Author Topic: Lurker in the shadows  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Darth_Chris

Lurker in the shadows
« on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 19:58:18 »
Hello all,

So I have been aware of Geekhack for about 5 years now, and have popped in and out to research stuff. Well I decided to finally join the club. After a few months of research I decided to buy a Leopold FC980C as my first real keyboard. I have had no experience whatsoever with mechs the only keyboard I ever owned was a Steelseries 6GV2 that I got in 2009. It was quite a large investment to purchase a keyboard with a switch and layout I was unfamiliar with. But I am happy to say that its been almost 2 months since I got my Topre and couldent be happier. Although I am still not quite use to the 1800 layout.

Anywho happily along I typed for a 2 weeks until I stumbled across a GMK group buy that I really liked. Alas, my board was Topre and not Cherry. Since I decided to impulse buy the GMK keyset now the quest to find a worthy cherry board begun. After much consulting and looking around on Mech Market I found the perfect match. The Tank V2/P1. I was on the fence about a TKL. I really liked my numbers pad but most customs are all small form factor. Although not much was known about the Tank, the fact that I could combine the TKL and Num pad to a full sized board, or split the two separate was the main reason I went with it. The switches I decided on the new Kaihl Box Whites as I liked the idea of the click bar design. To finish the board off I commissioned a custom artisan, a cherry on top.

Thats my brief biography on my mechanical keyboard, this has been an interesting 3 months. I am actually quite introverted so I dont social media much, besides looking at the Facebook classfields. Well back to my dark corner I go.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 October 2017, 20:10:17 by Darth_Chris »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: Lurker in the shadows
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 15:36:55 »
Very cool, and welcome! 

I too like my numbers on a number pad.  And I was intrigued by what you posted about a tlk that can be combined or separated with a numberpad.  I never thought about doing that.  Now I have to find a good numberpad...