Author Topic: Vote for Trump  (Read 165215 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Vote for Trump
« on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 23:12:50 »
What could possibly happen..

Name it..

Offline Belfong

Re: Vote for Trump
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 23:21:51 »
When is Election Day?

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 23:31:17 »
When is Election Day?
November 8th

But srs, please don't let trump happen.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 00:20:23 »
With hillary,, honestly,  at best,  i can think of what Wouldn't happen...

But I don't see any pros to it..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 00:26:19 »
With trump..

We get..

The ultimate TV-show..

Every day, he's gonna be doing funny stuff on the TV // social media.

He'll cut taxes for the rich..  hurray,  we always wanted to be one of those..   Hopefully we all become relatively rich in the 4 years he's in office

If a person is no where near rich,  then it wouldn't matter who they voted for, because neither candidates will do anything for the poor, when has any candidate really responded to the needs of the many..   don't be so optimistic..

At the very least,  I really do believe him, when he says, we're going to bring some jobs back to america..

If you visualize, trump as president,   it's certainly possible that America's credit tanks a bit,   that's good in a way, if we're talking about exports..

If our exports become cheaper,  that's one sure way to bring production back home.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 01:34:22 »
If Trump gets voted into office, they will have to get him tone him down a bit, especially the after-hours twitter stuff haha. I like that he isn't so PC, but he still needs to take a chill pill sometimes.

As far as taxes, the poor are already taxed at a very low rate, but his plan (has to be approved) would mean that people making under 25k a year pay zero.
Hillary called it 'Trump Trickledown Economics" when he suggested lowering the corporate tax rate, but America has the second highest in the world. Trump knows a thing or two (good or bad) about corporate taxes and is a big reason why also I think that he  can bring jobs to America.

The next president will potentially have the power to appoint several Supreme Court justices, that is something I don't want the Clinton in charge of but regardless, there are 3 branches of government for a reason

Will he build the wall? Maybe, but I like the fact Trump will be tough on immigration. As much as I would like to, America cannot save the world in this regard.

While he probably has done some shady stuff, there is no comparison to the Clinton Foundation and all the leaked information that has come forward in the past few weeks. Foreign leaders of Middle-Eastern countries have donated millions to her foundation and not to mention favors for those on Wall Street.

I don't think he is the Second Coming or anything, the bottom line is that Trump better meets my criteria on the big issues than Hillary.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 04:43:00 »
Unlike every thinking man in the Western world outside the USA, Trump does not believe in global warming. He would tear up the Paris treaty... setting back progress ten years. The Paris treaty needs USA to be in to be effective. Not that the treaty was very effective to begin with, requiring only the bare minimum which would satisfy only the most optimistic scenario.

No prominent world leader wants to be associated with Trump. They have too much integrity for that. USA would have little to no political influence in the world - that is not leveraged with military force. That does not bode well.

In the newspaper I read today, I read that a financial institute had calculated that if Trump would win then USA would be in for a long recession much worse than the 2008 financial crisis.

In other words. Trump would be a global catastrophe.
Mass unemployment.  In twenty-thirty years, parts of southern/central USA would be uninhabitable.
Goodbye cheap coffee. Goodbye affordable chocolate. Everyone would have to eat ramen. (...)
Wall against Mexico - what would that help? You are kidding yourself if you think Mexico would be paying a cent for that. More likely, Mexicans in USA would want to move back as soon as the US economy shows signs of weakness (something that the Trump administration probably would spin somehow). USA would invade a South or Central American country to steal their natural resources as a short-term fix for a shortage back home but unlike US' previous wars of conquest this century, people would distrust the propaganda from the spin doctors and morale would be at the bottom.
In a hundred years because of sea-level rise, many coastal towns such as Miami and New Orleans would be no more.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 November 2016, 06:31:13 by Findecanor »

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 04:45:22 »
And here I am just waiting for the national legalization of recreational marijuana.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 04:58:55 »
:popcorn:
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 06:26:42 »

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 06:32:38 »
Why America doesn't get that they have third party candidates is beyond me, but on subject he is better than hillary. Atleast he doesn't want to start a war with Russia. And I think that four years with him might not actually have that much to say. He will likely be controlled by someone who knows a bit more about what they are doing, and he knows a thing or two about economics.
TP4 fanboy

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 08:01:29 »
TP thread
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 09:51:04 »
Unlike every thinking man in the Western world outside the USA, Trump does not believe in global warming. He would tear up the Paris treaty... setting back progress ten years. The Paris treaty needs USA to be in to be effective. Not that the treaty was very effective to begin with, requiring only the bare minimum which would satisfy only the most optimistic scenario.

No prominent world leader wants to be associated with Trump. They have too much integrity for that. USA would have little to no political influence in the world - that is not leveraged with military force. That does not bode well.

In the newspaper I read today, I read that a financial institute had calculated that if Trump would win then USA would be in for a long recession much worse than the 2008 financial crisis.

In other words. Trump would be a global catastrophe.
Mass unemployment.  In twenty-thirty years, parts of southern/central USA would be uninhabitable.
Goodbye cheap coffee. Goodbye affordable chocolate. Everyone would have to eat ramen. (...)
Wall against Mexico - what would that help? You are kidding yourself if you think Mexico would be paying a cent for that. More likely, Mexicans in USA would want to move back as soon as the US economy shows signs of weakness (something that the Trump administration probably would spin somehow). USA would invade a South or Central American country to steal their natural resources as a short-term fix for a shortage back home but unlike US' previous wars of conquest this century, people would distrust the propaganda from the spin doctors and morale would be at the bottom.
In a hundred years because of sea-level rise, many coastal towns such as Miami and New Orleans would be no more.

Global warming is a community issue..  No one especially not America is willing to fight the fight..

Has anyone stopped driving big cars..  Has anyone stopped buying into the suburbs when they get some cash..  Has anyone ordered less rubbish on amazon.com..

So you see..  the fight on global warming had been a dud from the beginning from the American Perspective..   

-- Prominent world leader associate with Trump..  How does this even matter..   America speaks Dollars,  that language is universal..  Take it or leave it..

--  People seem to think, Recessions are always bad..   The truth is,  the GROWTH of money is actually just inflation..  America has Not truly grown in any productive capacity since the early 2000s..   

---  Ya'll who don't understand money,   let's clue in,  America PRINTS money..  That's it.. it's all just printed,  and that's suppose to be GROWTH,  but it's only a Growth EVER, on PAPER..     Nothing else has changed except we've got more paper...

Global Catastrophe..   More like Global re-balancing..  This is precisely what we need for Long run equality and progress..

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 09:53:18 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:46:04 by alienman82 »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 09:56:26 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 10:06:40 »
Why America doesn't get that they have third party candidates is beyond me, but on subject he is better than hillary. Atleast he doesn't want to start a war with Russia. And I think that four years with him might not actually have that much to say. He will likely be controlled by someone who knows a bit more about what they are doing, and he knows a thing or two about economics.

Probably because or third parties are often more bat**** crazy.  That and, for some unknown reason, we have created super parties that do not have more unified beliefs.  Our Democratic and Republican parties have enough differing beliefs that we could easily split each of them into at least three or four parties, kind of like most of the rest if the world does.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 10:57:03 »

There is so much stupid in this thread (everything that is bad is actually good!) that I'm hesitant to give an actual answer, but here it goes.

