Author Topic: I think I may have a problem  (Read 1863 times)

Offline mike-y

I think I may have a problem
« on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 16:21:04 »
I've been into this "hobby" for a little less than 2 years now.  It just started as one single keyboard to replace the old wireless dell keyboard I had at work.  My co-worker had a 60% keyboard of some flavor and it felt pretty nice to type on.  So I went shopping and ended up with a full size keyboard with gateron brown switches.  Then I got a small majicforce keyboard for home.  then I swapped that out for something different.  Then I decided I'd try to build my own keyboard.  started off small with the JD45, but now I want to change the switches in that. 

Then I started buying kits and assembling them myself.  Nearly all my current keyboards are kits that I built, and now I want to design my own, lol.  Anyway, here is most of the collection, but not shown are a RedScarf RS96 that I use at work, a majicforce-68, a glorious modular keyboard that I used as a test-bed to try all kinds of different switches and switch combinations, and a topre realforce (45g) keyboard that my wife "claimed" after she used my computer for a couple of days when hers was broken.  I might have one or two cheap boards in the closet, I'll need to check.

I love building keyboards, but I'm running out of room.  I think I might need to get rid of a few to make room for some new projects.  but I keep finding reasons why I want to keep them.  :))180221-0