Author Topic: Dat Bloomberg Supermicro Article .. Thoughts ?  (Read 2041 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Dat Bloomberg Supermicro Article .. Thoughts ?
« on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 19:05:58 »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

We don't know if the SPECIFIC case that it alludes to (Supermicro) actually occurred..  Allegations and Denials abound from the parent companies themselves,  apple amzn etc all deny that such hacks occured.

However, we know For Certain that state sponsored Hardware hacking is common place in our era..

Why WOULDN'T you do it,  you'd be silly not to..  Intel Management Engine, aka, NSA management engine..

If this article proves to be false, it was likely designed to draw our attention away from Facebook debacle, and replant the firmament of control over general-citizenry.

--Hey, we're bad, but They worse, we sell your data,  they hax ur chips that we use to steal ur data.. hahahaha--

So the real discussion is..  What comes of this..  Big brother's already quite unstoppable..

How should we Gekhakrs respond to living in a world where there is no true privacy.. ??

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Dat Bloomberg Supermicro Article .. Thoughts ?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 19:39:37 »
All your base are belong to us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 20:50:17 »
I have a good supply of fissionable blasting materials.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 11:02:44 »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

We don't know if the SPECIFIC case that it alludes to (Supermicro) actually occurred..  Allegations and Denials abound from the parent companies themselves,  apple amzn etc all deny that such hacks occured.

However, we know For Certain that state sponsored Hardware hacking is common place in our era..

Why WOULDN'T you do it,  you'd be silly not to..  Intel Management Engine, aka, NSA management engine..

If this article proves to be false, it was likely designed to draw our attention away from Facebook debacle, and replant the firmament of control over general-citizenry.

--Hey, we're bad, but They worse, we sell your data,  they hax ur chips that we use to steal ur data.. hahahaha--

So the real discussion is..  What comes of this..  Big brother's already quite unstoppable..

How should we Gekhakrs respond to living in a world where there is no true privacy.. ??

Show Image

I'm beginning to think it doesn't even matter; at this point when your name pops up on someones computer screen for using flagged speech, your individual name is synonymous with a random set of numbers.

I don't think there is anything to do; can't quite stop using many of the surveilled services. Most people aren't going to tear apart all their electronics to find these chips.

People don't even need to watch you anymore; algorithms are already at work on certain platforms do do the tedious work of sorting people. And to the machines we mean nothing.

but people will most likely interpret the algorithm's results like tea leaves in a cup. So, it's kind of the same as ever.

It's not like you didn't have nosey ass neighbors before all this anyway.

It's probably only truly problematic if you live somewhere like china. Or if we ever attach a "human being score" to anything ever.

That's not to say I agree with it; but it's inevitable that people with power will want more.

Offline JP

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 10:27:46 »
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.