Author Topic: Why is this key set $199?  (Read 12091 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Why is this key set $199?
« on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 00:57:11 »
[PREORDER] GMK LEDZEP (The Key Co.)

Could someone explain to me what's so special about this key set that people would be willing to pay $199 for it?

And even if it were special (what, the colors?), isn't that just a wee bit greedy? I mean, assuming it's not made from plutonium or something, how could any key set possibly cost so much to produce that it justified being marked up to this sort of price?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Why is this key set $199?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 01:02:11 »
kit is large and has many novelties

and the euro was particularly strong when it ran

i agree that's a LOT though
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 02:11:24 »
Still better than $1000 for a single uninteresting Topre keycap in a mildly nauseating colour :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 03:23:36 »
Supply and Demand when the set ran it was like 139.99 and there was a infinite number of sets to be had. Now that supply is finite they can charge more. I mean look at what some people pay for keysets on Mech Market.. 199 is a bargain compared to some of those. I wouldn't personally pay 199 for a set thought but sure others would.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 08:24:39 »
GMK key sets are generally $150 and up. It's too expensive for me, but a lot of folks seem not to have a problem with it.

The most expensive key set I've purchased is /dev/tty. It was worth it to me because it's a brand new and exciting spherical profile, by a community member, and made of PBT with dyesub legends.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 02:07:21 »
As above.

Most GMK sets come with (used to come with??) the basic ANSI full size layout and maybe half a dozen extras (1.5x Ctrl etc.).

This set allegedly covers ANSI, US-ISO, Winkeyless, 1800, 65%/75%/96-key, FC660, Minivan, JD40/45, Planck/Preonic, Minorca, HHKB, Atreus/62, and more.

That's a heck of a lot of extra keycaps that GMK wouldn't even have considered making a few years ago.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 13:43:09 »
As above.

Most GMK sets come with (used to come with??) the basic ANSI full size layout and maybe half a dozen extras (1.5x Ctrl etc.).

This set allegedly covers ANSI, US-ISO, Winkeyless, 1800, 65%/75%/96-key, FC660, Minivan, JD40/45, Planck/Preonic, Minorca, HHKB, Atreus/62, and more.

That's a heck of a lot of extra keycaps that GMK wouldn't even have considered making a few years ago.

GMK's extra compat stuff is actually a lot cheaper than i thought it would be, at least compared to SP

Still better than $1000 for a single uninteresting Topre keycap in a mildly nauseating colour :p .

tru
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 16:41:06 »
As above.

GMK's extra compat stuff is actually a lot cheaper than i thought it would be, at least compared to SP

Maybe they found that the enthusiast market is larger than they thought, and making a few small concessions on new keycap designs reaps great reward$.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 23:46:02 »
As above.

Maybe they found that the enthusiast market is larger than they thought, and making a few small concessions on new keycap designs reaps great reward$.

From what I've heard, GMKs ratio of enthusiast sales vs POS sales is also a bit more in favor of enthusiasts, largely because of massdrop. They also just have more raw tooling (consider how much tooling cherry had at the height of their production), which helps as well.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 04:07:23 »
As above.

From what I've heard, GMKs ratio of enthusiast sales vs POS sales is also a bit more in favor of enthusiasts, largely because of massdrop. They also just have more raw tooling (consider how much tooling cherry had at the height of their production), which helps as well.

Oh yeah, I forgot Massdrop.  They would be promoting a lot of GMK sales.  With a large number of participants.

Plus at least 1/4 of the IC/GB threads here seem to be GMK these days.

And don't forget that not that long ago a single GMK red Esc key would have sold for $250.  That makes a whole set for $199 seem like a bargain!

Offline haulannie

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 09:53:46 »
$250 for one key?   :-\

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 11:06:19 »
$250 for one key?   :-\
Thats honestly nothing... seen artisan sale for over 1k.. for a single key 1,000 dollar's thats not a typo ... I was like  :eek:

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 14:19:47 »
Supply and Demand when the set ran it was like 139.99 and there was a infinite number of sets to be had. Now that supply is finite they can charge more. I mean look at what some people pay for keysets on Mech Market.. 199 is a bargain compared to some of those. I wouldn't personally pay 199 for a set thought but sure others would.

