Author Topic: Hello wonderful people of Geekhack! Please allow me to introduce myself  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Generic_Green_Squid

I decided to create an account here to see what's up! I mainly visit Deskthority (and reddit, but not as often as I used to), but you know, why NOT join here? I've been in the community for over a year now, and I've learned a lot.
I like old keyboards better, because they are waay more in reach for my budget and needs than these modern custom keyboards with the expensive metal cases and GMK keycaps (through the flea markets and DT), and I like them better in many aspects. My main keyboard is a Dell branded Lexmark Model M from the 11th of April, 1994 (I bought it for 40 euros plus 20 euros shipping), and my mouse is a Lenovo Scrollpoint mouse ($1 at the flea market).

My future plan is to possibly get an IBM Personal Computer XT keyboard from a very very kind Deskthority user who offered to give one (a dirty one with missing keys) to me if the original person interested doesn't pay. I have never been able to afford a Model F keyboard (let alone shipping), so I will be very extatic if I can get it, because I'm looking for a smaller keyboard and I heard the F is more tactile). I'm planning to restore it, paint the plate, and get a japanese keycap set from unicomp to have a very unique F keyboard. I'm thinking of painting the plate a color I've never painted with. I'm very excited.  :thumb:

Thank you for reading my post! Do you have any thoughts about this?

Offline enrique.aliaga

Welcome green squid! I have seen you in DT and you seem very passionate about the hobby so it’s great to have you here, as well!

Best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk