Author Topic: Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!  (Read 44683 times)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!
« on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 20:33:00 »
Hey Guys!

As a lifelong Star Wars fan and in anticipation of the new movie, I made an Ewok keycap! To debut it, I figured I'd do a giveaway to get my Christmas Spirit flowing!

Rules are simple... just nerd out on Star Wars! Post artwork, fan fiction, Star Wars related memories... whatever! I only require that whatever you post is your original work.

On Monday at noon (central), I'll pick a winner and send out a keywok! :D

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:23:49 by Booper »
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:46:20 »
inb4 jokrik's literal army of Stormtroopers  :))

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:49:03 »
Holy crap these are fantastic!

Must...create....

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:49:25 »
yay giveaways! Will fill out later :)

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:51:42 »
This is beautiful work of art! Man! Does my avatar count (it's a Lego snow speeder pilot). I have to figure out something!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:53:31 »
Big star wars fan here, I don't have a "collection" or anything but I enjoy the series. Before my dad and brother passed away we used to watch the movies alot. My brother let me skip school to go see The Phantom Menace when it came out.

I'm also a Storm Trooper nerd (og storm trooper>the new one)

Couldn't find an OG helmet so had to settle

Bonus: I have the worst birthday ever
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:55:37 by tigersharkdude »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:56:51 »

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:01:23 »
Holding this spot for either a fanfic or a KOTOR related story. I'm gonna get full use out of the HHKB I got in the mail today.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:01:57 »
I really wish I had a cool story for this, but I do have a lot of memories. Star Wars is the one thing my dad and I share together. I've got a beaten up VHS set of the original trilogy sitting on the bookcase next to me, the first movies I remember watching (and ones I've seen maybe fifty times each). I've still got my CommTech Reader from when the first movie came out that I used to run around and pretend to use as a walkie talkie and talk to Qui-Gon Jinn (RIP). I'm actually wearing my "Merry Sith-mas" sweater right now. I mean seriously, less than a week until the next movie comes out.  Every May 4th (whatever weekend is closest to it), I drive home to visit my dad and we drink beer and watch the trilogy together. Truly something I've been able to bring with me from childhood, and something I'm always thankful for. Even as I get old and start my family, Star Wars is something I can go to and pretend I'm a kid again. Massive Star Wars nerd even nearly two decades after seeing the original trilogy the first time. I would leave this cap on my board and never take it off.

On a less serious note, I used to poke my sister with the duster and make Ewok noises growing up. She still loves me?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:03:27 »
My boy right here:

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Belfong

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:06:57 »
I need dis...

Imma jus leave dis right here tho
that's brilliant! The guy should get a keywok!!!

Offline harlw

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:13:15 »
uhhhh, wub, wub!
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:13:51 »
He sits there alone, his shoulders hunched as he rereads the script hes read hundreds of times. A half empty bottle of Jack Daniels on the table, a haze of smoke from the cigarettes burning in the ashtray. George Lucas stares at the script for the Phantom Menace. A single tear falls down as he remembers the cries of a million nerds scream in a rage at his work. How was he suppose to know that the fans would hate the prequels? His life work was forever tainted by this single decision to make another movie after he had made such a critically acclaimed series. Now he had been approached to make another trilogy.... Why? He takes another swig from his bottle and settles back down in his chair, eyes gazing towards the ceiling. He loved the franchise but he was too burnt from everything to continue his work, the task was too great to make another trilogy that would satisfy the fans. Lucas's eyes dart down towards the script as he lights another Dunhill cigarette, the sweet taste of it calming his nerves. He glances over at his collection of awards as he sighs, realizing the folly of his ways. There's no way out.

Suddenly his phone rings, he looks down at the screen. Its a blocked number.

TO BE CONTINUED

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:16:35 by Hexterdude »

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:19:07 »
Wow, so much I could share, from my childhood, to my collection of 90/2000s toy collection or all of my collector series Lego pieces. But that is not the best story or thing I have to share. I have two boys 8 and 5 and this will be their Star Wars moment. They have watched the movies, and the cartoons, they like the old movies. They don't love them. But they are genuinely excited for next week. They get to see Star Wars in the theater for the first time in their lives. (I am really hoping they want to watch the old movies again after going and seeing the new one) I get to geek out with them over this. They have been asking questions galore over the last few weeks, they are more excited about marking off the calendar for next Thursday rather before opening their Star Wars Lego Advent calendar. It's exciting. I am a happy dad.

Ok I'll share one thing. I've been holding on to this shoe box full of old Wizards movie cards. They aren't the best quality card but still fun. Yesterday after school we sat down and opened up enough packs to complete a full set of cards. The rest we will be handing out at the movie theater we go to.

Sorry for the crap pic

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:24:26 »
119629-0I went and started watching all the Star Wars movies again before the new one, (og. 3, just watched 4th) and I was watching the phantom menace two nights ago, and I realised, they really skimped on the trees in the huge battle scene, and the scenery on the over populated building planet thing's scenery changed every scene.
That's my entry I guess...

Yub Nub!
Paploo is the best!

Edit, I've always liked Lego. And Ewoks. And Lego Ewoks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:38:28 by Deductivemonkee »
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:27:02 »
Oh my god Booper, this is amazing! I remember seeing your first astronaut keycaps (and actually winning the first one  ;D) So amazed at your improvements over the months!

As for Star Wars memories...truthfully the biggest impact Star Wars had on my life was probably opening up the world of film to me. It got me into watching movies, reading about movies, learning about the film process and generally appreciating film as an art form.

Once again, great work on the caps! They look fantastic  :thumb:
All the kustom 60s

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:27:52 »
I'm not going to try for these, still feeling wayyyyy too lucky with Bowie Monkey, but these are astonishing. The detail is absolutely incredible. The winners are very lucky folks  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:30:27 »
Alright, so in my half-asleep state I thought this was all I had.

Then I remembered I have quite a bit more than that.

Luke Skywalker bent a bit out of shape.

Everybody gets along with Overlord Skywalker watching them.

My first Star Wars lego set, the Rebel Blockade Runner.

My last Star Wars Lego set, and my crowning achievement in Legos: the second Death Star (the back part looks like it's under construction).

I used to have an AT-AT (disassembled), Emperor Palpatine's ship (photo not taken), and the Imperial Star Destroyer (destroyed years ago by my younger brother).
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:40:02 by FLFisherman »

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:34:41 »
Dang, these are amazing booper! I don't have any skillz so I'll just tell you about some star wars memories. I know I'll probably get hate for loving the planet menace but I was like 9 years old when it came out and went to see it with my dad(who loved the originals). It was one of the greatest moments of my child hood. I went on to name my dog leia and dress up as darth maul for Halloween that year haha. Very good memories.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:37:16 »
I didn't get what the big deal was. I watched one movie, Return of the Jedi, and thought it was okay.

Then one Christmas an uncle of mine, who is a HUGE fan, gave me a gift card to Best Buy. This was the year the DVDs released. So...what? 2004? I saw this as an opportunity to honor his gift and got the DVD set. When I watched all of them is when I was hooked. I forced my family down to watch them with me. I bought the little figures to decorate my dorm room. I geeked out with my roommates about Episode III until we all finally went to go watch it together.
The original Cartoon Network Clone Wars also came out around the same time and I bought them on DVD, the sets of which I still have to this day.
For months I mercilessly forced friends and family to play no other Monopoly version than the Star Wars Saga edition.

Years later, like everyone else, I'm still a fan (shoot, I was watching the first before I paused to check this). I even had the main theme played at our wedding when we exited the church.

I got tickets for the digital version--not 3D, thank you very much--for The Force Awakens the day they were available, and my daughter even knows the correct quotation: "No, I am your father."

I love Star Wars. Even though Edward Scissorhands is my favorite film, Star Wars comes in close second and is easily my favorite franchise.

I love Star Wars.

Sorry for the long post. I'm a little tipsy so I had to go back and edit. A lot.
Also forgot to mention that I even auditioned for this film a couple of years ago. I obviously didn't make it.
But...I love Star Wars?
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:58:51 by romevi »

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:40:07 »
Oh wow! I'm not sure I knew what I was getting myself into! I can already tell it's going to be super difficult to pick a winner!!!

I need dis...

Imma jus leave dis right here tho

LOL! I enjoyed that

Big star wars fan here, I don't have a "collection" or anything but I enjoy the series. Before my dad and brother passed away we used to watch the movies alot. My brother let me skip school to go see The Phantom Menace when it came out.

I'm also a Storm Trooper nerd (og storm trooper>the new one)

Couldn't find an OG helmet so had to settle
Show Image

Cute shirt too! I'll have to post my modest collection at the end of this!

Wow, so much I could share, from my childhood, to my collection of 90/2000s toy collection or all of my collector series Lego pieces. But that is not the best story or thing I have to share. I have two boys 8 and 5 and this will be their Star Wars moment. They have watched the movies, and the cartoons, they like the old movies. They don't love them. But they are genuinely excited for next week. They get to see Star Wars in the theater for the first time in their lives. (I am really hoping they want to watch the old movies again after going and seeing the new one) I get to geek out with them over this. They have been asking questions galore over the last few weeks, they are more excited about marking off the calendar for next Thursday rather before opening their Star Wars Lego Advent calendar. It's exciting. I am a happy dad.

Ok I'll share one thing. I've been holding on to this shoe box full of old Wizards movie cards. They aren't the best quality card but still fun. Yesterday after school we sat down and opened up enough packs to complete a full set of cards. The rest we will be handing out at the movie theater we go to.

Sorry for the crap pic

Ah, I love this! The idea of being able to share something like that with fresh and eager little minds is heartwarming! Enjoy it man. One day they will be nerding out over Star Wars too!

My boy right here:

Show Image

*heart melts*

He sits there alone, his shoulders hunched as he rereads the script hes read hundreds of times. A half empty bottle of Jack Daniels on the table, a haze of smoke from the cigarettes burning in the ashtray. George Lucas stares at the script for the Phantom Menace. A single tear falls down as he remembers the cries of a million nerds scream in a rage at his work. How was he suppose to know that the fans would hate the prequels? His life work was forever tainted by this single decision to make another movie after he had made such a critically acclaimed series. Now he had been approached to make another trilogy.... Why? He takes another swig from his bottle and settles back down in his chair, eyes gazing towards the ceiling. He loved the franchise but he was too burnt from everything to continue his work, the task was too great to make another trilogy that would satisfy the fans. Lucas's eyes dart down towards the script as he lights another Dunhill cigarette, the sweet taste of it calming his nerves. He glances over at his collection of awards as he sighs, realizing the folly of his ways. There's no way out.

Suddenly his phone rings, he looks down at the screen. Its a blocked number.

TO BE CONTINUED

HA! Well done! Got a good laugh out of that.

---

Keep it coming folks! SO MUCH STAR WARS LOVE!!!!!!!

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:46:44 »
I'll never forget the first time I saw Episode IV. I was sitting with my dad the day after he got back from a year long deployment, retired US Navy vet, and the opening scene stretches across the screen. The massive spaceship covered every square inch of that tiny tube TV.

My jaw remain dropped for the rest of the movie and I swore when I got older that I was going to be Luke Skywalker because he could stop all of the bad guys and then my dad could stay home forever. It legitimately holds a special place in my heart to this day.

Thanks for doing this, Booper. The craftsmanship in these keys is impeccable.
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:10:40 »

First person I thought of! :)) :p

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:25:57 »
Guys....My parents bought me a Jar Jar Binks t-shirt in The Phantom Menace days for Christmas sometime around 1999 when the movie was released. They never saw the movie or knew who Jar Jar was, but they knew I was into Star Wars so they figured it was a perfect gift idea. I have no pictures of this because I never wore it or acknowledged its existence until right now today. I felt really bad for my parents...

So that's my Christmas related Star Wars story.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline MustacheRabbit

• My friends just don't understand
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:28:50 »
My biggest Star Wars involvement had to be running a server for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

Those games were what put me on the path that I am today, computer programming and whatnot. I had done some modding and skinning as a kid when I ran the server and that really got me interested in the field. I ended up going to high school and taking a graphic design course, then a game design course, then I went to college for game programming! I was living one of my childhood dreams until I realized that I didn't like the volatility of the market. I am still a software engineer, but just not working on games professionally.

Back to Star Wars though, one of my favorite creations was an invisible lightsaber for moderators to slice the entire server in one swoop. This was just in case there was a deathmatch going on instead of the normal dueling. It seems weird now to think that people would play with order and manners, but that was really what the entire community was all about back then. You engaged 1v1 in duels and practiced your lightsaber skills, combos, etc. Past that, community events were always fun too.

In terms of physical star wars things, I was able to nab a stormtrooper helmet coin bank back in 2011 from Disneyland, and I still use it. It often is a background item in any skype calls or videos I do.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:42:39 »
My Star Wars memory is this... When I was a young teen we had AOL, back in the days before it even has a browser and you only got 5 hours of usage a month (every minute after that was 10 cents).

At that time there were very few chat rooms, even though they were almost the only thing you could do on AOL. I was a huge fan at the time, and was plowing through the various books (Timothy Zahn trilogy FTW), so all I wanted to do was go online in the precious few minutes a week my father allowed for me to use AOL and chat Star Wars. However, there was no chat room. They had Star Trek, and if you hung out there you would occasionally see people reference the elusive "private" chat room, Star Wars.

So I would go there, and it was amazing to talk with other people around the world about my passion at the time. Usually there were 3-4 other people, but sometimes there were none. When that happened, I was sad, because it meant for those moments I was basically the only person in the entire internet at the time who wanted to chat about Star Wars. At the same time I look back, and it's fun to think I was the only Star Wars nerd online during those periods, and that amuses me.
"we didn't choose the furt life, the furt life chose us"

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 23:59:00 »

:-* :-* :-* :-*

There is one thing which remains my best decision of my life

I wanted to include a star wars theme stuff in my wedding
I didn't think my bride allow me to wear trooper costume on the wedding day, and I don't think I can opt for star wars style table arrangement
So I bought a star wars lego, a vader, a snow and storm trooper
Asked the decoration lady to make me a boutonnieres for me and my best men, and stick the lego on them
Happy days! :)

boutonniere by Hanshen, on Flickr

the boutonnieres was so popular on the day, even more popular than the bride's flower

My best men kept it as a token, and I framed mine and will forever be in my star wars display case

boutonniere-2 by Hanshen, on Flickr

and now we live happily ever after
the end

;)

Edit: just found this, here's a photo of my ma putting on the boutonniere on me during the morning ceremony  :-[

More

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:04:21 by jokrik »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:02:03 »

I didn't think my bride allow me to wear trooper costume on the wedding day, and I don't think I can opt for star wars style table arrangement
Asked the decoration lady to make me a boutonnieres for me and my best men, and stick the lego on them

Show Image

the boutonnieres was so popular on the day, even more popular than the bride's flower

My best men kept it as a token, and I framed mine and will forever be in my star wars display case

Show Image

the end

;)

Breh, that's awesome. I was ecstatic when my wife agreed to let the main theme be played at our ceremony. Can't imagine the joy you must've felt.
I really hope you win a Keywok.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:05:44 »
Breh, that's awesome. I was ecstatic when my wife agreed to let the main theme be played at our ceremony. Can't imagine the joy you must've felt.

What?? You guys played the main theme at the ceremony??
SO JELLY

I've to keep the bride happy after all -_- she chose all the songs

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:07:37 »

What?? You guys played the main theme at the ceremony??
SO JELLY

I've to keep the bride happy after all -_- she chose all the songs

Yup! See above. ;)

Offline MustacheRabbit

• My friends just don't understand
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:12:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

the end

;)

Edit: just found this, here's a photo of my ma putting on the boutonniere on me during the morning ceremony  :-[

More
Show Image

That is the best theme for a wedding I can imagine. Just imagine if there were flower girls with Princess Leia's cinnamon bun hair prancing around...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:16:38 »
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. My wife and I had two weddings, one for the families, and then we went to Jamaica and got married on the beach.

Well, for our family wedding, we had a smallish ceremony in her aunt's backyard. I walked down the aisle to the Imperial March. It was the coolest feeling ever.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:30:02 »
Wow. I never even wanted any artisan cap before I saw these.

I can't help feeling disadvantaged because plenty of people are good at telling and/or creating stories and that's not one of my strengths. I will say however that this has to be one of the funniest things ever:

Also, my four year old son is already caught up in the hype surrounding the new movie. He's getting some Star Wars toys for his birthday tomorrow but I don't know if he'll recognise all of them. We watched part of "A New Hope" together a couple of nights ago. He was a bit scared but it didn't dampen his enthusiasm any. Most of the shows he normally watches are simple kids stuff where the title of the show is the name of the hero(es) and its always clear who are the goodie-guys and who are the baddie-guys, so ... I had to stifle a laugh when, during the lightsaber training scene on board the Millennium Falcon, withe Luke, Obiwan, Han, R2, and 3PO all present he asks me "which ones are the Star Wars guys?"

