Author Topic: Thendu, new in the hobby  (Read 956 times)

Offline Thendu

Thendu, new in the hobby
« on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 17:13:24 »
Hi everyone,

You will here know me as Thendu.
I am frenchm but I live in Poland. Now, story time.

I bought my first ever mechanical keyboard a year and a half ago, a steelseries apex m500 with cherry mx red. It mainly was for gaming, but I started realizing how well it held up even with typing, before actually getting used to it and raging with all these mishaps. I needed more.
So, a month ago, I got myself a razer blackwidow elite, with razer green switches. My first tactiles ever. And that was it. I couldn't get this keyboard at the office so I started reading about the differents switches, and keyboards I could find for not much money, before finding myself a proper excuse: working as a Salesforce consultant, my keyboard being my main working tool, so I didn't want something cheap, with cheap knock off switches. So I dug deeper, and finally ordered an Anne Pro 2 for the office, with Kailh box white switches. I am still waiting on this one to arrive, but the need to find out more already had started growing in me.
In fact, here I am now, spending hours reading about keyboards, looking at builds, and feeding anything I can find, to be able to finally build my own custom keyboard.

Sorry for the story, but it feels good to share it with people that won't think that I'm crazy for having some kind of weird keyboard fetish :D

Cheers!