Author Topic: [IC] ePBT 6085 - GB starts April 15th. Pricing added!  (Read 106231 times)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [IC] ePBT 6085
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 19:25:17 »
Small update here: KBDfans confirmed that the 1u convex keys will not be available with the current/new tooling. So these will be standard 1u keys, I hope that's alright with those that were interested in this detail.

Please update the 1u labels in the kit image, or at least put a note next to it so no one is mislead by the OP.  Thanks!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 00:09:10 »
Small update here: KBDfans confirmed that the 1u convex keys will not be available with the current/new tooling. So these will be standard 1u keys, I hope that's alright with those that were interested in this detail.

Please update the 1u labels in the kit image, or at least put a note next to it so no one is mislead by the OP.  Thanks!

Hi! I am holding off on doing this as it seems a few others who were planning ePBT sets assumed that 1u convex keys would be available. No promises, but we're trying to see what we can do to make them happen. I'll make sure to update the renders or add a clear disclaimer if we have to use standard 1u blanks.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 01:54:30 »

Hi! I am holding off on doing this as it seems a few others who were planning ePBT sets assumed that 1u convex keys would be available. No promises, but we're trying to see what we can do to make them happen. I'll make sure to update the renders or add a clear disclaimer if we have to use standard 1u blanks.

It would be great if they add 1uC tooling.

Offline zekth

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 03:48:43 »

It would be great if they add 1uC tooling.

I'm pushing on my side regarding ePbt - Be The One. Hard to consider not having 1U convex keys.

Offline MIXO Cables

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 22:55:35 »
the burgundy red  :thumb:

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 21:10:22 »
Hello everyone! First of all, I have a big announcement to make. The following vendors have agreed to run the set:

KBDfans will handle rest of world orders.

Secondly, there are some kit changes:
  • Added NorDeUK kit
  • Moved second B to base
  • Updated spacebar kit to include 6u off-center
  • Updated the scroll lock, print screen, and pause keys to all be single line, with front printing for the secondary functions

As of now, I'm considering these kits to be final. The only potential change is to the spacebar kit, if ePBT is unable to produce the 1u convex or 1.25u convex spacebars, the render will be updated accordingly. I will be submitting these kits to KBDfans for an estimate on pricing this evening.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 06:23:31 »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 06:42:22 »
As of now, I'm considering these kits to be final. The only potential change is to the spacebar kit, if ePBT is unable to produce the 1u convex or 1.25u convex spacebars, the render will be updated accordingly. I will be submitting these kits to KBDfans for an estimate on pricing this evening.

Sorry, but I think you're jumping the gun here a bit. Your kits still have issues, so I think it's premature to consider them final at this point. I'll outline some of those issues below.

Base kit
  • R1 1u End, Pg Dn should be moved to the Numpad kit, as these keys are only used on boards with numpads (1800/CP/96-key).

• R3 1u Pg Up, R4 1u Pg Dn should be added to the Base kit for coverage of modern 65%/75% layouts.

• ISO-UK support was moved off to a NorDeUK kit, but now basic ISO support is incomplete in the Base kit and isn't usable as-is. To fix that, consider my previous suggestion (change R4 \| to <>, add R3 ’ ‛ and ” ‟ to match the original Xerox 6085 keyboard's ISO layout).
    • Alternatively, just go with terminal-style basic ISO (change R4 \| to <> and add R3 \|).
    • In either case, \| should be moved from Base into NorDeUK so that all UK keys are grouped together in that kit. Also, <> will no longer be necessary in the NorDeUK kit as it will be present in Base.
    • Same kit examples as in point #2.

• Speaking of ISO, all Alt Gr keys should be moved to the NorDeUK kit since the Base kit is US-ANSI–based and doesn't have any sublegends.

• Not sure I see a point to having extra Print and Pause keys with LED windows. These keys do not use lock lights, nor can the LEDs under these keys be mapped to Num/Caps Lock on the vast majority of custom keyboards, except for boards that have per-key RGB matrices. Either way, this doesn't seem very useful, and this is the first set I've seen that has LED windows on Print and Pause. I would suggest removing them.
      • Kit examples: any kit with windowed keys.

• Mod-colored R1 1u \| isn't commonly used in split backspace setups. Unless this key is something you personally use, I would suggest removing it from the kit.
      • Kit examples: almost any base kit, since very few sets include this key.

• R1 1u (Backspace) isn't commonly used on ≥60% boards. Unless this key is something you personally use, I would suggest moving it from Base to the 40s kit.

• The second R4 1u Ctrl key can be removed as it isn't useful for any modern boards larger than 40%.