Led Zep was 169.99 during GB. So this is only $30 markup. That's really not that bad. If they weren't making profit then they wouldn't buy extra sets. So I don't think its really that unreasonable.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 14:53:37 »
I'd pay a premium for how dedicated these guys are to getting it done quickly and well tbh. I will say that prices have been creeping up... I'm not really against it because I want there to be incentive for GB runners to come up with new ideas and provide more variety. I don't pity people who run GB's, but it's worth noting that they expose themselves to ungodly amounts of **** talk.

Personally, I deal with increased prices by being selective in what I buy and not trying to own everything, this is an issue for a lot of people in this hobby.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 15:14:33 »
GMK sets have been sold for less even with multiple layout coverage, without need to be best sellers at MD. Therefore, the only way to explain the pricing of this one is the vendor's profit plus a premium to cover inventory costs (stocking-fee), because it is not a group buy set, but it will be in stock, eventually. Personally, I really do not see why a set should be this overpriced; while, some great sets have been reasonable priced; for example, DSA Skull Squad was under one hundred dollars and it was a unique and innovative set.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 15:24:59 »
GMK sets have been sold for less even with multiple layout coverage, without need to be best sellers at MD. Therefore, the only way to explain the pricing of this one is the vendor's profit plus a premium to cover inventory costs (stocking-fee), because it is not a group buy set, but it will be in stock, eventually. Personally, I really do not see why a set should be this overpriced; while, some great sets have been reasonable priced; for example, DSA Skull Squad was under one hundred dollars and it was a unique and innovative set.

I mean, you can have multiple layout coverage but not offer as much coverage as this set and thus be cheaper... Skidata+ might be an older set that also provided a lot of coverage. I really don't think comparing a 4 year old SP GB with this is fair or worthwhile.

This was a GB set btw, they must have bought extra. As to why this set costs $199, I'd say prices for GMK sets have increased in general, this set offers a lot of compatibility, the people running this GB are attempting to run a business and thus are seeking a profit, and they are charging a premium for not getting in on the GB. Am I saying this set is cheap? No. Are they making a profit? Yes. Do I care? No, I appreciate people's efforts enough that I want them to make a profit. I really don't think we are buying them a Mercedes with this keyset.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 15:25:32 »
It was a group buy. This is the leftover where the vendor paid for the rest of the sets to get to MOQ. He's just recouping his costs/risk by selling at 'aftermarket' prices you might find on r/mm.

the set that makes me wonder wtf happened with pricing was the Mondrian set... its just blanks.  :eek:
-Dana

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 15:28:54 »
It was a group buy. This is the leftover where the vendor paid for the rest of the sets to get to MOQ. He's just recouping his costs/risk by selling at 'aftermarket' prices you might find on r/mm.

the set that makes me wonder wtf happened with pricing was the Mondrian set... its just blanks.  :eek:

I just commented then remembered that it didn't hit MOQ and they probably need to recoup costs from pushing it through. Was Mondrian GMK?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 15:31:30 »
Business logic is very simple, anyone has the right to make a profit from the work and the time invested. Also, buyers should decide if the product worth it. ; however the OP's question asked for an explanation why this set is at this price, and I think there is no mystery there: Profit share. I think we are not discussing if it is fair or not, neither if we are willing to pay for it or not. Or maybe we are. :))
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 January 2018, 15:34:34 by ideus »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 15:35:36 »

I just commented then remembered that it didn't hit MOQ and they probably need to recoup costs from pushing it through. Was Mondrian GMK?

ya, mondrian was GMK

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 23:42:09 »
Doesnt take much... the first week they ship out and people start posting their keyboards, people will flock to pay a premium and grab a set.
-Dana

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 12:20:57 »
Yeah I agree with what everyone said on top of it GMK set price have definitely went up.

Back then I paid $95 for the Olivetti set (bought off originative) and at the time it's already the most expensive keycap around, nowadays it would be a steal to pay $95 for GMK.

I guess it's just the way things are price always go up.

Remember the time QuickFire Rapid was $60, nowadays where do you find Costar made boards for that price lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 12:31:02 »
Yeah I agree with what everyone said on top of it GMK set price have definitely went up.

Back then I paid $95 for the Olivetti set (bought off originative) and at the time it's already the most expensive keycap around, nowadays it would be a steal to pay $95 for GMK.