Every elected government in the world is eventually made up from two parties. In European Parliamentary systems (which are what most Americans look at when complaining about the us process) there are many parties, but after the election if there is not a majority party there is deal making and compromise made to create a coalition government. In the United States two party system, the brokering of these deals happens before the election. It is incorrect to think of the Democratic or Republican Party as a monolithic party made up of people with narrow interests. They are best thought of as coalitions of groups with some similar interests, and compromise is made to form a platform. This coalition building happens at the primary stage. So if you sat around not paying attention until the general election and wonder why you don't have choices you like, you already missed the boat. If you want to enact real change in the way that people have access to make change in government through voting, you need to work towards primary reform, not the destruction of a two party system. Things like winner take all primaries, caucuses, closed primaries, and other tools are the bigger problem.

Going further, you can see the failures of the GOP in building an effective coalition this election during the primary stage. Some of this was due to bad leadership, some of it is due to bad primary rules. Since Goldwater nearly burnt the whole thing down, the Republican Party has been a coalition of the small government/personal liberty crowd, the strong national defense crowd, the fiscal conservatives, and the social conservatives. As you can see, some of these are in opposition to each other (social conservative vs personal liberty). In the year's gop  primary, you could see different candidates with different priorities and the big failure of the party was never seeking to build any kind of coalition. In fact, everyone was happy to fracture the party further to make their own inflexible stand.

Which does bring us to how Trump fits into all of this. If you look at the rough groups above, which one is he? He's not a small government proponent, not a social conservative, a little for liberties but not that either, not a proponent of a large military reach, and he sure as hell isn't a fiscal conservative. It turns out I didn't list one major group: the white nationalist vote. The GOP for years didn't want to talk about this, and explicitly stated in the 2012 election post-mortem that they needed to pivot away from being the party of white nationalism. It turns out that racism and xeophobia runs deep, and Trump's support is built mostly on white males with limited education and isolationist and exclusionary ideals, and that group is much, much bigger than many had anticipated.

But don't take my word for it, Shakespeare said it all before. If you're complicit in this tragedy, which kind of voter are you? http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/opinion/sunday/shakespeare-explains-the-2016-election.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&_r=0&referer=

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 11:07:15 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:46:03 by alienman82 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 11:13:23 »

There is so much stupid in this thread (everything that is bad is actually good!) that I'm hesitant to give an actual answer, but here it goes.

Every elected government in the world is eventually made up from two parties. In European Parliamentary systems (which are what most Americans look at when complaining about the us process) there are many parties, but after the election if there is not a majority party there is deal making and compromise made to create a coalition government. In the United States two party system, the brokering of these deals happens before the election. It is incorrect to think of the Democratic or Republican Party as a monolithic party made up of people with narrow interests. They are best thought of as coalitions of groups with some similar interests, and compromise is made to form a platform. This coalition building happens at the primary stage. So if you sat around not paying attention until the general election and wonder why you don't have choices you like, you already missed the boat. If you want to enact real change in the way that people have access to make change in government through voting, you need to work towards primary reform, not the destruction of a two party system. Things like winner take all primaries, caucuses, closed primaries, and other tools are the bigger problem.

Going further, you can see the failures of the GOP in building an effective coalition this election during the primary stage. Some of this was due to bad leadership, some of it is due to bad primary rules. Since Goldwater nearly burnt the whole thing down, the Republican Party has been a coalition of the small government/personal liberty crowd, the strong national defense crowd, the fiscal conservatives, and the social conservatives. As you can see, some of these are in opposition to each other (social conservative vs personal liberty). In the year's gop  primary, you could see different candidates with different priorities and the big failure of the party was never seeking to build any kind of coalition. In fact, everyone was happy to fracture the party further to make their own inflexible stand.

Which does bring us to how Trump fits into all of this. If you look at the rough groups above, which one is he? He's not a small government proponent, not a social conservative, a little for liberties but not that either, not a proponent of a large military reach, and he sure as hell isn't a fiscal conservative. It turns out I didn't list one major group: the white nationalist vote. The GOP for years didn't want to talk about this, and explicitly stated in the 2012 election post-mortem that they needed to pivot away from being the party of white nationalism. It turns out that racism and xeophobia runs deep, and Trump's support is built mostly on white males with limited education and isolationist and exclusionary ideals, and that group is much, much bigger than many had anticipated.

But don't take my word for it, Shakespeare said it all before. If you're complicit in this tragedy, which kind of voter are you? http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/opinion/sunday/shakespeare-explains-the-2016-election.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&_r=0&referer=

I don't understand why you guys are so concerned about democratic ideals or political ideology.

If you are not RICH,  none of those things matter or affect you enough..   And true political efficacy is not at the polls, rather it's traded on wallstreet..

If you even have the time to talk about those things.. you're likely too poor to do anything about them..   The right of way is always PAID for,  never by intellect or discussion.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 11:36:20 »
I can't help but think that we've been bullied into making one of two bad choices: by the early Republican Trump supporters who allowed him the foothold to climb over better candidates, and Democrat insiders who had already anointed Clinton in the DNC before the primaries. I will reluctantly vote for Trump though it sickens me. My reasons are threefold, two policy related and one visceral.

First, I think it's an effrontery to the Constitution to appoint judges to the SCOTUS who think it's their duty to act as lawmakers. That is the job of the Legislature not activist judges of either ideology. Roe v Wade and the recent Affordable Healthcare decisions are examples of making law under the guise of interpretation and will never be accepted by the whole population because it was legislated by the bench and not by the people. Trump favors the appointment of judges who will interpret the founding documents, not make law.

Second, I'm not comfortable with forfeiting our ranking as a prominent country to be one voice of many in a global government. Whether it's borderless countries or loss of autonomy in world affairs, it's a cheap concession for a country with little to offer and even less to lose. Not so for the US. I'm not blind about the need to adapt and work together but some of the globalist talk I read about is quite unsettling.

And finally, I personally find Mrs. Clinton to be a less than inspiring sight. Some will call me sexist but they'd be mistaken. It's not that she's a woman but rather her style; the way she presents herself. I find little to be inspired by. She cackles when she laughs, her loud rallying shouts appear to be fake or at least forced, and when she is triumphant I just want to wipe that smug look off of her face. You may say I'm being petty but appearance is part of the package that makes a leader. I won't even go into ethical charges levied against her; the same could be said against Trump.

We have two flawed candidates to choose from. In some ways whichever one wins, we still lose.  I hope that whoever does, they find that we will be able to at least give them a chance and not try to sabotage their efforts to improve our nation. I would encourage you to read an article I wrote several weeks ago that speaks to this issue.https://kurplopintheshop.wordpress.com/2016/10/13/blog-post-title/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 11:42:03 »
I can't help but think that we've been bullied into making one of two bad choices: by the early Republican Trump supporters who allowed him the foothold to climb over better candidates, and Democrat insiders who had already anointed Clinton in the DNC before the primaries. I will reluctantly vote for Trump though it sickens me. My reasons are threefold, two policy related and one visceral.

First, I think it's an effrontery to the Constitution to appoint judges to the SCOTUS who think it's their duty to act as lawmakers. That is the job of the Legislature not activist judges of either ideology. Roe v Wade and the recent Affordable Healthcare decisions are examples of making law under the guise of interpretation and will never be accepted by the whole population because it was legislated by the bench and not by the people. Trump favors the appointment of judges who will interpret the founding documents, not make law.

Second, I'm not comfortable with forfeiting our ranking as a prominent country to be one voice of many in a global government. Whether it's borderless countries or loss of autonomy in world affairs, it's a cheap concession for a country with little to offer and even less to lose. Not so for the US. I'm not blind about the need to adapt and work together but some of the globalist talk I read about is quite unsettling.

And finally, I personally find Mrs. Clinton to be a less than inspiring sight. Some will call me sexist but they'd be mistaken. It's not that she's a woman but rather her style; the way she presents herself. I find little to be inspired by. She cackles when she laughs, her loud rallying shouts appear to be fake or at least forced, and when she is triumphant I just want to wipe that smug look off of her face. You may say I'm being petty but appearance is part of the package that makes a leader. I won't even go into ethical charges levied against her; the same could be said against Trump.

We have two flawed candidates to choose from. In some ways whichever one wins, we still lose.  I hope that whoever does, they find that we will be able to at least give them a chance and not try to sabotage their efforts to improve our nation. I would encourage you to read an article I wrote several weeks ago that speaks to this issue.https://kurplopintheshop.wordpress.com/2016/10/13/blog-post-title/

The other conspiracy theory is,

Clinton is actually so powerful,  that She was the one who put Trump next to herself ON PURPOSE, to ensure that she wins..

All the more reason to vote Trump. Let's see what happens..

Buhhh.... on the equality side.

If there was going to be a woman president,  No one else is even close,  and they won't be close for a very long time..   

So...... if we're ever going to get one..  it's going to be her.. ...  in that way,  probably this inner guilt that the republic of male all somewhat share,  is at least assuaged..

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:00:42 »

Probably because or third parties are often more bat**** crazy.  That and, for some unknown reason, we have created super parties that do not have more unified beliefs.  Our Democratic and Republican parties have enough differing beliefs that we could easily split each of them into at least three or four parties, kind of like most of the rest if the world does.
See dancing at the 2016 Libertarian convention. I would have voted for Ron Paul in a second in he was on the ballot.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:06:53 »

See dancing at the 2016 Libertarian convention. I would have voted for Ron Paul in a second in he was on the ballot.

link to video ?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:28:28 »

You assume that judges like Scalia did not do the same.  I hate the "lawmaker" judge argument since the judges are not acting in that manner, they are treating the Constitution like a living document and make judgement based upon the changing times.  The other side believes that the Constitution is a document stuck in concrete.  Conservative judges are willing to reinterpret the Constitution however they want to until it's something they mostly object to, like gay marriage.  You see the same BS within the Christian right.  The Bible is a living document until they decide there's a group worthy of their hate.  The Bible condemns mixing fabrics, women teaching, women being in church with their heads uncovered, makeup, tattoos, divorce, and so on, but those are all okay because the Bible is a living document.

If Congress disagrees with a court ruling, it is their duty to pass laws to correct the perceived deficiency.  I'd purple disagree, it is their duty to let their representative know and, of necessary, begin the process to add amendments. The court is there to interpret the Constitution.  That does not mean I agree with all their rulings, but I do not see them as activists.

And how can you be so concerned about the Supreme Court when Trump had actively started that he wants to abridge and trample our Constitutional rights, starting with the First Amendment.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:31:17 by nubbinator »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:37:03 »
It's interesting to learn how people justify their vote for Trump and delude themselves into thinking that he is actually focused on anything but himself.  The main reason that individuals are interested in voting for Trump seems to be that he is not Clinton and we would be worse off under Clinton.

And please, attack me for not holding Hillary to the same standard.  But she has shown that she is willing to listen to advisers, learn from experience, work together with various parties, use all that to make decisions and try to address problems, and take years of constant criticism like a champ.  While egotistical and power hungry.  Trump hasn't done any of that, and will serve himself above all.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:45:14 »
I can't help but think that we've been bullied into making one of two bad choices: by the early Republican Trump supporters who allowed him the foothold to climb over better candidates, and Democrat insiders who had already anointed Clinton in the DNC before the primaries.

There is no good choice, here.  Just choices and less bad choices.  Orange Hitler, or Grandma Nixon.

Election 2016: A tale of two dumpster fires

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:52:50 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:45:55 by alienman82 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:54:13 »
It's interesting to learn how people justify their vote for Trump and delude themselves into thinking that he is actually focused on anything but himself.  The main reason that individuals are interested in voting for Trump seems to be that he is not Clinton and we would be worse off under Clinton.