• R4 1.25u Menu doesn't seem like a very useful addition since there's already Fn in the kit.

Hiragana & Cyrillic kits
    Spacebars & 40s kits
    • The 40s kit should have it's own space keys included. 40% users hate having to buy a separate kit to get space keys, which, by the way, are not optional for them.
    • On a related note, double 1u space and 1.75u space are 40%-specific things and should not be included in the Spacebars kit, just the 40s kit.
    • Please use EPBT Skadi and EPBT Be The One's kits as a reference to redesign your 40s and spacebars kit.
    • I also don't think it's at all necessary to bloat the kit with both novelty and regular icons. It's better to stick to just one and use the remaining space to include more compatibility for 40s/ortho boards.

Numpad kit
    • As mentioned previously, R1 1u End, Pg Dn keys should be moved into Numpad from Base.
    • You may want to add a R1 1u = key for some numpad users (Mac, 96-key etc.).

NorDeUK kit
    • As mentioned previously, R4 \| should be moved from Base into this kit, and R4 <> should be moved from this kit into Base.
    • The R1 /`´ key (far right, third row from the top, used in Norwegian) is supposed to have a \ legend in the bottom-left corner, not /.
      • References: 1 2.

There are a few other, more minor issues, but I feel that this covers most of the major ones.[/list]
    « Last Edit: Tue, 15 September 2020, 06:44:39 by konstantin »

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
    « Reply #108 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 07:10:15 »
      • ISO-UK support was moved off to a NorDeUK kit, but now basic ISO support is incomplete in the Base kit and isn't usable as-is. To fix that, consider my previous suggestion (change R4 \| to <>, add R3 ’ ‛ and ” ‟ to match the original Xerox 6085 keyboard's ISO layout).
        • Alternatively, just go with terminal-style basic ISO (change R4 \| to <> and add R3 \|).
        • In either case, \| should be moved from Base into NorDeUK so that all UK keys are grouped together in that kit. Also, <> will no longer be necessary in the NorDeUK kit as it will be present in Base.
      This

• Speaking of ISO, all Alt Gr keys should be moved to the NorDeUK kit since the Base kit is US-ANSI–based and doesn't have any sublegends.

Give them ansi folks some angry alt.. I foresee a cheap nordekit ;)

• Not sure I see a point to having extra Print and Pause keys with LED windows. These keys do not use lock lights, nor can the LEDs under these keys be mapped to Num/Caps Lock on the vast majority of custom keyboards, except for boards that have per-key RGB matrices. Either way, this doesn't seem very useful, and this is the first set I've seen that has LED windows on Print and Pause. I would suggest removing them.
        just let it happen :D

• R1 1u (Backspace) isn't commonly used on ≥60% boards. Unless this key is something you personally use, I would suggest moving it from Base to the 40s kit.
        65% ? nvm mistook it for delete

NorDeUK kit
        • As mentioned previously, R4 \| should be moved from Base into this kit, and R4 <> should be moved from this kit into Base.
        • The R1 /`´ key (far right, third row from the top, used in Norwegian) is supposed to have a \ legend in the bottom-left corner, not /.

There are a few other, more minor issues, but I feel that this covers most of the major ones.[/list]

Nice konstantin, good catch! :) ( You thoroughness is awesome )[/list][/list][/list][/list]
        « Last Edit: Tue, 15 September 2020, 07:14:13 by RETURNISO »

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
        « Reply #109 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 09:31:37 »

Sorry, but I think you're jumping the gun here a bit. Your kits still have issues, so I think it's premature to consider them final at this point. I'll outline some of those issues below.

Base kit
        • R1 1u End, Pg Dn should be moved to the Numpad kit, as these keys are only used on boards with numpads (1800/CP/96-key).

• R3 1u Pg Up, R4 1u Pg Dn should be added to the Base kit for coverage of modern 65%/75% layouts.

• Mod-colored R1 1u \| isn't commonly used in split backspace setups. Unless this key is something you personally use, I would suggest removing it from the kit.

• The second R4 1u Ctrl key can be removed as it isn't useful for any modern boards larger than 40%.

• R4 1.25u Menu doesn't seem like a very useful addition since there's already Fn in the kit.

Hiragana & Cyrillic kits
          Spacebars & 40s kits
          • The 40s kit should have it's own space keys included. 40% users hate having to buy a separate kit to get space keys, which, by the way, are not optional for them.
          • On a related note, double 1u space and 1.75u space are 40%-specific things and should not be included in the Spacebars kit, just the 40s kit.
          • Please use EPBT Skadi and EPBT Be The One's kits as a reference to redesign your 40s and spacebars kit.
          • I also don't think it's at all necessary to bloat the kit with both novelty and regular icons. It's better to stick to just one and use the remaining space to include more compatibility for 40s/ortho boards.

Numpad kit
          • As mentioned previously, R1 1u End, Pg Dn keys should be moved into Numpad from Base.
          • You may want to add a R1 1u = key for some numpad users (Mac, 96-key etc.).

NorDeUK kit

Thanks for the feedback konstantin, you make some good points. I'll be taking some of these recommendations and will make one more revision to the kitting.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
          « Reply #110 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 10:21:05 »
          Thanks for the feedback konstantin, you make some good points. I'll be taking some of these recommendations and will make one more revision to the kitting.

Thanks for reading and for your consideration. If you would like to discuss the kitting or any of my proposed changes, feel free to reach out on Discord. I'm available in the Keycap Designers and 40% servers, as well as directly at konstantin#6505.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
            • Discord
          « Reply #111 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 01:45:22 »
          I personally like AltGr on ANSI boards, and wouldn't hate having it available in the base kit. I associate it with older/vintage ANSI boards, which this set is based upon.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
          « Reply #112 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 05:23:29 »
          I personally like AltGr on ANSI boards, and wouldn't hate having it available in the base kit. I associate it with older/vintage ANSI boards, which this set is based upon.

I actually also like Alt Gr on ANSI boards. I think we're in the minority, though. But if the designer decides to replace all Alts with Alt Gr, I'd be down for that.

Offline xalloumi

• lol
          « Reply #113 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 05:31:46 »
          I think the colours of the Cyrillic set would look nicer if the alphas and sublegends were reversed

Offline zekth

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 05:42:32 »

I actually also like Alt Gr on ANSI boards. I think we're in the minority, though. But if the designer decides to replace all Alts with Alt Gr, I'd be down for that.

I'm curious about the cost addition on the base kit for the 2 Alt Gr keys.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
            • Discord
          « Reply #115 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:23:47 »

I'm curious about the cost addition on the base kit for the 2 Alt Gr keys.

+1

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:32:39 »
          Wouldn't an Alt Gr key be useful for base + Cyrillic?

The 1U bottom row (2*Alt, 2*Ctrl, 2*Super, Function) are really only useful for covering an OG winkey 1800 (one with a 6U spacebar). That's a fairly niche use-case but including those keys in base increases 40s coverage, so that's nice.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
          « Reply #117 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 18:25:28 »

Wouldn't an Alt Gr key be useful for base + Cyrillic?

Not really, no.

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 12:10:45 »
          Ok, I'm all in on this.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
          « Reply #119 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 10:59:46 »
          Hello everyone! I've made most of the kit changes suggested by Konstantin. I did not make any changes to the Hiragana or Cyrillic kits because I plan on using the existing legends used by ePBT. These new kits have been sent to KBDfans for pricing.

Offline soer9459

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 13:01:27 »
          Regarding the R4 < > keys in base and norde, aren't they reversed?

> should be on top and < should be on bottom

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
          « Reply #121 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 14:45:54 »
          Regarding the R4 < > keys in base and norde, aren't they reversed?

> should be on top and < should be on bottom

Indeed, I'll get that fixed

Offline gautema

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 14:56:17 »
          I'd love to see full set of numbers in the Cyrillic set so I can equip two keyboards with base, cyrillic and novelties. Will buy base and novelties anyway.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 02:53:11 »
          Is there really a need for a centered and an off centered 6u spacebar? I'm genuinely curious what the different use cases are.

Offline simpe

• 40 or bust
          « Reply #124 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 10:12:09 »
          Looks super nice, im in for base, 40s and norde!
          Efreet 62g filmed lubed T1 w/ epbt shiro/kuro, Planck Healios, LS 62g Zilent,Gherkin 60g Aliaz, NCKB 50% Gateron brown, GH60 Mx brown

Offline simpe

• 40 or bust
          « Reply #125 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 11:14:37 »
          Efreet 62g filmed lubed T1 w/ epbt shiro/kuro, Planck Healios, LS 62g Zilent,Gherkin 60g Aliaz, NCKB 50% Gateron brown, GH60 Mx brown

Offline sartori24

• hello
          « Reply #126 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 22:53:56 »
          I really like it. Like a lot. GLWIC
          yikes

Offline DevilZmods

• Etsy Shop
          « Reply #127 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 10:26:18 »
          would an ergo kit be possible? there's a lot of neat icon variations that can be put on the 1.5u keycaps.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
          « Reply #128 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 17:19:04 »
          ...if ePBT is unable to produce the 1u convex or 1.25u convex spacebars, the render will be updated accordingly.

Regardirg current kit renders in the OP: 40s has two 1u convex, and Spacebars has one 1.25u convex.

More
          <-- 40s

More
          <-- Spacebars

So KBDfans will have convex tooling for 1u and 1.25u, right?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
          « Reply #129 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:59:34 »
          Apologies for the lack of updates for the past few weeks. I have been working to make a final wave of changes to the set:

• Corrected <> keys in the Base and NorDeUK kits
          • Added new/corrected legends to the Hiragana and Cyrillic sets
          • Changed "num lock" to "num" to make it consistent with the other lock keys
          • Added 1u convex space to spacebars

I'm putting a hard lock on any further changes as I feel that we're finally in a good place. Everything has been sent to KBDfans for pricing and next steps.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
          « Reply #130 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:01:25 »
          ...if ePBT is unable to produce the 1u convex or 1.25u convex spacebars, the render will be updated accordingly.

Regardirg current kit renders in the OP: 40s has two 1u convex, and Spacebars has one 1.25u convex.

More
          Show Image
          <-- 40s

More
          Show Image
          <-- Spacebars

So KBDfans will have convex tooling for 1u and 1.25u, right?

Yes. I asked them and they confirmed that 1u and 1.25u convex will be possible.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
          « Reply #131 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:03:00 »
          would an ergo kit be possible? there's a lot of neat icon variations that can be put on the 1.5u keycaps.

Sorry no ergo kit. However, base + 40s should cover preonic layouts.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
            • Discord
          « Reply #132 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 00:23:26 »
          Apologies for the lack of updates for the past few weeks. I have been working to make a final wave of changes to the set:

• Corrected <> keys in the Base and NorDeUK kits
          • Added new/corrected legends to the Hiragana and Cyrillic sets
          • Changed "num lock" to "num" to make it consistent with the other lock keys
          • Added 1u convex space to spacebars

I'm putting a hard lock on any further changes as I feel that we're finally in a good place. Everything has been sent to KBDfans for pricing and next steps.

H E A V Y  P A N T I N G

Offline jack47

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 01:53:07 »
          Would you consider a SEA vendor?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
          « Reply #134 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 23:35:14 »
          Would you consider a SEA vendor?

Sorry, at this point there are no plans to add any additional vendors.

Offline SenseiJia

• Hey you.
          « Reply #135 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 18:26:10 »
          This is looking GOOD!

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 18:25:07 »
          GB this year ?

Offline GMK83

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 21:03:01 »
          I’m a sucker for classic colors.  Looking good, hope it runs this year.

Offline remdell

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 14:20:23 »
          Is it possible to add full purple accent keys for Esc and Enter to the base? Or maybe have an accent kit with Esc, Enter, arrows, and a few mods.
          Rukia PC | RF87U Digilog | Norbaforce MKII Palm Desert | Zenith ZKB-2R | Datadesk MAC-101

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
          « Reply #139 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 14:22:28 »
          Is it possible to add full purple accent keys for Esc and Enter to the base? Or maybe have an accent kit with Esc, Enter, arrows, and a few mods.

I too wasn't fast enough for the DMG extras.

Offline krautcat

• local the flammable man without identity
          « Reply #140 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 16:10:42 »
          This is warm. I am in. Not so hot as if it would be made by Hammeworks, but it is understandable.

Offline ButDutWut

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 18:27:53 »
          Looking real good. Excited for GB!

Offline Waterrmelonn

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 03:19:35 »
          I'm in!

Offline Digmo

• keebit.studio
          « Reply #143 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 15:17:20 »
          very nice, happy to see norde

Offline BirgusLatro

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 01:03:59 »
          Yes.   I'm a sucker for legend-heavy sets and cyrillic

Offline honoka

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 02:32:16 »
          norde-kit means I'm buying

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 06:29:30 »
          This is warm. I am in. Not so hot as if it would be made by Hammeworks, but it is understandable.

Yeah this definitely should've been a CRP keyset.

Offline Galk

• Send help
          « Reply #147 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 08:52:37 »
          norde-kit means I'm buying
          Yea i feel the same, its like... You spend tons of money on a keycapset so you might as well spend a little extra and make the layout native to your language

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Collecting pennies to afford keyboards.

Offline donny_pete

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 10:23:18 »
          Giving love to the 40's community is enough for me to give this kit some love

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
          « Reply #149 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 13:15:28 »
          idk, kinda excited for this set :)
          More
          Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13