Author Topic: So yeah like, um, hi. :v  (Read 2206 times)

Offline MinaDarsh

So yeah like, um, hi. :v
« on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 06:55:20 »
Greetings, got an interest in not just mechies but also custom mechies, so figured I'd sign up here to ask and share results, mostly asking people's shirt off I guess. :>

So who is this person ye readin' about? Well, I'm a dude from the Netherlands, living on my own while hobbying through my free time with tech and gaming, but also wish to get more creative with tech which keyboards lend themselves to really well.

Started with a CM Storm Rapid-i, the new revision, of which the keycaps have been replaced with double-shot ABS ones from Tai-Hoa. Second keyboard is a Model M that a friend gifted me.

"I uh... Do love pink and purple... A lot..."

Offline Gouty

Re: So yeah like, um, hi. :v
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 08:08:56 »
Sounds like the same progression as me, my first MX board was a QFR-i with Tai Hao Dolch, and my second was a model M.  I dread to think how many have passed through my hands since then.  It is a slippery slope.

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 21:55:14 »
Dem colors

Offline Konjungamo

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 20:11:52 »
Hey hey, might as well tell you my story on here:

I got into mechs in 2014, heard that they are "beyond rubberdomes" so I ordered a CHERRY MX-Board 3.0, which was my start into the world of mechanical keyboards. I actually kept this board until the end of 2016 but got an Ajazz AK33-RGB for christmas that year, so that was my next stop.

Then, I discovered /r/mechanicalkeyboards ...

From then on it was just a steady downfall, acquired my first Anne Pro, after that I got some custom caps from Aliexpress, right now I have an YMD96 on the way, all the parts for an ortholinear AEKII right here (except for the case, which is going to be 3D-printed), my Tex Yoda II will hopefully arrive in October and I've got some Nautilus keycaps on the way (pls join if you haven't already, it's sooooo worth it!).

So yeah, /r/mk is a terrible addiction but I couldn't be more happy, the community is great and I'll be going to my first meetup in October!
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 August 2017, 13:23:08 by Konjungamo »

Offline MinaDarsh

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 07:10:39 »
Sounds like the same progression as me, my first MX board was a QFR-i with Tai Hao Dolch, and my second was a model M.  I dread to think how many have passed through my hands since then.  It is a slippery slope.
Oooh, very similar!  ;D The QFR-i is pretty lovely from what I saw compared to other keyboards, even though it has a plastic housing, the thick steel plate in it makes really heavy and durable. (I was surprised at how thick the steel was when I opened it up.)

Dem colors
Just gotta type fabulously!

Hey hey, might as well tell you my story on here:

I got into mechs in 2014, heard that they are "beyond rubberdomes" so I ordered a CHERRY MX-Board 3.0, which was my start into the world of mechanical keyboards. I actually kept this board until the end of 2016 but got an Ajazz AK33-RGB for christmas that year, so that was my next stop.

Then, I discovered /r/mechanicalkeyboards ...

From then on it was just a steady downfall, acquired my first Anne Pro, after that I got some custom caps from Aliexpress, right now I have an YMD96 on the way, all the parts for an ortholinear AEKII right here (except for the case, which is going to be 3D-printed), my Tex Yoda II will hopefully arrive in October, I found a vintage Cherry Board in the trash and got some Nautilus keycaps on the way (pls join if you haven't already, it's sooooo worth it!).

So yeah, /r/mk is a terrible addiction but I couldn't be more happy, the community is great and I'll be going to my first meetup in October!
Oof, I still have so much on my wishlist, want a Planck, or MiniVan (if they ever get back on Massdrop...), got many Switches on the way too, also want to build a GH60 based keyboard with white casing... (Which sadly will be plastic since powder coating isn't done anywhere except for that one really pricey keyboard case maker...) This hobby is good at killing my wallet. :D