And please, attack me for not holding Hillary to the same standard.  But she has shown that she is willing to listen to advisers, learn from experience, work together with various parties, use all that to make decisions and try to address problems, and take years of constant criticism like a champ.  While egotistical and power hungry.  Trump hasn't done any of that, and will serve himself above all.

There's no delusion..  Everyone helps themselves.. you don't get to be president by helping others.. if anything Being president requires the most selfish person in the world.   What other person can actually hold onto a position like that..

In that regard, hillary and trump are equally selfish..

That's fine.. 

Selfishness is not a bad thing,  it's a necessity when the game is power..

People like to trash on Trumps experience..  people continously over-estimate the actual job of a president,  they're the head of decision making, but they don't come up with the options.. 

The options presented to the decision maker are all well researched and vetted for major catastrophes, 

Can bad things still happen,  sure they can,   but overall,   the choice of candidate does not alter the risk greatly.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 16:30:22 »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 19:06:15 »
Global Catastrophe..   More like Global re-balancing..  This is precisely what we need for Long run equality and progress..
Don't play the idiot. You know better than that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 19:21:16 »
Don't play the idiot. You know better than that.

If you introduce greater uncertainty,  the quality of the bond is reduced..

If our stuff is now cheaper,   we finally get to sell some..

America has been riding on the edge of Computer technology for the longest time.. they can't make it, so they have to buy ours.

But now that everyone else has internet,   this trade is not particularly hard to learn, because all the base facts are already in place for all to see..

given the more strict educational systems of other nations,   complete convergence is not only inevitable but approaching rapidly..

So, we might as well do it sooner, and start rebuilding manufacturing right away..  sooner than later,  america will have to make its own nikes and polo shirts.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 19:33:10 »
I still wonder as to whether or not someone paid Trump to run. I'm a little worried what will happen with global relations after this presidency regardless of who wins--although my gut feeling says we'll do just fine with Hillary as president. Some countries might be hesitant to shake hands but I think a potential post-Trump USA would have more security issues to deal with in the long haul.

I'm not even a third party supporter--I'm one of them Independent aliens of the underworld.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 19:35:52 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:45:13 by alienman82 »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 20:11:19 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 20:18:46 »
I still wonder as to whether or not someone paid Trump to run. I'm a little worried what will happen with global relations after this presidency regardless of who wins--although my gut feeling says we'll do just fine with Hillary as president. Some countries might be hesitant to shake hands but I think a potential post-Trump USA would have more security issues to deal with in the long haul.

I'm not even a third party supporter--I'm one of them Independent aliens of the underworld.

I honestly feel like they picked Trump to run because he made other candidates look more sane and reasonable, then it backfired horrifically on the Republican Party officials because they didn't realize how Tea Party/Birther/irrational a larger portion of their base has become.

Honestly, I would vote Bush (sans Cheney who scares the hell out of me) into office again over Hillary or Trump.  That's how terrible I feel the two choices are.  I wouldn't go so far as to vote for Reagan or Kennedy, but I could definitely vote for Bush again.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 20:21:53 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 20:54:39 »
The real question isn't "Do you think Hillary will be a good President?"

The question is, "Will Tim Kaine be a good President once Hillary succumbs to her Parkinson's?"

President Tim doesn't exactly roll of the tongue...

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 21:20:16 »
The real question isn't "Do you think Hillary will be a good President?"

The question is, "Will Tim Kaine be a good President once Hillary succumbs to her Parkinson's?"