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:37:03 »
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. My wife and I had two weddings, one for the families, and then we went to Jamaica and got married on the beach.

Well, for our family wedding, we had a smallish ceremony in her aunt's backyard. I walked down the aisle to the Imperial March. It was the coolest feeling ever.

What? You had the Imperial March as your theme?!
That's the song I have set to my ringtone for whenever my dad calls. When it plays and someone hears and smirks, I simply say, "Oh, it's my father."

Wow. I never even wanted any artisan cap before I saw these.

I can't help feeling disadvantaged because plenty of people are good at telling and/or creating stories and that's not one of my strengths. I will say however that this has to be one of the funniest things ever:

Never gets old. Can't believe how old it is now.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:41:11 »
Holy crap, those are awesome.  I may not be able to match Jokrik in Star Wars nerdiness, but it was a huge part of my life growing up.

Like most kids, I grew up loving dinosaurs.  I had an encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs, their Latin names, what they ate, what they looked like, and so on.  At some point of my childhood, that transferred to Star Wars.  I was a voracious reader and the Star Wars books became my thing to read.  I read every Star Wars book my library had, then I checked them out again to read them and re-immerse myself in the story lines.  I fell in awe of Thrawn, came to love Mara Jade, felt sympathy for Boba Fett, and just got lost in the universe.  I would fall asleep reading the Star Wars The Essential Guide to books, absorbing the universe and the lore.  I still have all the guide to books from my childhood:

I fell in love with the visuals of the movies and would them again and again on VHS, even if they were the awful Special Edition.  While everyone was arguing about who shot first, I decried the overuse of CG special effects, the remaking of Jabba, the addition of the silly exploding ring, and the all around over the top effects that were added that ruined the immersive experience.  I remember watching Ewoks - The Battle for Endor whenever it was on TV and renting it from Blockbuster.  I had already been amused by the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi, but Wicket won my heart.  It was nothing amazing, but I still fell in love with it.  Then the biggest disappointment of my life came with Star Wars Episode 1.  Somehow I convinced my mom to take a 6th grade or teenage me to go see it on opening day.  I was thrilled because it was Star Wars, something that was an integral part of my identity growing up.  Then came the bumbling battle droids and Jar Jar Binks.  I still loved Star Wars, but, gradually, George Lucas was chipping away at the awe that I had built for it.

At some point in grade school, I discovered the Star Wars CCG.  I scrimped and I saved to go out and buy the cards.  I rarely got to play with them since not many people played the game, but I still have all my cards in two shoe boxes to this day.  Some of the highlights:

Once a month, after saving up my allowance and doing random chores to earn more money, I would hop on my bike, ride down the hill from my house, and buy as many packs as I could afford.  I remember the amazingly generous comic store owner who would see the disappointment in my face when, on occasion, I'd have to put back a pack because I was a little short and give me the packs at a $0.50 or so loss.  I nerded out over them so much that I did a hobby report in 6th grade on my Star Wars CCG cards.  I remember writing to Decipher to get more information about the game and they sent me back a massive packet of information, handwritten notes, and just all around awesomeness.  I know I have that note somewhere still.

That nerdiness stayed with me throughout college and grad school.  If I had to take a flight, it was a Star Wars book I would take with me.  I still check out the Star Wars books from my library whenever new ones come in.  My friends in grad school noticed, hence why one of them drew this little caricature:

And I got this bigass First Order Trooper for my birthday this year (Ewok Pez Dispenser for scale):

Anyways, that's just a small bit of my Star Wars nerdiness.  Your KeyWok would just be another piece of that huge long geeked out history for me.

Obligatory creepy Wicket gif:

More
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 08:41:16 by nubbinator »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:44:08 »
You know, seeing this thread flooded with people who loves star wars in GH already made my day!
I'm not the only one  :'(  :'(

#brohug all of you

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:51:36 »
Holy crap, those are awesome.  I may not be able to match Jokrik in Star Wars nerdiness, but it was a huge part of my life growing up.

Like most kids, I grew up loving dinosaurs.  I had an encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs, their Latin names, what they ate, what they looked like, and so on.  At some point of my childhood, that transferred to Star Wars.  I was a voracious reader and the Star Wars books became my thing to read.  I read every Star Wars book my library had, then I checked them out again to read them and re-immerse myself in the story lines.  I fell in awe of Thrawn, came to love Mara Jade, felt sympathy for Boba Fett, and just got lost in the universe.  I would fall asleep reading the Star Wars The Essential Guide to books, absorbing the universe and the lore.  I still have all the guide to books from my childhood:

Show Image

I fell in love with the visuals of the movies and would them again and again on VHS, even if they were the awful Special Edition.  While everyone was arguing about who shot first, I decried the overuse of CG special effects, the remaking of Jabba, the addition of the silly exploding ring, and the all around over the top effects that were added that ruined the immersive experience.  I remember watching Ewoks - The Battle for Endor whenever it was on TV and renting it from Blockbuster.  I had already been amused by the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi, but Wicket won my heart.  It was nothing amazing, but I still fell in love with it.  Then the biggest disappointment of my life came with Star Wars Episode 1.  Somehow I convinced my mom to take a 6th grade or teenage me to go see it on opening day.  I was thrilled because it was Star Wars, something that was an integral part of my identity growing up.  Then came the bumbling battle droids and Jar Jar Binks.  I still loved Star Wars, but, gradually, George Lucas was chipping away at the awe that I had built for it.

At some point in grade school, I discovered the Star Wars CCG.  I scrimped and I saved to go out and buy the cards.  I rarely got to play with them since not many people played the game, but I still have all my cards in two shoe boxes to this day.  Some of the highlights:

Show Image

Show Image

Once a month, after saving up my allowance and doing random chores to earn more money, I would hop on my bike, ride down the hill from my house, and buy as many packs as I could afford.  I remember the amazingly generous comic store owner who would see the disappointment in my face when, on occasion, I'd have to put back a pack because I was a little short and give me the packs at a $0.50 or so loss.  I nerded out over them so much that I did a hobby report in 6th grade on my Star Wars CCG cards.  I remember writing to Decipher to get more information about the game and they sent me back a massive packet of information, handwritten notes, and just all around awesomeness.  I know I have that note somewhere still.

That nerdiness stayed with me throughout college and grad school.  If I had to take a flight, it was a Star Wars book I would take with me.  I still check out the Star Wars books from my library whenever new ones come in.  And I got this bigass First Order Trooper for my birthday this year (Ewok Pez Dispenser for scale):

Show Image

Anyways, that's just a small bit of my Star Wars nerdiness.  Your KeyWok would just be another piece of that huge long geeked out history for me.

Obligatory creepy Wicket gif:

More
Show Image

I loved reading this! I hope you win one, too. Part of me regrets not getting into Star Wars earlier (the earliest one I saw in theaters was AotC (though it could've been Phantom, if the girl I asked agreed)), but that's how my life developed and I'm just glad I got into it at all, and married someone who supports me in all my hobbies and interests.

BtW, I love the First Order Stormtrooper designs. Nothing can take away from the classic armor, but the sleekness of the new outfit is just darn sexy.

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 01:53:53 »
this makes me so sad I had to leave behind my star wars lego when moving out.

Also, amazing stuff Jokrik, I can't even get my girlfriend to watch star wars...

Offline rjmana

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 03:01:24 »
I have Star Wars to thank for the best relationship ever! I'm not going to go with saying what Star Wars stuff i have, or what i loved about the movies... or how the expanded universe was the best thing that Disney killed (it really was), but rather, how Star Wars kickstarted the best period in my life. :) I came out of a terrible long term relationship and was only just recovering. Took to online dating and came across the profile of a beautiful lady that oddly enough asked the question "Who was your favorite star wars character?" Answered that (Vader and Boba Fett... maybe Mara Jade too), and it led to more geeking out over Star Wars and so many other things we clicked on! :D It stemmed a whirlwind courtship that has led to the best year of my life and to what I'm definitely seeing as a lifetime of love and fun! So Nikki, since I know you stalk my online profiles - I love you! I look forward to our years together :D

and little tokens of our geeking out http://i.imgur.com/rZnfSKu.jpg

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 03:22:41 »
I grew up loving the original StarWars movies, but I'm not even going to try to compete with some of these other stories.

Just wanted to say that these are amazing  :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline soilheart

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 03:57:18 »
Well, with the stories told I feel I've lost already.

I've always been a fan of Lucasfilm movies, during my teens my father used to give me one box of movies (Episode IV-VI, Indiana Jones) or one Star Wars prequel each Christmas as a gift. Probably because he loved Lucasfilm movies just as much as I did (or quite possibly, it's the other way, that he was the one who sparked my interest and love of the movies) and wanted to watch them on his home cinema. So while I don't have a lot of merch (or any really), I recall all of the Star Wars movies (yes, all of them) with fondness, much because it's something I have in common with the rest of my family (my little brother who is nearing his twenties still have his Star Wars Lego's on a shelf in his room ^^).
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 04:28:56 »
cool collections and stories people  :thumb:

here's an original artwork for this thread  :):blank:

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 04:42:33 »
**** ewoks.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 04:50:49 »
Man, my fondest memories of Star Wars would have to be the whole merchandising that was around when I was a kid, all the candy, figurines and pez dispensers!

One of my best friends cried when he watched the new trailer for the Force Awakens, if anyone deserves an Eewok, it's him. He even has a crazy ass pinball machine that his Dad bought for him on his 5th or 6th birthday.

It looks exactly like this

Believe it or not, the it actually has mech switches that look like Alps on the buttons, I'll have to get some close up pics of it when I'm over his place next.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 05:41:30 »
Hey Guys!

As a lifelong Star Wars fan and in anticipation of the new movie, I made an Ewok keycap! To debut it, I figured I'd do a giveaway to get my Christmas Spirit flowing!

Rules are simple... just nerd out on Star Wars! Post artwork, fan fiction, Star Wars related memories... whatever! I only require that whatever you post is your original work.

On Monday at noon (central), I'll pick a winner and send out a keywok! :D

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

pooh oooh haha yes fan girls included boops I have some costumes I need to post haha

Bopper these are off the freaking chain hun  :p omggggggggggggggggggffffgfggggggg
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 05:59:35 »
I was never a fan of Star Wars so I'll stay out of this one. I'm seeing some nice pictures so far.
And the keycaps look great.  ;) :thumb:

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:02:12 »
For me Star Wars has a special place, they are related to one of my happiest moments as a child. I grew up in a communist country under a totalitarian regime, a lot of things were forbidden, but from time to time some things slipped the "Big Brother" system.
It was in 1984 (yeah it took 4 years to reach us ...), I remember it was winter and snowing and my father took me to see "The Empire Strikes Back", it's the first film I remember seeing in cinema, I was almost 5 at that time. Outside it was a blizzard and in the cinema was freezing cold but it's the best memory I have as a child. 
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline mrsmana

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:13:34 »
I have Star Wars to thank for the best relationship ever! I'm not going to go with saying what Star Wars stuff i have, or what i loved about the movies... or how the expanded universe was the best thing that Disney killed (it really was), but rather, how Star Wars kickstarted the best period in my life. :) I came out of a terrible long term relationship and was only just recovering. Took to online dating and came across the profile of a beautiful lady that oddly enough asked the question "Who was your favorite star wars character?" Answered that (Vader and Boba Fett... maybe Mara Jade too), and it led to more geeking out over Star Wars and so many other things we clicked on! :D It stemmed a whirlwind courtship that has led to the best year of my life and to what I'm definitely seeing as a lifetime of love and fun! So Nikki, since I know you stalk my online profiles - I love you! I look forward to our years together :D

and little tokens of our geeking out http://i.imgur.com/rZnfSKu.jpg

For the record,my dear, I do not stalk your online profiles, I simply click the links you send me, and figure out who you are based on your use of the same name everywhere. :p Also, I asked who IS your favorite Star Wars character, and you were the only one that did not answer Dark (sic) Vader (horrors!) or Luke Skywalker or Yoda. So it became interesting to talk to you. And since you've referenced a lifetime together, I would like to make the assumption that THAT was your marriage proposal and shall now use mrsmana.  ;D Love you back. And that's the only reason I made this profile  ;D

And my everyday trinkets to match yours:
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:29:42 by mrsmana »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:30:51 »
Nice booper first off as with most I was a star wars lover growing up I think the first thing I remember off it was my 6th I want to say 6th christmas in which my parents got me both a power of the force x-wing and tie fighter along with pilot luke and stormtrooper and a copy of star wars a new hope on VHS, the gold box one if I remember loved that tape.

Anyway just got a Nerf first order stormtrooper blaster a few days ago will grab a photo and its pretty awesome I would recommend it to anyone for some foam dart shooting fun, looks the part too!

Anyway as for my most recent star wars add it would be:

And we all know why stormtroopers can't hit anything too:

Otherwise waiting on a SHfiguarts First Order Stormtrooper after christmas to come, and the movie too :) but I won't see it until a few days after it comes out so no spoilers geekhack

Ohh also anyone else opening the Lego star wars advent calendar this year, just got a star destroyer today  :p

PS: I hope nubbs win's because he had a idea for a ewok keycap like 5 months ago in the clack thread so hopefully he gets one :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:39:50 »
My boy right here:

Show Image

Little JD shot first? So cute!

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #50 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:48:15 »
purple anodized C3PO

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 07:29:21 »
purple anodized C3PO

Show Image

I envy your MSPaint skills bro.

Give this man a keycap!  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 08:55:32 »
More
Nice booper first off as with most I was a star wars lover growing up I think the first thing I remember off it was my 6th I want to say 6th christmas in which my parents got me both a power of the force x-wing and tie fighter along with pilot luke and stormtrooper and a copy of star wars a new hope on VHS, the gold box one if I remember loved that tape.

Anyway just got a Nerf first order stormtrooper blaster a few days ago will grab a photo and its pretty awesome I would recommend it to anyone for some foam dart shooting fun, looks the part too!

Show Image

Show Image

Otherwise waiting on a SHfiguarts First Order Stormtrooper after christmas to come, and the movie too :) but I won't see it until a few days after it comes out so no spoilers geekhack

Ohh also anyone else opening the Lego star wars advent calendar this year, just got a star destroyer today  :p

PS: I hope nubbs win's because he had a idea for a ewok keycap like 5 months ago in the clack thread so hopefully he gets one :p

I totally forgot about my high AF Ewok comment fur the 420 se. Edit: My phone always does fur instead of for.  It's annoying.  I think it fits in this case though.

I still love that nendoroid, it's so cute.

And the First Order Stormtroopers are just awesome looking.  That SHfiguarts one looks damn cool.  I got one of the Black Series ones from Comic-Con, but haven't been able to bring myself to actually open it.

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 08:57:07 by nubbinator »

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 09:08:24 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

I totally forgot about my high AF Ewok comment fur the 420 se. Edit: My phone always does fur instead of for.  It's annoying.  I think it fits in this case though.

I still love that nendoroid, it's so cute.

And the First Order Stormtroopers are just awesome looking.  That SHfiguarts one looks damn cool.  I got one of the Black Series ones from Comic-Con, but haven't been able to bring myself to actually open it.

Show Image

Open it! Play with it!

I found this guy the other day. Super happy!

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 09:31:34 »
Always loved the armor in Star Wars (clone's, Stormtrooper's, Mandalorians, etc.)  Hoping when Star Wars Battlefront is finished it will include clone troopers.

Looking forward to the movie.  Unfortunately will not be able to see the movie when it comes out as my ROTC battalion is having a branching ceremony. Sir, seriously?  Star Wars > Branching ceremony but whatever.

Caps look awesome Booper, thanks for the giveaway.

Offline t347

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 10:28:12 »
Thanks for the giveaway Booper!

I was a kid when Episode III was coming out, and in the lead up to its release I could not get enough Star Wars.  I insisted that my room be repainted and become space themed.  I pre-ordered Lego Star Wars and played it non-stop for weeks until I beat the whole thing.  It was one of the first games I ever beat!

My Star Wars love was so prolific that a few years later my aunt wanted to buy me a Star Wars themed present.  Only she messed it up, she bought me Star Trek monopoly instead of Star Wars.  She died a month after that and to this day I refuse to get rid of the game-- even though it was the wrong one.

Realforce 87u 55g

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 10:47:28 »
My best memory is my dad taking me to go see all three original star wars movies in theaters. It was one of my best memories as I was so amazed by the effects and the story it pushed me along the path I am today, a huge computer building IT nerd. (And I love it!)  :thumb:

Offline just66in

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:09:13 »
Lovely looking keycaps and it's great to see other extreme collections posted here.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:26:34 »
I know I already entered the giveaway (THANKS BOOPER!!!), but I can't resist posting more.

My son's room, right before he was born. His name is Cannon.

Yes, those are Star Wars nutcrackers on the shelf. :)

in memoriam

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:34:50 »
Now show his keyboard off jdcapre ;)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:38:34 »
wow, these are awesome.  great job as always booper...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:45:29 »
Now show his keyboard off jdcapre ;)

I think you have the only known picture...

Photo credit: CPTBadAss
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:54:40 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:21:01 »
Finally got time to take pics at work.  I wanted to post these with my original post, but oh well.  My work crew:

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:32:29 »
I know I already entered the giveaway (THANKS BOOPER!!!), but I can't resist posting more.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Holy crap!!!  #jdcarpewins

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:34:04 »
if i post my tattoo of a ewok do i win, as proof its actually me its directly above a tattoo of jdcarpe hehe
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:46:46 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:50:54 »
Good work! :)

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:54:37 »
I feel pretty sad to say this, but I only just watched 4, 5 and 6, 3 years ago during a movie marathon with some friends. It was pretty fun to watch but then everyone told me not to watch parts of the 1, 2,3 movies.. Anyone have a say on this? I don't mind watching some movies again, I just don't know why people have said that they are boring or something.
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:57:09 »
I feel pretty sad to say this, but I only just watched 4, 5 and 6, 3 years ago during a movie marathon with some friends. It was pretty fun to watch but then everyone told me not to watch parts of the 1, 2,3 movies.. Anyone have a say on this? I don't mind watching some movies again, I just don't know why people have said that they are boring or something.

Machete order is the way to do it. 4, 5, 2, 3, 6. Skip 1.

If you've watched 4, 5, 6, you might enjoy 2, 3. They don't have nearly the same charm as the originals, but they're fun movies if you go into them without the expectations that fans of the originals had.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:57:47 »

Watch and form your own opinion.
The general consensus is that they're not the Star Wars everyone grew and love in the '70s and '80s. Rightfully so. I watched them and enjoyed them when they came out in theaters, but after getting older and watching the older ones time and time again, I agree with everyone that the prequels just don't capture the magic. At all.

Still, I got the Blu-ray Saga set when it released and enjoy Episodes I-III as much as I can.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:03:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man. That lucky duck! I want my room to look like that now! haha.

Finally got time to take pics at work.  I wanted to post these with my original post, but oh well.  My work crew:

Show Image

Nubs! Dat Wampa! I love your collection and your post!!! OMG. So many nerdy Star Wars feels. This thread is the best idea I've had all month!

if i post my tattoo of a ewok do i win, as proof its actually me its directly above a tattoo of jdcarpe hehe

I would have to see that to believe!! Bunny having ewok and spock tattoos would be too good to be true! Unless it's actually a tattoo of JD, that would be equally impressive though. hahaha

---

There are too many good posts! I think I'm going to be busy all weekend making more ewoks! I don't know how I'll pick just one entry  ;D

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:10:33 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:21:33 »

Show Image

Nubs! Dat Wampa! I love your collection and your post!!! OMG. So many nerdy Star Wars feels. This thread is the best idea I've had all month!

It was an awesome idea. 

To make things even nerdier, I have to admit that Thrawn actually inspired some of my research and thought process in grad school.  The idea of studying a culture's art to understand the culture was fascinating to me.  I ended up doing an examination of art, artistic institutions, and politics in France for my Master's thesis and was planning on looking at the role of art in community identity, art as a tool for identity formation and idea transmission within the Polish solidarity movement, and looking to see if symbolic imagery in polling locations can impact voter behavior.  I was always fascinated by art, but I don't think I really would have started to look at it that way without those Star Wars books.

Also, Poland has, by far, the best Star Wars posters:

I would have to see that to believe!! Bunny having ewok and spock tattoos would be too good to be true! Unless it's actually a tattoo of JD, that would be equally impressive though. hahaha

---

There are too many good posts! I think I'm going to be busy all weekend making more ewoks! I don't know how I'll pick just one entry  ;D

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:24:11 by nubbinator »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:59:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man. That lucky duck! I want my room to look like that now! haha.

Show Image

---

sent a pic as a pm to you just in case i dont get a chance to take a thread worthy one with lots and toys and stuff before deadline

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:04:41 »

Show Image

It was an awesome idea. 

To make things even nerdier, I have to admit that Thrawn actually inspired some of my research and thought process in grad school.  The idea of studying a culture's art to understand the culture was fascinating to me.  I ended up doing an examination of art, artistic institutions, and politics in France for my Master's thesis and was planning on looking at the role of art in community identity, art as a tool for identity formation and idea transmission within the Polish solidarity movement, and looking to see if symbolic imagery in polling locations can impact voter behavior.  I was always fascinated by art, but I don't think I really would have started to look at it that way without those Star Wars books.

Also, Poland has, by far, the best Star Wars posters:

Show Image

---

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Whaaaat!? You have a masters? I'm learning so much about you! That's really awesome. It's really cool that you can track a lot of your creativity back to Star Wars. I found a lot of inspiration from it too when I was younger! It opened me up to the possibilities of all kinds of life outside our planet and really expanded my little kid brain. Not quite to the same extent as you though!

Now I want to participate!

--

Here is some of my Star Wars stuff! I used to have a Han life-size cut out too, but he didn't make it through my last move :(

This guy is the ****. He still talks to me -

2008 Booper doing a costume trial run with my freshly made lekku

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:08:25 »
That's an incredible cap, but I'm not even on the same plane as you guys :P

Good luck to everyone!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:09:12 »

sent a pic as a pm to you just in case i dont get a chance to take a thread worthy one with lots and toys and stuff before deadline

:eek: :eek: :eek:

omg. You weren't kidding!!!!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:17:45 »
tattoo of jdcarpe

omg. You weren't kidding!!!!

Nope, he's not even kidding. :P

in memoriam

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:18:27 »
I like Twi'leks. I have been wishing for a prominent male twi'lek character in The Force Awakens that I would costume as but I have not seen any twi'lek at all in any picture from the movie.
I have build a basic support structure out of styrene that I have heated and bent so it fits my head. The male twi'lelk skull (or at least the one of Bib Fortuna) is a bit simpler than the females' in that the skull is largely cone-shaped with conical lekku straight on the sides of it, so I think it should be relatively simple to make. The difficult parts would be the seam between the fake skull an my real skin.

Otherwise, to show off ... I usually post this image. I'm the guy in orange. It is no montage: it was shot at Finse, Norway where the outdoor scenes for Hoth in the Empire Strikes Back were shot.

I would never get a tattoo, but I know several people with quite large or many Star Wars tattoos. One guy got several actors to autograph his skin - which he got made permanent by a tattooist.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:28:45 by Findecanor »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:53:42 »
Went to McDonald's for lunch today, per his request.

in memoriam

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 16:59:14 »
so many cool pics!

Good luck to all.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:08:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

I need that ahri :((

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:29:04 »

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:33:08 »
my entry is just a memory involving the nintendo 64 games

My bro is about 10+ years older than me and so there wasn't a whole lot growing up that we could share an interest in. I remember when we first got the n64 (my first time ever really playing video games) and I ended up loving it. Turns out my bro was a big fan too. So it was cool having something in common with him. Anyways, I just remember watching him play Star Wars and just thinking he was really cool (and when he was done playing I would try the levels too and always mess up). It was super cool when we got the pod racer game cause I was a bit older and I could actually have a chance at beating him. Honestly, if it weren't for the video games I probably wouldn't even care about Star Wars at all (saw the movies pretty young and didn't really feel impacted by them) but it was the games and being able to actually do some of that stuff and explore etc that really kept me interested.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

Offline onemegamanfan

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:09:12 »
Here is one example of my SW fandom.  My keyboard sleeve:

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:44:56 »
So I was going to write a Doctor Who and Star Wars crossover fanfiction in the middle of the clone wars, but work has been super hectic and i know have to pick up a 12 hour shift tomorrow at work so I won't be able to dedicate the necessary time to write a good fic. I might post it later to this thread, but it won't be posted until well after Monday. Instead I'm just gonna wish everyone a great time watching the Force Awakens and ask how people are prepping for the movie!! Thank you for this giveaway Booper!

I'll be marathoning the movies and the clone wars/Rebels cartoons starting tuesday. I'm going in a modified machete order of IV, Rebels Cartoon, V, I, II, Clone wars Cartoon, III, VI. Tuesday, Dec 15th one of my favorite restaurants is having a Star Wars Trivia and Costume contest with special Star Wars cocktails that I'm super pumped to drink!!!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 02:08:45 »
Star Wars butt dance.

Butt dance, butt dance...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 17:17:07 »
i have an imperial cog tattoo, you scrubs can't compete

JUST SEND THAT BAD BOY TO ME ALREADY.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 17:32:08 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 17:33:17 »

Show Image

EZ WIN

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:07:32 »

Show Image

are you trying on new shoes or do you leave the tags on  :p

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:10:13 »

Show Image

not exactly new.. but i was trying them on to see how they fit so i can get another color of the same model.. i think i've had these a few months now  i just forget to use them OnO

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:17:56 »

Show Image

not exactly new.. but i was trying them on to see how they fit so i can get another color of the same model.. i think i've had these a few months now  i just forget to use them OnO

WOW
now we have one thing we like in common

CPT been bombarding me with ASICS stuff
ASICS or NB hmmmmmm

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 21:10:55 »

Show Image

WOW

ASICS or NB hmmmmmm

you too? GOD DAMN THAT CPT!

jk i love him. but my wallet.. it doesn't approve of our love.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 22:33:33 »
Wow, so much goodness in this thread. I had tears just reading about jokrik and Nub’s post. And so near the Force Awakens! Growing up I have none of these awesome toys, coming from a family that doesn’t have a lot of income. I normally play with my friends Star Wars toys. When I finally own a PC, I finally get to immerse in Star Wars universe - played the heck out of X Wing vs Tie Fighters, Bioware’s Star Wars RPG, that FPS game  which I’ve forgotten the name of. Most of the star wars stuff I own are software. But it was truly great to read some of your stories. Keep it coming!!

Offline Belfong

Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 04:43:53 »
Have you all seen this?
You probably have. It's old. But worth revisiting.

Offline fehrm

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:09:07 »
I'm not trying to enter the competition, it wouldn't be fair. I had to register though to say that those look absolutely amazing. Soo well done!

Offline Pdub

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:10:09 »
I made this gif!

MRW Star Wars is less than a week away!

« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:12:43 by Pdub »

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 16:58:21 »
I have a memory of watching a new hope for the first time. Before watching it what I knew of star wars was the prequels. I found them not at all interesting and that was my view of star wars. The idea behind them seemed interesting but I don't think they are anything like the original trilogy. This is obviously not a new opinion, but they gave me no interest or enthusiasm for the universe.
This was changed forever when I watched a new hope. This was a time when I bought a lot of VHS's in random assortments of 4 for £1. This was one of my favourite things to do as I had ready access to a lot of movies for cheap and although they were on VHS they were ok to me. So one time 1 of those 4 was a new hope. After watching it I was dumbfounded as it was excellent and completely contrary to the star wars I knew. Finally I felt like I understood star wars and how good it was. It was a true revelation. It was one of my favourite watching experiences ever. Although I have never seen it in the cinema I cherish the memory of seeing it for that first time.

Now I have a nice collection of fan edits remasters and a whole assortment of different editions and I absolutely love star wars.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 17:10:07 »
I always loved the series when I was younger but grew out of it, still excited for the 22nd (which is when I see it).

The detail in that cap is INSANE. Great work.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 17:13:01 »
I always loved the series when I was younger but grew out of it, still excited for the 22nd (which is when I see it).

One does not simply grow out of Star Wars. 

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 17:14:17 »

One does not simply grow out of Star Wars.

My dad and I used to watch them together but we drifted apart as I grew older.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 21:18:45 »
I used to have a Yorkshire Terrier that looked like an ewok.

I would always try to wrap his head in a brown towel I had.

I always thought it was so funny because he looked so cute with it on.

He would wear it for 30 seconds before he ripped it off.

He died a couple years ago. Old age.

I'll always remember that and the time he peed on my old baseball hat. (I loved that hat)

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 23:46:47 »
Part 2

George Lucas's eyes freeze on the phone's screen. Caller Unknown. The tune of 'The Cantina Band' echoes throughout his home as trees rustle against his window, his fireplace illuminating his trophy's and pieces. The stuffed Ewoks and Wookie's eyes seem to be watching him, ever so slowly, the mask of Vader's mangled mask seem to form a crooked smile. The room suddenly feels very cold as Lucas feels a shiver down his spine, he's not sure why but he feels uneasy. His number was known to an exclusive few and none of them would give his number out. His heart starts to race as his hand moves towards the phone, drops of sweating dripping from his face profusely. He can feel the sweat on his hand make contact with his phone as he slowly bring its up to chest. He nervously accepts the call and presses the phone against his ear, "Hello?".

No answer....

"Hello?" he repeats.

Still nothing but silence....

Suddenly he hears breathing, the heavy breathing of man. Rasping as of dry and old. Lucas feels needles in his arms as he asks "Who is this?".

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2015, 23:56:17 by Hexterdude »

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 23:47:44 »
Those caps looks fantastic! I was inspired to draw a quick pic and include one of my board/case! :)

120034-0

120036-1

The first movie I ever saw in theaters with my dad was Revenge of the Sith and I'm flying home to watch the new one with my entire family. I remember as a kid, I would find long sticks in our backyard and peel off the bark to make wooden lightsabers. I made my sister one as well and she was always a good sport about acquiring additional bruises (special tactic: go for the legs :D). Anyways, can't wait for Thursday night!!!

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 02:54:19 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 02:58:10 by Bevo »

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 07:47:09 »
Thanks for doing this, the caps look so good! Noticed your post on Reddit and been drooling ever since!

Recently replaced my Matrix paintings with some movie posters. Lucky for me one of them is my all time favorite Star Wars movie (ROTJ)
Bonus is the R2D2 with a Indiana Jones hat I got at Disney world when I was in California :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:14:33 by GenKaan »
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline BrainFlush

• I type using my knuckles, 30 years running.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrainFlush
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:04:15 »
Removed due to issues with people not in my life.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 March 2016, 10:59:51 by BrainFlush »

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:08:51 »

I was going to do a short video production featuring these guys- but even if I'd somehow won I'd have deferred to Jokrik or RJmana (or someone else in here with just amazing submissions!)

Nevertheless- it DOESN'T get nerdier than a Star Wars Pez collection *ladies- single file line please
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:11:23 by linkshine »

Offline twk

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:21:35 »
I'm a big Star Wars fan and I would love to win one of the keycaps! They look amazing!  :)

I have build those metal models. The are fun to build and I think they look good.

EDIT: Added a video of my latest mug.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:02:45 by twk »

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:56:09 »
These magnificent mofos:
Hi :)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:04:28 »
My boy right here:

Show Image

Parenting: your doing it right.
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:06:52 »
those are super awesome. i have so many fond memories of starwars starting with the first one i ever saw. my dad took me. and i have become like my father before me. going to be taking my son to EP7 this year.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:19:35 »
those are super awesome. i have so many fond memories of starwars starting with the first one i ever saw. my dad took me. and i have become like my father before me. going to be taking my son to EP7 this year.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Are you me? Hello, me!

My dad took me to Star Wars (later Ep IV) when I was a couple months from turning 4 years old. I'm taking my son to EP VII, and he'll be 4 in a couple months.

in memoriam

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:29:06 »

Are you me? Hello, me!

My dad took me to Star Wars (later Ep IV) when I was a couple months from turning 4 years old. I'm taking my son to EP VII, and he'll be 4 in a couple months.

my son is almost 6 and he loves starwars. starwars everything. i love how starwars and other things can really bring families together as well as people.

and yes i think we are doppelgangers or pretty damn close Sir. especially if your a System Administrator.
Projects

Offline enddot

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:31:41 »
Ahh I saw this a little too late. Going to throw in my father-son story too haha.
My dad and I have accumulated a little too much star wars merch (dad is currently going overboard on legos) over the years... Our basement is getting pretty full. That being said, he's influenced me a lot with his star wars, it basically shaped me into my love for space exploration. Would love to return the favor to him.

I like building some of the sets... and then he takes them one step further.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:35:19 »
I cant compete with some of the awesome here already.. but StarWars is pretty amazing, and so is your Ewok cap! I hope you make more of them :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:35:38 »

I was going to do a short video production featuring these guys- but even if I'd somehow won I'd have deferred to Jokrik or RJmana (or someone else in here with just amazing submissions!)

Nevertheless- it DOESN'T get nerdier than a Star Wars Pez collection *ladies- single file line please

I am ashamed to admit that I have the Jar Jar Bunks electric Pez dispenser as part of my Star Wars Pez dispenser collection.

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:44:38 »

I am ashamed to admit that I have the Jar Jar Bunks electric Pez dispenser as part of my Star Wars Pez dispenser collection.

SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.
*DING *DING *DING

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:50:41 »

SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.
*DING *DING *DING
Jar jar merchandise. That's hard core right there
Projects

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:53:32 »
I'll be working the premier (I work at a movie theater), does that count as dedication?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:54:33 »
I'll be working the premier (I work at a movie theater), does that count as dedication?

Hey, me too. IMAX IT pulling an 1130pm-10am shift on Thursday to make sure it goes well.  :-X

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:57:13 »
Tell them you have to watch if they say no, quit you don't need that negativity in your life
Projects

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:02:37 »
and yes i think we are doppelgangers or pretty damn close Sir. especially if your a System Administrator.

Yes, one of my titles is System Administrator haha. I do the work of about 4 people here. :)

in memoriam

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:03:35 »

Yes, one of my titles is System Administrator haha. I do the work of about 4 people here. :)
My brother!

We meat at last
Projects

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:32:33 »
So... we got some snow last night. I decided to have a little fun with my Lego.

Offline 3K

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:46:42 »
I hope I'm not too late, just noticed this contest yesterday night.  :-X

Either way, I did a quick sketch as my entry. Hope you guys like it!  ;D

It's one of my favourite Starwars moments, remade as GTA crossover.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:46:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Anyone else see this?

in memoriam

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:51:55 »
I made this gif!

MRW Star Wars is less than a week away!

(Attachment Link)

Ha! I love that! Everyone should know by now I'm a sucker for a good gif! XD

Those caps looks fantastic! I was inspired to draw a quick pic and include one of my board/case! :)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

The first movie I ever saw in theaters with my dad was Revenge of the Sith and I'm flying home to watch the new one with my entire family. I remember as a kid, I would find long sticks in our backyard and peel off the bark to make wooden lightsabers. I made my sister one as well and she was always a good sport about acquiring additional bruises (special tactic: go for the legs :D). Anyways, can't wait for Thursday night!!!

LOL! that is toooo adorable! I love that drawing.

Also I like your memory! My brother is 2 years older than me and he did the same thing! HA I always had fun though. Nothing wrong with a few bruises and he is the one who got me into star wars and comics and legos and stuff in the first place! I always wanted to do whatever he was doing when I was little :)

Great job on the caps. They look amazing!

Now I myself have not one artistic bone in my body but I am the proud man of a very talented woman in my life. She is a huge StormTrooper fan, she doesn't know why she is but she can paint like a pro.

Here is her first StormTrooper made in ArtRage 4 which I did buy her as a gift, so I did contribute to her talent, but that's all I did. ;D

If I don't qualify, that's life, at least you can enjoy her artwork.
Show Image

Oh wow! That is pretty awesome! Tell your wife I like that a lot :D

Ahh I saw this a little too late. Going to throw in my father-son story too haha.
My dad and I have accumulated a little too much star wars merch (dad is currently going overboard on legos) over the years... Our basement is getting pretty full. That being said, he's influenced me a lot with his star wars, it basically shaped me into my love for space exploration. Would love to return the favor to him.

Show Image

I like building some of the sets... and then he takes them one step further.

Show Image

Holy crap that legoscape!! That's awesome. It's cool that you guys can bond so much over something like Star Wars! That seems to be a recurring theme in this thread and is not something I even expected to think about. There are lots of generational fans sharing the new movie with their kids! That's so cool. Almost makes me want one!

Show Image

Show Image

SNOW! haha. That's awesome. I bet your lego appreciated getting to go out for an adventure :p

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:54:18 »
So time is almost up! But everyone should feel free to keep bonding about Star Wars.

I couldn't pick just one entry, so Scubaste and I made 3 more caps over the weekend. All of them are 1 off colors and I'll post a picture at some point. I'll be selecting 3 of my favorite entries, then I'll let RNGesus pick the fourth.

This has been fun! And has been good for me! Thanks to all you homies for being awesome and nice and participating. <3

Show Image

ahhh! i love that! It's not too late yet! Still an hour left, in fact :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:56:26 »
Thanks for the awesome giveaway and good luck all. Keywok is adorable.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:59:37 »
does this count as a submission? if not i'm still cool with just sharing  :cool:

120093-0
120095-1
120097-2
Projects

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:04:46 »
So time is almost up! But everyone should feel free to keep bonding about Star Wars.

I couldn't pick just one entry, so Scubaste and I made 3 more caps over the weekend. All of them are 1 off colors and I'll post a picture at some point. I'll be selecting 3 of my favorite entries, then I'll let RNGesus pick the fourth.

This has been fun! And has been good for me! Thanks to all you homies for being awesome and nice and participating. <3

Show Image

ahhh! i love that! It's not too late yet! Still an hour left, in fact :D

BOOPER HAS SPOKEN

Offline twk

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:09:11 »

Nice, very generous of you!

Offline BrainFlush

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:12:21 »
Oh wow! That is pretty awesome! Tell your wife I like that a lot :D
I will tell her only if  I win. JOKING. Sadly she isn't my wife yet.
But I will be sure to pass it on.
Thanks again for an awesome giveaway and a chance to win.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:14:31 »
I think the best part about this giveaway is reading all these stories. For me the most interesting one was nubbs perspective, as one who lived on the other side of the Iron Courtain I can understand that so well.
And by the way, I've been looking for one of those Polish posters for ages. Been looking also for the Romanian one, it's not so nice as the Polish ones but it's ours :

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:17:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Anyone else see this?

Show Image

I do, the flower box shows through just enough. That's awesome.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:21:04 »
I think the best part about this giveaway is reading all these stories. For me the most interesting one was nubbs perspective, as one who lived on the other side of the Iron Courtain I can understand that so well.
And by the way, I've been looking for one of those Polish posters for ages. Been looking also for the Romanian one, it's not so nice as the Polish ones but it's ours :
Show Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-Irvin-Kershner-Polish-Poster-/361439399210?hash=item5427778d2a:g:xAIAAOSwgyxWW1DU

I know I've seen a bunch of them for sale elsewhere, but they're always tricky to find.  This was the first one that popped up when I went searching.

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:23:15 »
LOL! that is toooo adorable! I love that drawing.

Also I like your memory! My brother is 2 years older than me and he did the same thing! HA I always had fun though. Nothing wrong with a few bruises and he is the one who got me into star wars and comics and legos and stuff in the first place! I always wanted to do whatever he was doing when I was little :)

Thanks!!! Haha I'm older than my sister by two years as well! She also followed me around a lot as a kid but that is definitely not the case now XD. I'm actually surprised she wants to see Star Wars with my dad and I, but it'll be fun :D!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:26:52 »
Show Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-Irvin-Kershner-Polish-Poster-/361439399210?hash=item5427778d2a:g:xAIAAOSwgyxWW1DU

I know I've seen a bunch of them for sale elsewhere, but they're always tricky to find.  This was the first one that popped up when I went searching.
They are making reprints, that is cool, the original posters I used to see were quite rare and expensive.
But this is very cool, these are one of the best posters ever made for the Star Wars series.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:31:30 »
Yeah, the originals are ~$1k.  I would kill for some, but no way could I justify it.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:38:24 »
Yeah, the originals are ~$1k.  I would kill for some, but no way could I justify it.

There are a couple Mondo and Olly Moss posters I would love to get my hands on, but those too go for a lot of $$$.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:53:49 »
Been busy.
These are awesome
Sadly my room is in way too much of a mess to gather my Star Wars stuff up for a photo so I'll just talk about it lol

I have things ranging from my car being white w/ Stormtrooper mats, steering wheel cover, and license plate cover, down to things like a Lego Boba Fett keychain and a napkin with Boba Fett drawn on it given to me by Nubbinator. That being said, Stormtrooper themed things I enjoy and my favorite character is Boba Fett. Ewoks are my favorite type of people. (Which reminds me I don't know where my stuffed Ewok is :|)

My main things would be my car, my backpack (which is a Boba Fett one), my computer (Stormtrooper theme), and my Stormtrooper HHKB. I have plenty of plushies and small collectables I've gathered since I was a kid.

