Author Topic: Hello geekhack  (Read 1633 times)

Offline enchong

Hello geekhack
« on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 09:56:56 »
Hi everyone! Not exactly a keyboard geek but one who always use a keyboard. I work in front of a computer 8 hours a day and I think giving attention to the keyboard I'm using will benefit me.

I used to have an IBM PC with the Model M back in the 90's  but I didn't appreciate that until now when I realized that the stock keyboard I have for my PC is not that good. And I recently discovered the world of mechanical keyboard. Didn't know there's such a thing until now.

Right now I'm using my Model M at home and I bought a RF TKL variable that I'm using at work. I don't want to disturb my co workers with my Model M. I like the feel of the RealForce but I like the Model M better. Looking forward to get a TKL Model M and I 'm hoping I'm not too late for this. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92113.0

I still haven't tried other switches, I'm watching youtube reviews. Based on most of the people's opinion and based on what I watched in youtube. I feel like topre is more superior and fits my needs. Let's wait until I try some other switches. I really like the "thock" of the topre switches.

I'm also a hobby photographer. Before giving too much attention on keyboards I spent most of my free time in photography, until I got married and had kids, now all I can take a re pictures of are my kids, no more outdoor landscape escapade and photography seminars. And I think keyboard is a hobby that I can do even if I'm just at home with my kids.

Looking forward to know a lot of people in this forum as I did in my photography forum. I made a lot of friends and had fun GASing up. I guess Gear Acquisition Syndrome is in every hobby!

By the way, how do you put all those cute keyboard icons on the signature on every post? I like it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:49:37 by enchong »

Offline AMongoose

• happy workman user
Re: Hello geekhack
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 12:30:47 »
Welcome!

You can find keyboard pixel art things here.