Author Topic: Full Size Keyboard Kit/Case  (Read 2773 times)

Offline samsamm777

• Superhuman Keyboards
Full Size Keyboard Kit/Case
« on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:58:38 »
Hey, Does anyone know of the existance of a white plastic or aluminium 100%(or thereabouts) keyboard? I cant find one anywhere.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: Full Size Keyboard Kit/Case
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 09:31:39 »
Your best bet is looking into 1800 kits - still get the fullsize layout but slightly more compact than a standard full-size.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline yui

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 09:41:06 »
Hey, Does anyone know of the existance of a white plastic or aluminium 100%(or thereabouts) keyboard? I cant find one anywhere.
as you are in the UK i would guess you also want ISO? if so the only keyboard available that i know of and fit most of your needs in the Ducky one 2 White edition, although it is rather expensive and not a kit and is not aluminum... 100% is for some reason quite unpopular and even frowned upon by some peoples in the community, quite annoying for peoples who like to have a bunch of keys :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 10:06:03 »
I was thinking they were wanting a Board kit over a pre-built :facepalm:

But yeah I would second the Ducky or even a Leopold since I know they make White variants as well (at least decent pre-builts).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline samsamm777

• Superhuman Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 10:25:15 »
I was looking for a case only, not a prebuilt. But thanks for the input. It can be a last resort option. I'll keep looking for a case though. Its for my gf, and shes an accountant and will NOT go without a numpad. eugh.

Offline yui

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 02:49:39 »
I was looking for a case only, not a prebuilt. But thanks for the input. It can be a last resort option. I'll keep looking for a case though. Its for my gf, and shes an accountant and will NOT go without a numpad. eugh.
I see 2 solutions to that, a separate numpad, or one of those strange layout with all keys in one block that still have a numpad, but you still did not say if you wanted iso, although if you only want the case and already got a plate and pcb it does not matter although as i always searched all 3 at once i do not know what is available in ANSI world that could work there for you.

Offline yui

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 03:52:47 »
just saw a banner for the boston, it is a longish running project but may be close to what you want : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106501.0

Offline huey

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 05:34:13 »
I'll echo the 1800 love coming from this thread. It's honestly a great layout. There are few CP/1800 customs out there.

You can search for the Melody96 on aliexpress, which I think is a decent compromise for what you're looking for.
There are a few full aluminum 100% cases on taobao, if you can find them. I'm nowhere near qualified to tell you how to navigate or buy from there though.

Offline S61

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 23:00:51 »
the price of 100% metal keyboard is a heavy test for both the author and the buyer

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 03:15:54 »
Full size aluminum is pretty rare.
White aluminum is even more rare because you can't anodize white, it needs a surface coating (like paint) which adds thickness and screws up your tolerances.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion