Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 859911 times)

Offline Zanduby

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #3150 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 11:09:17 »
I've been using my M65-A for about a month now, and today, it seems something went wonky with the pcb underglow. I've only got one green led on, and am unable to update the colors/flow via bootmapper client.  The keyboard is still functional/programmable via bootmapper, just the underglow settings seem shot

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

I shocked mine (static) and it fried the LEDs, i would guess something like that happened to you as well. Or could just need a bit more solder... i dunno.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3151 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 11:17:02 »
I've been using my M65-A for about a month now, and today, it seems something went wonky with the pcb underglow. I've only got one green led on, and am unable to update the colors/flow via bootmapper client.  The keyboard is still functional/programmable via bootmapper, just the underglow settings seem shot

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

I shocked mine (static) and it fried the LEDs, i would guess something like that happened to you as well. Or could just need a bit more solder... i dunno.

hmm I wonder if that happened - were you handling the pcb directly when you shocked it?  or did it carry from the body?

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #3152 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 11:18:22 »

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

hmm I wonder if that happened - were you handling the pcb directly when you shocked it?  or did it carry from the body?

No, it happened at work after touching the case. Rest of the PCB works just fine, just not the SMDs.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3153 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 11:55:47 »

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

No, it happened at work after touching the case. Rest of the PCB works just fine, just not the SMDs.

Well that sucks! Did you replace the smds?

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #3154 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 12:29:58 »

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

No, but i did get my hands on another PCB with working LEDs that i'm working on switching over to.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3155 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 12:34:57 »

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

No, but i did get my hands on another PCB with working LEDs that i'm working on switching over to.

which pcb? 

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #3156 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 12:36:28 »

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

which pcb?
Another m65 one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3157 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 12:47:25 »

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

which pcb?
Another m65 one

Oh shoot.  From jchan? Or somewhere else? 

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #3158 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 12:47:56 »

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

which pcb?
Another m65 one

Oh shoot.  From jchan? Or somewhere else?
Second hand from someone who had an extra.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3159 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 14:27:27 »
That’s good that you’re getting it fixed.  I’m pretty sure there are extra parts in Cali, but we’ll just have to wait until this is all said and done. 

Offline MojoBandit

« Reply #3160 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 16:26:15 »
I just received mine and I got 2 PCBs with it...

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
« Reply #3161 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 23:40:55 »
The sentraq one fits (with only a little shaving) if you guys need one
(Make sure to fix the stock firmware, though.  They put Enter on the wrong column)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3162 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 11:25:03 »
Mod Note: Some posts removed. 
Reminder: all the direct person-to-person sales are to be done in the Classifieds section, accompanied with appropriate details such as listed prices, photographs of the goods, etc.

Also if you got an extra you didn't pay for, it far more considerate to check with the GB organizer before immediately trying to make even more money on something you did not pay for.  It could mean that someone else will now be an item short.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline nerium

« Reply #3163 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 11:36:22 »
Has anyone heard back from jchan recently? It's now been over a week since I asked for an update.
RAMA M60-A Mist w/ BOX Royals | RAMA M65-A Mist (unbuilt) | HHKB Pro 2 | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | CM Novatouch | Poker II w/ MX Clears | Pok3r w/ MX Blues | SA Godspeed | SA Industrial | SA Ice Caps | SA Modern Selectric | DSA Dolch | GMK 3Run | Hidden Labs Thermochromic | Hot Keys Project Neon Green + Neon Orange

Offline Madēo

« Reply #3164 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 12:21:02 »
Has anyone heard back from jchan recently? It's now been over a week since I asked for an update.

Nope... the silent treatment continues.................................

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #3165 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 13:15:26 »

Just got an email blast from him today about his BKE Domes, so he's definitely around. Seems like he's ignoring this post.

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #3166 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 16:50:38 »

Just got an email blast from him today about his BKE Domes, so he's definitely around. Seems like he's ignoring this post.

Between the constant attention he gives to other options and the long stretches of silence here, every day just makes me believe more and more that any news we finally get will be bad news.

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #3167 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:30:32 »
FYI another round just got tracking.

They're still going out.

Offline Quackles

« Reply #3168 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:37:36 »
I just got a reply to my emails. So hopefully this is back on track and everyone gets their keyboards!

Offline Feivis

« Reply #3169 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:57:26 »

They're still going out.

I got tracking info on 5 Jan. and it still shows "PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS, USPS AWAITING ITEM" today. That means USPS still not yet collect the item?

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #3170 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 20:02:00 »
Of the few things I've sent on mechmarket, when you use PayPal (and I'm assuming whatever Joe is using) to generate a label, it automatically sends an email to the recipient. So that would be independent of pickup.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #3171 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 20:29:49 »
Got tracking, label has been made  :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #3172 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 21:04:30 »

They're still going out.

Oh nice! Glad to see there's at least some kind of activity! We're almost done, so close to closing this GB...

Offline purrito

• mmm...spicy
« Reply #3173 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 23:07:59 »
Got a tracking number. Mild hype??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GMK Carbon Zealios B.mini | Matias QC Let's Split | Overcast DSA Zealios Planck | DangerZone MX Red Pok3r

Offline Sarillexis

« Reply #3174 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 08:25:33 »
Hey Canucks, how long did your M65 sit in customs?  I just passed the 7-day mark.  USPS shows it hitting customs on the 12th, but Canada Post has nothing.

Offline blackginger

« Reply #3175 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 09:29:14 »
Hey Canucks, how long did your M65 sit in customs?  I just passed the 7-day mark.  USPS shows it hitting customs on the 12th, but Canada Post has nothing.

Mine was stuck in customs for 8 business days, ~10 days total. Received it 3 days after it cleared customs. I am located in the GTA

Offline Valaris

« Reply #3176 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 09:34:47 »

Mine took almost 2 full weeks.

Offline Sarillexis

« Reply #3177 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 10:35:08 »
Holy ****, nevermind, it literally arrived half an hour ago.  And, didn't get charged a penny by customs.   ;D

Offline Valaris

« Reply #3178 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 13:05:52 »
Holy ****, nevermind, it literally arrived half an hour ago.  And, didn't get charged a penny by customs.   ;D

Christ, you got lucky, I got charged $80 in customs.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #3179 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 16:59:00 »

Does the customs charge just depend on who's working that day or something?!  :confused:
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #3180 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 23:08:32 »

Does the customs charge just depend on who's working that day or something?!  :confused:

Basically, yes. I order from Asos.com and half of my orders come in with no customs, the other half I have a bill with customs totalling 60-70% of the total value of the package. Its infuriating.

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #3181 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 11:47:02 »

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

Go into bootmapper client, and then to the Options page where you can configure the LEDs. Make sure you have the # of LEDs correctly set to 16... if that doesn't work, then I'd assume it's a hardware problem

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3182 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 12:18:39 »

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

Go into bootmapper client, and then to the Options page where you can configure the LEDs. Make sure you have the # of LEDs correctly set to 16... if that doesn't work, then I'd assume it's a hardware problem

It's set correctly

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #3183 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 19:56:51 »
Oy vey, updated my shipping address back in June and yet my board was shipped to the wrong address  :-X
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #3184 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 20:00:14 »
Shipping updated the day after the tracking was generated, due in FL on the 25th (label 18th, shipped 19th).

Offline Valaris

« Reply #3185 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 07:07:58 »
Just in case but if someone has a space grey aluminum bottom and wants to trade it for a nylon one let me know.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #3186 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 03:26:37 »
Got mine today! Looks good, except got dinged $50 by customs :(
98 euros here :p

~47$ for swiss custom fees. Got it on Saturday, gonna build it this week. Using Silent black for sure, but don't know if split space or no...

Offline nerium

« Reply #3187 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 09:20:12 »
Please cancel my orders and issue a full refund. M65-A-319 and QMK-081. I've sent an email to support@keyclack.com requesting the same. I just can't wait any longer. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting on their boards. I hope everything comes through smoothly and without issue :thumb:

EDIT: Recieved my tracking! Thanks to all who expressed interest in buying my spot but I will be keeping my order after all.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 January 2018, 19:03:23 by nerium »
RAMA M60-A Mist w/ BOX Royals | RAMA M65-A Mist (unbuilt) | HHKB Pro 2 | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | CM Novatouch | Poker II w/ MX Clears | Pok3r w/ MX Blues | SA Godspeed | SA Industrial | SA Ice Caps | SA Modern Selectric | DSA Dolch | GMK 3Run | Hidden Labs Thermochromic | Hot Keys Project Neon Green + Neon Orange

Offline naut

• Aerospace Engineer
« Reply #3188 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 17:59:27 »
Tracking received!!!!!! I'm ready for this. ;D

Offline purrito

• mmm...spicy
« Reply #3189 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 21:44:37 »
I just got mine...and no PCB. The nightmare doesn't end.
GMK Carbon Zealios B.mini | Matias QC Let's Split | Overcast DSA Zealios Planck | DangerZone MX Red Pok3r

Offline Kavik

« Reply #3190 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 23:57:40 »

Maybe MojoBandit got yours....   :blank:
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline msilvv

« Reply #3191 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 19:03:16 »
Finally shipped!

My post-finals present to myself last year is gonna end up arrive post-finals this year!! This is it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline purrito

• mmm...spicy
« Reply #3192 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:27:22 »

Probably :rolleyes:

To be fair, jchan has been very responsive and a new PCB is already on it's way. Hopefully that's the last of my drama and I can finally enjoy this beautiful board!

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #3193 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 09:23:49 »
I got fed up of waiting and decided to cancel the order, and jchan cancelled it and refunded 100% my Paypal. Great response.
For you to know it was grey and brass plate, polycarbonate and also silver bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline Madēo

« Reply #3194 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 15:20:53 »
Yet I have sent 5 email and no response... Still waiting on M65 + Grand Budapest.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #3195 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 09:00:48 »

« Last Edit: Thu, 25 January 2018, 09:03:34 by dohmain »

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #3196 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 09:31:07 »

To be fair, jchan has been very responsive and a new PCB is already on it's way. Hopefully that's the last of my drama and I can finally enjoy this beautiful board!
lol responsive

Offline Madēo

« Reply #3197 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 11:47:22 »

lol responsive

If only jchan could deliver m65s like you deliver jokes, we'd all be satisfied.

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #3198 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 12:19:38 »

Well it looks like I've got some clarification on these delays.

Hi,

If you're getting this email, you ordered either a Blue or Silver M65.

Unfortunately, after 3 attempts to trying to get these properly finished, I'm unable to provide the proper color.

A few units are coming in today, and if the units are good, your M65 will be dispatched.

In the case that it is not good, the only alternatives I have are:

Change color to Space Gray or Matte Black, or Rose Gold / Champagne
Refund your order in full.
Let me know which you'd prefer in the likelihood that your M65 color cannot be provided.

After waiting over a year to build an entirely Hydro based build with cables and keyset and switches, this was the kind of bad news I was dreading. I feel like I've had the rug pulled out from under me and even though I have the choice of an alternative color or refund, it's really disheartening to see that all my anticipation and hype might ultimately be for something I don't want or planned to have. I'm really disappointed now and just straight bummed out about it...

« Reply #3199 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 12:37:33 »
Now I'm just confused, I received my board two weeks ago and it's silver and has no anodizing problems and I'm almost positive I've seen hydro boards on here. I guess that the anodizing on those two colors is much more inconsistent and some of us got lucky?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk