Author Topic: A really late introduction: By that Asian-Canadian Guy  (Read 3448 times)

Offline zcmy

• I really should be working... not "working"
A really late introduction: By that Asian-Canadian Guy
« on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 08:44:55 »
Hiya GH! I'm Sorta new here. I'm a over-caffeinated student working on my bachelors degree while juggling too many hobbies at a time. I'm mainly working on getting my endgame board (Still sketching out ideas here) and a couple of very specific artisans. Once i'm done with those I'll start working on my custom builds, which are in order of importance: TKL -> 60% ---------> 30% (This probably won't get made.) I'm also tossing around the idea of making artisans, so you might see something from me on that front sometime in the future!

Yes, I do takes bribes of coffee or food. :)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: A really late introduction: By that Asian-Canadian Guy
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 21:29:56 »

By the time I send those "bribes" up north, they'll probably spoil.  Come down to LA and we'll talk.  :)   Oh and welcome to Geek Hack.  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 23:09:50 »
Hey welcome. A 30% keyboard? Yowzers

Offline zcmy

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 06:01:33 »
Hey welcome. A 30% keyboard? Yowzers

Sadly, that's a pipe dream until I find a layout that works at 30%.

Which might take a couple of years, or a couple days. Who knows.

By the time I send those "bribes" up north, they'll probably spoil.  Come down to LA and we'll talk.  :)   Oh and welcome to Geek Hack.  :)

Lol. I might! Depending on where internships and opportunities take me. I have friends down in LA, so I do have reasons to go down, but the exchange rate right now is killer. D:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 06:11:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I was going to ask what keys are on a 30%.  40% is about the smallest usable layout, with just alphas and a few modifiers.  30% would have to start sacrificing some of the alphas, or pretty much all of the modifiers.

Today's Dilbert seems somehow appropriate in this context: http://dilbert.com/strip/2016-06-12
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline zcmy

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 08:09:45 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I was going to ask what keys are on a 30%.  40% is about the smallest usable layout, with just alphas and a few modifiers.  30% would have to start sacrificing some of the alphas, or pretty much all of the modifiers.

Today's Dilbert seems somehow appropriate in this context: http://dilbert.com/strip/2016-06-12

Ehh, i'll make it work if I end up going that way. However, It's going to take a while on my current plans.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 21:18:18 »
are you here to replace sifo?

he's our designated asian canadian.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 21:20:15 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 21:24:13 »
Frosty Toast is an Asian Canadian too though...

Also welcome to geekhack my frigid friend
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline zcmy

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 21:45:35 »

Yep! I'm actually going to swing by your part of the woods in September-ish. I think you're somewhere around London? Depends on when HomeComing is for UWO. And if I can hitchhike or get a rideshare over.

Nah, sifo's cool. Won't replace him.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 21:56:00 »

Yep! I'm actually going to swing by your part of the woods in September-ish. I think you're somewhere around London? Depends on when HomeComing is for UWO. And if I can hitchhike or get a rideshare over.

Haha yeah I'm in London, moving to Ottawa in September for school though :(  Give lucaslink and frostytoast a shout though, they should be here still.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 21:59:16 »

dont tell him that, he might believe it.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline zcmy

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 23:25:12 »

Haha yeah I'm in London, moving to Ottawa in September for school though :(  Give lucaslink and frostytoast a shout though, they should be here still.
Will do! Although, depending on how soused I get, that might be hard to remember.

dont tell him that, he might believe it.

Too late, methinks.