want to try throwing money at someone, but that usually doesn't work).

I really don't understand the frustration some of you feel against these actions. Flipping the caps I understand, but using them as trade bait? That's the nature of the game.

Nah, you keep posting about this likes it's fact but you're wrong to say that it's 'the way it is'. I got my entire collection from the original makers (or GH giveaways <3). No cash. No endless cycles of F5 for increasing my hordes of trade fodder.

Maybe serial up-traders like yourself need to say that to make themselves believe it's an ok thing to do. I dunno.

Looking at someones work and seeing it for it's aftermarket value and using it towards other goals, rather than enjoying the cap/art is ****ed up.

That's my opinion.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #13373 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:18:34 »

So damn annoying.

Nah, you keep posting about this likes it's fact but you're wrong to say that it's 'the way it is'. I got my entire collection from the original makers (or GH giveaways <3). No cash. No endless cycles of F5 for increasing my hordes of trade fodder.

Maybe serial up-traders like yourself need to say that to make themselves believe it's an ok thing to do. I dunno.

Looking at someones work and seeing it for it's aftermarket value and using it towards other goals, rather than enjoying the cap/art is ****ed up.

That's my opinion.

I just want you to consider a point of view besides your own. Do you think I don't enjoy the the cap/art because I am trading it away? That disappoints me because it means you've made a snap judgement about the "serial up-traders" and myself.

Certain designs aren't being sold anymore, simple as that. How do you expect people to acquire the V2 Bots or different Binge designs or even SnacKeys if not by trading? Are you telling everyone that they're screwed because they missed the original sale?

I think maybe I've misinterpreted something you've said, or maybe I've not stated something clearly enough, but I really don't see what's wrong with trading caps.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13374 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:23:32 »
More

So damn annoying.

That's my opinion.
I just want you to consider a point of view besides your own. Do you think I don't enjoy the the cap/art because I am trading it away? That disappoints me because it means you've made a snap judgement about the "serial up-traders" and myself.

Certain designs aren't being sold anymore, simple as that. How do you expect people to acquire the V2 Bots or different Binge designs or even SnacKeys if not by trading? Are you telling everyone that they're screwed because they missed the original sale?

I think maybe I've misinterpreted something you've said, or maybe I've not stated something clearly enough, but I really don't see what's wrong with trading caps.

Him being upset comes from the fact that there are people out there who actually wanted the cap and some of the people who won the cap just wanted it for trade fodder. It sucks to see that happen and I have been in the shoes of people who missed out and saw caps go up for trade to be used as fodder.

That is it. Yeah it is tough to get caps without having something to trade but if you are patient enough you will have a chance to get a hold of caps you actually want through sales.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #13375 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:28:32 »
More

So damn annoying.

That's my opinion.

Him being upset comes from the fact that there are people out there who actually wanted the cap and some of the people who won the cap just wanted it for trade fodder. It sucks to see that happen and I have been in the shoes of people who missed out and saw caps go up for trade to be used as fodder.

That is it. Yeah it is tough to get caps without having something to trade but if you are patient enough you will have a chance to get a hold of caps you actually want through sales.

Ah, I understand that. I don't entirely agree with it, but it makes sense. I'll end my rambling about it here though. This discussion could be its own topic.  :D

Offline btctopre

« Reply #13376 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:33:38 »
Come on dude, you have like 20 keycaps up for trade. And you're going to sit there and pretend like you didn't put some of them up right after getting them in the mail? Just checking the two first keycaps in your classifieds- you put a Star Cluster Reaper and a Nebulus V2 two/three days after receiving them from the Cosmos Sale.

Just because someone puts up something for trade quickly doesn't mean they don't appreciate it. There are just things they would prefer more, and decent people realize that you have to give up something to get something.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13377 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:34:41 »
As someone that got into the mech game too late to buy a BBV2 from Bro directly, it sucks to try to get one. I've tried to buy them, but nobody sells them for retail, and I'm not paying $200 for one. I also understand the frustration with seeing caps up for trade as soon as they're received. If you haven't been around for a long time, you're kinda darned if you do darned if you don't to an extent. Anyway, I'll end my rant here and say if anyone is selling a BBV2 for retail I'm down.  :))

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #13378 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 23:08:20 »
Come on dude, you have like 20 keycaps up for trade. And you're going to sit there and pretend like you didn't put some of them up right after getting them in the mail? Just checking the two first keycaps in your classifieds- you put a Star Cluster Reaper and a Nebulus V2 two/three days after receiving them from the Cosmos Sale.

Just because someone puts up something for trade quickly doesn't mean they don't appreciate it. There are just things they would prefer more, and decent people realize that you have to give up something to get something.

