Author Topic: BKE domes not actuating partway through  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Delmondo

• matias lover, toilet flusher
BKE domes not actuating partway through
« on: Fri, 12 October 2018, 23:50:19 »
really strange issue that i'm having here unless this is a confirmed side effect of the domes. does anyone else who has BKE redux domes find that you simply can't actuate midway through a keypress? i don't mean because the domes are snappy enough to force you to bottom out making it virtually impossible to hold a key mid-travel, i mean that even when i do that on my ultra lights, they do not actuate. is this a known issue?

edit: i tried swapping back one of the stock 45g domes, and they allow me to actuate mid-way through a key press.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 October 2018, 23:52:41 by Delmondo »
diet soda drinker

Offline sysfury

Re: BKE domes not actuating partway through
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 01:25:28 »
I have a few keys on my NovaTouch with BKE lights that don't actuate, unless I press really hard. I haven't gotten around to disassemble it again to see what could be wrong.

Offline Delmondo

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 17:03:06 »
I have a few keys on my NovaTouch with BKE lights that don't actuate, unless I press really hard. I haven't gotten around to disassemble it again to see what could be wrong.

this happened to a few of my keys as well. i assume i just have to re-seat them since they were working just fine before.
diet soda drinker

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 19:55:06 »
Likely that the domesprings are not perfectly aligned with the capacitive pads? BKE redux domes hold the springs slightly differently than the rounded traditional topre domes
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline Delmondo

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 23:37:11 »
Likely that the domesprings are not perfectly aligned with the capacitive pads? BKE redux domes hold the springs slightly differently than the rounded traditional topre domes

that's probably it. i'm going to readjust the domes again when i get the chance.
diet soda drinker