Remember the time QuickFire Rapid was $60, nowadays where do you find Costar made boards for that price lol.

what a throwback, i think i got both those things for exactly those prices

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 14:18:38 »
I still don't get it why GMK is that expensive it's ABS :l not PBT.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 14:26:26 »

I love that people still believe PBT is always higher quality than ABS
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 15:00:43 »
PBT are less expensive than a good thick double-shot ABS cap. I personally like the ABS caps from GMK better than just about anything else out there but thats just my preference for a softer more quiet cap.
-Dana

Offline zslane

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 15:33:58 »
PBT has the reputation for durability over ABS, that's all. Some folks really hate shiny keycaps...  :rolleyes:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 15:45:40 »

Rookie?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 22:21:05 »
PBT has the reputation for durability over ABS, that's all. Some folks really hate shiny keycaps...  :rolleyes:

yeah i suppose thats true. I love shiny caps. Clean, but glass smooth.
-Dana

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 22:46:36 »

Technically it is, but in this application it doesn't matter and I like shiny ABS more anyway

gimme dat smooth

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 22:48:49 »

yeah i suppose thats true. I love shiny caps. Clean, but glass smooth.
**shudder**

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 11:17:53 »

Rookie?

I mean if the price of a key set is 199 dollar you would expect it to be made from the best material that is available IMO .
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 12:53:41 »

Rookie?

I mean if the price of a key set is 199 dollar you would expect it to be made from the best material that is available IMO .

but pbt vs abs is subjective, they both have pros and cons

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 12:59:06 »

Rookie?

Again, it was a rookie comment. No need to rehearse in one of the most repeated discussions at GH. I'd say leave it alone.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:08:03 »

Rookie?

Again, it was a rookie comment. No need to rehearse in one of the most repeated discussions at GH. I'd say leave it alone.

fair, i'll leave it alone

eventually some third plastic will come along and we'll all agree

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:11:28 »

Rookie?

What about Otaku carbon fiber composite key caps?  :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:14:12 »

Rookie?

What about Otaku carbon fiber composite key caps?  :p

soontm

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 15:42:36 »

Rookie?

I am sorry i am not a keyboard guru. I rather have no shine on my keycaps and by feeling i think they are both fine but i hate when key caps are beginning to shine since it's not going to be even on every cap. And i think you didn't see the word In my opinion i will make it clearer by making it 5x bigger so you can read it the next time.
current
Coming soon

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 16:34:05 »

Rookie?

I am sorry i am not a keyboard guru. I rather have no shine on my keycaps and by feeling i think they are both fine but i hate when key caps are beginning to shine since it's not going to be even on every cap. And i think you didn't see the word In my opinion i will make it clearer by making it 5x bigger so you can read it the next time.

There is no need to overemphasize a comment using larger fonts, actually, we rarely see postings using bigger fonts for the sake of communication, instead, better elaborated comments make more sense. Your point on shine is understandable and it explains why do you prefer PBT; however, it does not mean that it is any better than ABS, just based on material alone. As has been pointed already, PBT or ABS for keycaps  is more a matter of personal preference. The advantages of each material, along with other important factors like profile and thickness have been extensively discussed at GH and at other keyboard aficionado sites. That explains why people do not want to engage in such conversations, one more time. Regarding pricing, you may find even PBT double shots for far less than $199; but, the quality of those key caps is sub par, when compare with GMK or OG Cherry key caps. However, it is not the material alone what explains how expensive this particular set is, that has to do with vendor's commercial approach and other economic factors. Personally, I have never paid so much money for a key set, while I have some very nice examples of OG Cherry and GMK made key cap sets.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 19:39:15 »

Rookie?

Is IMO a new type of plastic? ;)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 18:56:53 »

Rookie?

Is IMO a new type of plastic? ;)

:))

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 00:16:02 »
It's not like ABS, PBT and POM are the only materials keycaps have been made out of anyway :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 01:53:11 »
It's not like ABS, PBT and POM are the only materials keycaps have been made out of anyway :p .

yeah but PPS is an enormous piece of ****

read more here: http://www.rantopad.co.kr/board/view.php?&bdId=notice&sno=13

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 15:08:20 »

I was able to keep GMK Stormtrooper around $100 with pretty decent coverage.  I did not even break even on the cost, but that was my first group buy.  I'm hoping to do a 65% set with full compatibility for minis (40%, ortho, etc) for under $100.  Some people make money off their buys, but that's never been my motivator, personally.

Offline sHOTTA

• <3
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 14:37:54 »
Honestly... it's kinda ugly ... to each it's own
Looking for : Jelly Key USA Flag. Shoot me  PM<3