Author Topic: Wireless Filco w/Brown cherry switches  (Read 1909 times)

Offline rdjack21

Wireless Filco w/Brown cherry switches
« on: Wed, 11 November 2009, 21:30:37 »
What would one of these be worth to you if I got it and had it shiped to the US? And would someone be interested in actually purchasing it if I did get it. Or would I be stuck with it? I'm offering this up because I know that there are some here that would like to get a Wireless keyboard with mechanical switches in it and I need to know if I spend the money to get it will I be able to recoup that money. I'm not really interested in making a profit on it but it will not be cheap. I would list for what I got it for plus half the shipping to my location (I have another board I can pack it with which will lower shipping costs).

Any ways here is the pictures from the auction:

And here is diatec web page for the product.

Right now the board does not have a bad price on it but it has 3 days to go and I have seen these go high before. But was wondering if it stayed low if I should get it and sell it here or not.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 November 2009, 23:11:14 »
What key is that next to the spacebar on the left and right?
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 November 2009, 01:13:05 »
Kana or language shift keys. It is a Japanese keyboard but has the nice feature of having a usable space bar but has the downfall of having a small backspace key. I'm not sure it is worth shipping in mostly due to the layout issues. But if someone wants one and is willing to pay for it why not.

The main reason I'm not sure it is worth it or not is that most of these I have seen in the past have gone for around 7,500 - 10,000 yen which would make it very expensive indeed after all the conversions and expenses. I tend to only bid on relatively cheap stuff or on something I really want. At current rates and expenses a 3,500 yen keyboard will cost you about $50 bucks before shipping. Right now this particular board is sitting at about 1,500 yen but when all the bidding is over I would not be surprised if this one does not go over 5,000 yen. There are others listed as well but they are much more expensive.

I thought I had found another elusive Topre board and if it had been what I thought it was I would have paid what the seller wanted for it (9,800 yen) but it ended up not being what I thought it might be so I'm passing on that one.

Some other nut case has one of those NISSHO boards I have but the nut pulled all the keys and put them on a Realforce 106 and listed it at 10,000 yen. I guess he thinks someone will pay extra for the cupped keys. Oh he also put the Realforce 106 keys on the NISSHO and listed it for 5,000 yen. If he would put the keys back where they belong and left the NISSHO at 5,000 yen I might get it just to have a unmodified version of it.

Oh well I'm typing more stuff than you wanted to know so stopping now.....
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 November 2009, 02:46:18 »
So tempting...must resist...

Too bad it's not Cherry Blue, otherwise I would jump on it without second thought.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 November 2009, 03:39:08 »
You could probably swap the PCB inside with that of a 104-key Blue Cherry Filco to get Blue Cherrys and a 104-key layout.