Author Topic: Heyya! (NYC, Designing sandwich case for XD75RE, need a board to test with)  (Read 1705 times)

Offline spacewolf

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking for the past couple months as I've tried to figure out what route i wanna go for my next keyboard.

I've been using  a Cherry MX-Board 3.0 w/ Reds in it for the last 3 years, but the USB connection started dying on me.

So I bought a Glorious PC Gaming Race Modular 104key keyboard on the Black Friday sale, cause seriously. Hotswapping, RGB addressable, compact frame all for under $80, swoooon.

BUT OF COURSE, as soon as I submit the order I start spending hours looking for keycaps, and that leads me down a rabbit hole for a couple days that ends up with me pondering the XD75RE.... SERIOUSLYYYYY PONDERING. Of course right now I'm barely employed and somewhat homeless, so buying more keyboards is a BAD idea. BUT OH HOW I WANT TO.

That said, I've spent the last 12+ hours designing a 5 layer acrylic sandwich case for it. I'm currently trying to source the cheapest place to prototype it. But that'll be pointless if i cant get my hands on the board itself.

SO if anyone in NYC has a XD75RE they can lend out for a couple weeks, i'll be SUPER thankful.

ANYWAY! I should probably sleep. I've been staring at the monitor for literally 18 hours now.

Nice to meet all of you!

183046-0

EDIT: Oh! and let me know if this interests anyone as well.... cause i'd love my time to benefit more than just me.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 November 2017, 06:03:13 by spacewolf »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: Heyya! (NYC, Designing sandwich case for XD75RE, need a board to test with)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 09:50:34 »
Wow!  Be careful about the keyboard habit or you may become fully homeless.  :eek:

No seriously, take care of the basics first.  Sounds like you already know a tremendous amount about keyboards, so that knowledge won't leave you.  Just put the passion on the shelf for a bit, take care of the basics, and then go back the shelf when you have time--the kb enthusiast scene isn't going to die anytime soon.  :thumb: