Author Topic: What mice do you use?  (Read 396982 times)

Offline munch

• !
Re: What mice do you use?
« Reply #800 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 16:35:17 »

:p that's my least favourite part of the G502... great buttons etc. but the wheel is metal and painful to use.

G403 seems better in every way to me.

That's the main reason I don't ever use mine. It also adds a lot of weight and I like light mice.

I also don't like how one click is concave and one is convex, but I can overlook that.

I actually really like the weighty metal scroll wheel, I must have gorilla hands. It does help maintaining momentum while freewheel scrolling too. If I recall, when Logitech designed the G900 after the G502, they thinned out the wheel significantly and it resulted in a much lighter wheel feel while still retaining the solid metal feel. If only it wasn't so bloody expensive  :(

it's fine when freescrolling but I didn't ever use that feature :p
when doing really quick scrolls, like in gaming (I use it to jump for example, so you can time the hop right after by 'spamming' multiple +jump commands) it gets uncomfortable since you have to have a bit looser grip on the entire thing, relaxed fingers etc.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #801 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 18:08:27 »
ugh, i hate those scroll wheels. i can imagine the "casual user" could love them, but for me they are just loud and noisy, heavy, wobbly, unpleasant notches, unpleasant M3..
i mean, i never used the free-scroll function, and never used the rocking buttons (left and right from the wheel).
the wheels i like most are the simple mechanical encoders, unfortunately most companies cheap out on them and they still end up feeling mediocre.

anyway, i'm back at using the G400 again. i can't say i even like the shape that much, but i'm just so used to it..! :D
i still don't like it for gaming all that much, but i'm gaming less and less these days anyway. the shape cramps my thumb if i have to lift the mouse up a lot
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #802 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 20:24:02 »
ugh, i hate those scroll wheels. i can imagine the "casual user" could love them, but for me they are just loud and noisy, heavy, wobbly, unpleasant notches, unpleasant M3..
i mean, i never used the free-scroll function, and never used the rocking buttons (left and right from the wheel).

Free-scrollers are required for those looking through giant Excel forms and Access databases.  Makes the whole experience far quicker and more comfortable than with the traditional notchy-styled mouse wheels.

The G900 is worth it's weight in Gold, I go through far more data than with the older Dell garbage which really made it a chore.

The G900 scroller is the first decent mouse-wheel released onto the public in a very long time (quiet, smooth and solid) and I'm keeping mine till it breaks or wears out.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #803 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 10:48:45 »
Free-scrollers are required for those looking through giant Excel forms and Access databases.
Masochists.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #804 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 01:13:46 »
G403 just showed up today (G-Pro will be here on Saturday).

I love this thing. Great shape, great weight (especially coming from the Rival 700). Sensor is top notch, and button clicks are pure sexy. While you can finger tip it (since it's light enough), the shape really just wants you to claw it (which it's great at). My hands are way too big to palm it, but I imagine if you have smaller hands it'd palm like a champ.

Offline Ashlyn

« Reply #805 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 15:57:24 »
I m using Zowie EC2-A benq right now  :thumb:

Offline tuxlovesyou

Sorry about necro reply
« Reply #806 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 13:11:18 »
Right now using a DXT Mouse that I received as a review sample. It's actually not that bad. Been using it since last week, and it's a fine work mouse. Lacks some features (back/forward buttons), and I would change some positioning, but, having it use the same DPI settings I have for my Logitech mouse, it's a nice break for the normal mouses I have.

(Attachment Link)

I too use a DXT vertical mouse (DXT Vertical Mouse 2) and am loving it!  After having used the Evoulent Vertical Mouse 4 for eight years, I have found it to be a natural progression.  I am able to frag baddies in Cube 2: Sauerbraten with little trouble.  On day one I was more precise than with the Evoulent.

The only trouble with the DXT is if you have a desk that is too small that lets the wire hang off the edge.  Sometimes I would get stuck (only a problem in games when your DPI is maxed).

I will only use vertical mice, trackpoints, trackpads, and trackballs -- never normal-orientation mice.  Just using the IIgs's mouse for a few minutes reminded me just how much wrist pain I am avoiding.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #807 on: Sat, 10 December 2016, 10:45:58 »
My CM Spawn was getting old and worn out (although sensors were still pretty good) so went out and got a CM Xornet 2 since I only do claw-grip.  :)

Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #808 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 04:25:26 »
Logitech Trackman, AKA god's own trackball. It's so good I don't even really mind that it lacks a scroll wheel. It has unparalleled precision IMO. And who needs a mousepad?

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #809 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 23:22:09 »
Well a little update, I had been using my g303 for quite a while, but then the g403 released and I got one of those, now that is my daily driver mouse.
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #810 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 23:24:29 »
Couple month now with my Ergopwn 9000...

Every other mouse is Inferior...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #811 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 23:25:16 »
Been using the CM Storm Spawn for a while, really liking the feel of it even with a palm grip.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #812 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 07:12:35 »
Been using the CM Storm Spawn for a while, really liking the feel of it even with a palm grip.

Flat mice may feel fine (in hand)..  but they all cause wrist problems given extensive use..

There's just no way around crossing the radius and ulna (bones),   when using a flat mouse..

The accounts for the majority of gaming pains..

When these bones crossed, they pinch nerves/muscle and ligaments between them,  eventually , serious pain.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #813 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 09:14:02 »
Found an older generic ps/2 optical mouse a few weeks ago. It spins out sporadically, but now I understand low cpi/optical hype. If I flick with my forearm I can game for a few hours without wrist fatigue. neat stuff

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #814 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 18:34:50 »
IF you used a trackball you would have NO wrist fatigue ever.... just sayin!  :D :D :D

My Logitech M570 is basically my HP Stream mouse now (the laptop i inherited from my girlfriend for free when she got a retina MBP... running Debian with touchpad disabled  ;D)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #815 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 18:54:45 »
I have a trackball. I love the idea of my Logitech marble mouse but I hate the inconsistency. I clean it before and after use but the damn thing won't track consistently. I'm tired of that. If CST made an optical version of the CST2545-5W I might reconsider. But until then..

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #816 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 20:32:03 »
I'm using logitech g900 for FPS, and DA elite when playing MOBA. Probably because g900 is a little bit heavier. It makes me aim better  ;D

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #817 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 22:49:44 »
I have G502 on my right and Kensington Expert Mouse on my left ;D

Offline Bucake

« Reply #818 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 07:08:06 »
G102. not a fan :-( in no way a bad mouse, but i just hate the coating-less ABS..

i've ordered a G403 and it should be here soon. hopefully it'll finally get me to stop buying more mice :'(

If CST made an optical version of the CST2545-5W I might reconsider. But until then..

not speaking from experience, but i think laser-illumination should be fine for trackballs. unfortunately all the higher-tier trackballs are rather expensive, so i've never given them a try. i'm still curious what sensors are in the high-tier trackballs..
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 January 2017, 07:21:12 by Bucake »
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #819 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 09:54:38 »
Sorry to break it to you, but then you'll want a g900 next lol  :))

Probably my favorite mouse speaking of the g900, heavy enough and all the moving freedom, it's beautiful!
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #820 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 12:37:20 »
G102. not a fan :-( in no way a bad mouse, but i just hate the coating-less ABS..

Unfortunately using the same molded rubber method as the G403, would have unfortunately increased the weight to 90+, and textured ABS seemed to be the best compromise in the end. :/

Offline Judicator

« Reply #821 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 13:26:42 »
Roccat Tyon.
The best mouse I've ever had, costs an arm and a leg but it is a quality product.

Offline gmmjohn

« Reply #822 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 20:22:55 »
Just picked up a Zowie EC1-A. Can't wait for it to come. Been using a G300s, which has my favorite button setup ever, it's just far too small.
linear for life

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #823 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 21:10:14 »
i've ordered a G403 and it should be here soon. hopefully it'll finally get me to stop buying more mice :'(

In your Dreams Bukkie  ;) .

No such thing as STOP buying more mice, it does not compute in our world. 

We are condemned to buy every new release of these type of instruments forever more.  The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #824 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 12:50:11 »

In your Dreams Bukkie  ;) .