My story is quite odd because my parents are foreign so my dad wasn't into Star Wars. My half-brother (who's like... 16 years other than me) was a young teen when he first came here but quickly learned the American culture and later passed it on to me as he was pretty much my father figure.

He got me into Star Wars and fell in love with it ever since. I even found my own VHS box set of the original trilogy which should still be at my parent's house now that I think about it >.>

Either way, I've enjoyed the series and will continue to do so.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:48:50 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

It was really really difficult to pick winners out of this. I thoroughly enjoyed so many of your posts and pictures! When I looked back through the thread to get names for RNG, I even noticed more cool stuff that I had missed. I wish I could make a cap for like all 50 of you that participated!

But, without further ado, I'll list the winners -

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

I'll PM you guys for addresses :)

Thanks again everyone for participating!

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:51:18 by Booper »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:51:48 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

It was really really difficult to pick winners out of this. I thoroughly enjoyed so many of your posts and pictures! When I looked back through the thread to get names for RNG, I even noticed more cool stuff that I had missed. I wish I could make a cap for like all 50 of you that participated!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Nubbinator Glad he got one awesome. But can I ask you to send him the purple one I think he would like that the most :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:54:02 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Nubbinator Glad he got one awesome. But can I ask you to send him the purple one I think he would like that the most
Yea! I plan to. The picture/names are not in order. Ha. Didn't even think about that

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:54:48 »
Congrats guys!

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:54:59 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Congrats on all those that won! I knew I couldn't compete with some of the hardcore guys here but it was fun!

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:56:19 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Nubbinator Glad he got one awesome. But can I ask you to send him the purple one I think he would like that the most
Yea! I plan to. The picture/names are not in order. Ha. Didn't even think about that
Awesomeness just wanted to check :x

Fire channels to boopers mind send bunny the pink one OOoooooOOOoooo and Jorik the black one OOOOooooooO
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 13:01:56 »

:llama:

Thanks Booper!  Those are awesome.  Fire Brand knows me, the purple and green are my two favorites, but I'm going to be thrilled with any of them.  So fricken cute.

Thanks again for the awesome giveaway!

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 13:02:09 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Congrats to you guys! Thanks for sharing your stories.

Maybe one day I will own a booper...

Offline BrainFlush

« Reply #150 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 13:23:14 »
Congratulations guys. Enjoy them, they look so cool!

Offline enddot

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 13:26:08 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Congrats! Did the last one join the dark side???

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:23:26 »
Congrats to the winers ! They really deserve these !  :cool:

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:59:52 »
Congrats Jokrik- you deserved it mang :D

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 15:33:46 »
Congrats to the winners!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 15:57:20 »
Congrats Jokrik- you deserved it mang :D

Thank you Booper!
It's the perfect thing to find this when I woke up :D

<3

and may the force be with you!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 16:15:20 »
Congrats! Make sure you guys post some pics.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 16:18:07 »
Congrats to the people who won!!! You all deserve it :D Booper great job with the caps.

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 16:23:49 »
Congrats to the people who won!!! You all deserve it :D Booper great job with the caps.

hi carlitos! :D

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 16:29:56 »

hi carlitos! :D

Hello :DDDDD

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 16:34:15 »
Congrats winners :)

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 17:34:16 »
Congrats to the winners.  Definitely some awesome caps  :thumb:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 17:38:07 »
Congrats to all the winners! I'm just sad I wasn't one of them. So jelly of that Keywok. :D

Booper, if you ever make one with an Alps stem, I will throw money at you.

in memoriam

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 17:54:47 »
grats winners!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 20:07:10 »
I’m speechless!!!!! This is awesome! Keywok is such a beautiful design! I think it is gonna be my favourite key and stay on my board for a long time! Thank you so much! If it arrives on time, I’ll bring it to The Force Awaken screening in IMAX 3D, which I already bought tickets for on 22 Dec! OR maybe on my second time I’m watching it. Ir third!!

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 23:30:37 »
too late already when i saw this thread. and already had an idea for a photo :'(

This cap is awesome! Grats on the winners. So jealous  :-X
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 23:33:37 »
I didn't even see this until now.  Those caps are freaking amazing.  Holy ****.  Grats to the winners.

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 09:59:02 »

Jawasd caps next?!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2015, 10:09:45 by linkshine »

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 10:00:22 »
i had no idea they were called Keywoks,

this further cements my interest in this amazing keycap
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 23:12:49 »
Nice... Lucky S.O.Bs..  :D

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 23:31:26 »
Congratulations to the winners! I wonder if the caps will arrive before the movie releases?

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 08:44:26 »
Literally I would buy the hell out of this :(
Leopold FC700R
Filco Majestouch-2 Multicamo
Korean FR4-87 Lambo Orange Custom

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 08:58:54 »

Thanks! I'm not sure yet if I want to get into selling them though. I've already had people on reddit start **** about copyright whenever I posted just doing a little giveaway. I don't want to get into all that so I'll probably save keywok for giveaways and such. :(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 09:04:20 »

Show Image

WOW

ASICS or NB hmmmmmm

you too? GOD DAMN THAT CPT!

jk i love him. but my wallet.. it doesn't approve of our love.

demik wore his Alpine Blasts! We have the same shoes :D. And bwahahaha, **** your wallets. Nice ink though demik <3

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 09:05:50 »

Thanks! I'm not sure yet if I want to get into selling them though. I've already had people on reddit start **** about copyright whenever I posted just doing a little giveaway. I don't want to get into all that so I'll probably save keywok for giveaways and such. :(

Booper pls, you, cc and finals got me in a dark place right now  :eek:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 09:24:57 »

I'm no copywrite attorney, but, considering all the Vader and Iron Man caps out there, I don't think you'll have troubles with selling Keywoks.

But that's just me.
And my need to get m'hands on one of these amazing caps.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 09:37:16 »

I'm no copywrite attorney, but, considering all the Vader and Iron Man caps out there, I don't think you'll have troubles with selling Keywoks.

But that's just me.

I just find it funny that people on Reddit are giving **** about copyright when a ton support K3 over there and they're constantly buying caps that obviously run afoul of copyright.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 December 2015, 09:57:41 by nubbinator »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 09:41:06 »

Yeah, it's probably best to not sell trademarked/copyrighted designs. For everyone using HolyOOPS as an example, that's still not allowed. Is Disney, Marvel,  or George Lucas (actually, I suppose all are Disney now) going to hunt you down and make you stop? Most likely not. Still, for a community that supposedly cares about the intellectual property rights of artists I really hope you'd consider otherwise.

Saving these for giveaways is your best option (since I'm sure there are some rules allowing for "artistic interpretation" of trademarked/copyrighted designs for "personal use"). Don't let anyone dissuade you. These are great keycaps and I hope to see more people add them to their collections through giveaways or trades.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 09:51:23 »

But that's just me.

I just find it funny that peiple on Reddit are giving sure about copyright when a ton support K3 over there abd they're constantly buying caps that obviously run afoul of copyright.
This!

Reddit is too toxic a place. I wouldn't take any comment there to heart. Pfffttttt!

Offline drewba

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 09:56:28 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Holy crap these are great. I hope to see more pictures on the winners' keyboards!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 10:23:20 »

But that's just me.

I just find it funny that people on Reddit are giving **** about copyright when a ton support K3 over there and they're constantly buying caps that obviously run afoul of copyright.

Haha, yea. I really don't get that either! I think it's more of a spite thing since people call out K3, K3 supporters call out everyone else about whatever they can come up with.  r/mk is weird.

I don't really care that much or think I'd really get sued or anything, I just don't think I want to go down that road at all right now since I've got a couple designs these days (and blanks) so I've got plenty of other stuff to focus on if I want to do sales.

I made the keywok just because I was excited about Star Wars and thought it would be cute! To be honest, he's the biggest pain in the butt to cast though anyway because I feel like he needs all those separate shots to look his best :D

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Holy crap these are great. I hope to see more pictures on the winners' keyboards!

Me too!!! My favorite part of the hobby is seeing the caps on people boards in their new homes