President Tim doesn't exactly roll of the tongue...
All I know about this guy is he really likes to number stuff.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 21:31:58 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 21:48:55 »
changed the video source - the other one was heavily edited
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 November 2016, 21:51:12 by noisyturtle »

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 21:52:09 »
More

That first guy is the one that supposedly carries around her Diazepam pen.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 22:00:06 »
More

That first guy is the one that supposedly carries around her Diazepam pen.

so..  what happened in the video,  did she have an anxiety attack ?

what was in the crowd

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 22:06:46 »
changed the video source - the other one was heavily edited

So flustered.  Many bother.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 22:13:51 »
I always love teh_dolan conspiracy theories, they're all so crazy.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 23:49:41 »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 23:56:03 »

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 09:21:49 »
You assume that judges like Scalia did not do the same.  I hate the "lawmaker" judge argument since the judges are not acting in that manner, they are treating the Constitution like a living document and make judgement based upon the changing times.  The other side believes that the Constitution is a document stuck in concrete.  Conservative judges are willing to reinterpret the Constitution however they want to until it's something they mostly object to, like gay marriage.  You see the same BS within the Christian right.  The Bible is a living document until they decide there's a group worthy of their hate.  The Bible condemns mixing fabrics, women teaching, women being in church with their heads uncovered, makeup, tattoos, divorce, and so on, but those are all okay because the Bible is a living document.

You're probably right that conservative judges do the same. I probably don't notice it because it isn't called to my attention. We don't tend to notice our weeds spreading into the neighbors yard, only the opposite. That leaves me with the less pure but still legitimate point that I would prefer judges that best represent my worldview.

As for what you call the BS within the Christian right: The simple minded have simple answers and see things as black and white . As we grow and learn we discover the complexity of things, that one size doesn't fit all and our simple pat answers don't necessarily apply in situations we're not familiar with. I could defend church doctrine, explain how Christ fulfilled the law and point by point offer solid explanations for many of the issues you cited but I don't think that was your dominant concern. I think the real point of contention is who has the job of interpreting the rules and who has the job of amending them and how we make the distinction between the two.

If Congress disagrees with a court ruling, it is their duty to pass laws to correct the perceived deficiency.  I'd purple disagree, it is their duty to let their representative know and, of necessary, begin the process to add amendments. The court is there to interpret the Constitution.  That does not mean I agree with all their rulings, but I do not see them as activists.

Isn't that a bit like putting the cart before the horse? Something is wrong, interpret (stretch, change) the law to better work, then have Congress draft a new law that nullifies the one the Court issued; a lengthy process.  Wouldn't it be better to refer the case to Congress to deal with?I can see the temptation the court has to try to quickly fix what's broken but I think they occasionallyoverstep their authority. What ever happened to the balance of power?

And how can you be so concerned about the Supreme Court when Trump had actively started that he wants to abridge and trample our Constitutional rights, starting with the First Amendment.

It's simple. Trump speaks in almost constant hyperbole. As a person who has a love for words, I am constantly offended by his language. I think I heard it put best by Farid Zacharias when he said that Trump isn't a liar, he's a bull****er. We learn that it's necessary to reinterpret most of what he says but it's not too difficult because what he says is so implausible we can't take it for face value. For example, "We're building a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it." means " We are going to take the unlawful immigration problem seriously". I know, it is unthinkable that he made it this far, but as bad as he is I still think the alternative is worse.

I'm not deluding myself. I do have a strong suspicion that Trump is focused primarily on himself. We do have to justify our positions and mine is that as bad a choice Trump is I think Clinton is a worse choice. Clinton is a much more skilled politician and that has both disadvantage and merit attached to it. I don't think either has demonstrated a standard of ethics worthy of the office. I more closely align myself to the positions Trump states. I question whether he will stick with them but I fear Clinton sticking to hers.

For years, both sides have been bickering, fighting, name-calling and accusing the other side of atrocities that a mirror would reveal in themselves. Trump and Clinton are the bastard offsprings of their illicit affair and now it's our unpleasant task to raise one of them. I admit that I'm voting for Trump mainly because he's not Clinton and am saddened by that.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 10:26:28 »
Trump seems to be that he is not Clinton and we would be worse off under Clinton.

good enough.  also, she cannot be trusted

You trust Trump?  Other than to do what's best for Trump?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 10:27:55 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:44:59 by alienman82 »