Nice detective work. I did do that ~7 months ago. It wasn't exactly a sale with one choice of cap so and I didn't get my top choices and decided to put them up for trade for very specific key caps only. I still have all my cosmic caps and they've all lived on my boards. Even though I have been offered very good deals and/or cash for them - I just never found what I was precisely looking for. For the record I never 'pretended' I didn't do that and in hindsight I think it was pretty gung-ho and a dumb thing to do.

If that's the same of trying to flip a TR8-0R (sale with only one item/variation) for 'any interesting offers' or a full GMK set (lol)... Or if it's anything the same as the Cherokey GB where people had days to pick up as many as they want to only go and use them as trade fodder day 1...  then go ahead and call me a hypocrite, but I think it's very different.

To be fair though; my points and frustration are more at the people who are burning though trades constantly. Theres a big group of people doing it with new post on mechmarket every 3 days. I never said anything about the amount of offerings people had at a given time. It's about people who trade for something then instantly have it up again as soon they get it (I'll save you more detective work: the only trade I received that I didn't want to keep is the Raven). For sure 100% that is not appreciating the caps. Maybe people don't care about that but I do so I thought I'd comment.

EDIT: yea, also still waiting on my Cherokeys so it does get me all rustled to see people trying to squeeze as much trade value as they can out of them before mine have even arrived  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 February 2016, 23:10:44 by nathanrosspowell »

Offline joey

« Reply #13379 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 02:40:37 »
If you only enter sales for caps you *really* want.. when you miss out on those, what can you do? It's "better" to enter more sales, so if you miss out you can try and trade towards a cap you do want.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #13380 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 02:52:56 »
The point is there are a lot of artisanless people out there not getting their caps while people who only enter the raffle to trade them.
There is not much you can do about it.. just try to do the same and keep trading :P or be lucky in an after sale/raffle.
I got lucky with an after sale and my first bro cap is on the way :)

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #13381 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 07:25:59 »
If you only enter sales for caps you *really* want.. when you miss out on those, what can you do? It's "better" to enter more sales, so if you miss out you can try and trade towards a cap you do want.

I've been torn over this philosophy, but ultimately I don't enter any raffles if I don't truly want the cap. This goes for all artisans, not just Bros.  While it does reduce my chances, the day I do win a raffle for something I want will feel like Christmas.:p

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #13382 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 07:29:52 »
I think it depends on the person, I really wanted to get my first Bro's as they're what got me into mechanical keyboards. On the other hand, I would like to trade them for a BBv2, as it is my favorite design and the Slurple V2/Bro Purple V2 specifically are my goals & the first I saw.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13383 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 07:30:53 »

Wait for the next sale. If you truly have no interest in the cap being sold though and want it just for trade fodder, as is the case here it's pretty ****ty.

If you enter a raffle with 6 caps and get one of your last choices, then try to trade for your first or second I can understand more where you are coming from.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #13384 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 07:39:39 »
Frank as possible I think everyone commenting on this are a bunch of hypocrites because we all know full well, people enter every sale possible by, bro or be it clack and binge with trading for something in mind, so lets not belittle people for wanting to get something they actually want, because they only way to get a key is to trade a key (Bar spending stupid money) anyway thats my thoughts, stop being salty you didn't get one and just smile and wave folks, smile and wave.

Edit: and before someone says well people sell for retail too, yeah sure but very rarely and to select people just covering my bases on the reply side of stuff.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2016, 07:45:51 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline xJudas

« Reply #13385 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 08:40:19 »
I skipped a couple sales because I didn't particularly want the one for sale. At least Bro does sales/giveaways for people who don't have a Brocap yet.  :thumb:

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13386 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 09:11:36 »
I think people are allowed to do what they want with the things they have purchased.

I also think people are allowed to have an opinion on certain types of behaviour.

Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13387 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 09:28:58 »

came here to thank iamtootallforthis...

then I kept reading...

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #13388 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 09:35:42 »

came here to thank iamtootallforthis...

then I kept reading...

Show Image

Yeah I should have just kept my mouth shut.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #13389 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:42:29 »
Oh my. I almost fell out of my chair.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #13390 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:42:47 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #13391 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:42:58 »
Can't handle it.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #13392 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:43:27 »

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #13393 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:43:43 »
Can't handle it.

Come on baby, don't fear the Reaper.

Offline joey

« Reply #13394 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:44:01 »
IM A GAMER (not really)

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #13395 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:44:05 »
wowwwww  :'(    i want a set of both types!!!! ahh!!

edit: that ice blue is 2die4
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:48:08 by KetchyKech »
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13396 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:44:44 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:13:41 by alienman82 »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13397 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:45:09 »
I really hope red Topre becomes a thing.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #13398 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:45:36 »
Woot!

Hope I can get a blue set for the HHKB!

I know the dont fit in the Nova touch sliders but I will have to shape them my self o.o

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #13399 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:48:05 »
Wow, those new pics are crazy. I need me some BS gamer set..

RNGesus, please bless me in the next sale.  :eek:

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)