No such thing as STOP buying more mice, it does not compute in our world. 

We are condemned to buy every new release of these type of instruments forever more.  The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

I've actually been pretty stable on mice.  My laptop has an old MS mouse bought about 10 years ago.  My desktop is still rocking a Logitech G5.  Though I may be picking up a Zowie EC-1A soon enough in the hopes that it's slightly more ergonomically comfy.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #825 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 06:44:17 »
Just received a Kensington Wireless Expert Mouse today.
It's the first trackball that I own.

So far the only problem is its scroll wheel. For me that is not the problem of smoothness, from another post I think Kensington removed the magnet for scroll wheel in this wireless model, the problem is that the scroll wheel wiggles a little bit. So when you press your finger on it, not really scrolling or anything, and then raise your finger again, it will make a noise when the scroll wheel gets back to its original position. This noise is a bit annoying because it's as loud or even louder than the sound of key press of a buckling spring keyboard.

A good scroll ring with well engineered bearings and housing should stay stable when pressed. If it is designed like this way, at least make the wiggle cushioned so there'll not be noises like that.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #826 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 00:42:32 »
Razer Deathadder Left-handed edition, for the rest of my life until the decide to make a EC1 in left hand... **** my life.

Offline Corsa1r

« Reply #827 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:28:53 »
Using the newer Corsair Sabre RGB.  For what I paid, it's a phenomenal product with a really interesting/fun shape/design.
Ducky Shine 4 - Mx Blues // Ganss G.S-87 - Mx Browns // Type-S HHKB 45g // FC660M - Mx Reds

Offline Heist

• Warchief of the Horde
« Reply #828 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 15:59:24 »

Probably my favorite mouse speaking of the g900, heavy enough and all the moving freedom, it's beautiful!

I got Gpro, then G403, and now I want g900  :))

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #829 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 19:25:25 »

Can confirm. have all three.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #830 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:17:56 »
I think 403 wireless is the best mouse for modding..  the mechanical wheel encoder really simplifies things and is transferable to any shell.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #831 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 21:27:00 »

Can confirm. have all three.

Same here  :thumb: .

Offline En_Ex

« Reply #832 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 18:42:39 »
Logitech G502. I've been using the G5 series for years (on my third one) and love 'em. The endless scroll wheel mode is lovely.

Offline atarione

« Reply #833 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 20:31:33 »
after ~2yrs my MLG Sensei started to eat it...

so I just bought a Zowie ZA11 ... quite liking it so far.. I have pretty big hands and like to palm grip it is just about perfect for my needs after a couple days here.

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #834 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 00:12:22 »
Going on about a year now with the MX Master. I really like this mouse, although I do wish it had a bit more grip to the coating. The texture is nice, but it can be a bit slick at times. Leaps and bounds above the POS logitech I had been using prior though

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #835 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 08:49:52 »
MX Master on iTechDeals for $59.99 right now if anyone is interested: http://www.itechdeals.com/logitech-mx-master-wireless-large-mouse.html?

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #836 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 21:27:08 »
I m using Zowie EC2-A benq right now  :thumb:

good choice man! simple is the best  :thumb:

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #837 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 21:29:42 »
I use a piece of **** razer deathadder chroma that crashes my macbook everytime i plug it in...
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #838 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 15:44:39 »
trackman or m570 or bust

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #839 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 07:09:38 »
G900; best mouse I've ever used. Tracking is flawless, latency is imperceptible. I don't know how they managed to do it wireless, but I'm glad they did.

I use a fingertip grip with low DPI and I tend to lift the mouse often. A common problem I have is if the side of the mouse is too vertical, I have to grip hard to lift and my ring finger gets irritated quickly. The G900 has ever so gently sloped sides with no sharp edges which, coupled with its light weight, makes it effortless to lift. The surface tuning feature keeps the liftoff distance extremely low which also helps when lifting the mouse.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline nxtruong

« Reply #840 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 08:33:06 »
I use a piece of **** razer deathadder chroma that crashes my macbook everytime i plug it in...

I use a DA for almost 4 years without any problems. Just replace it with a DA elite. Not much improvement except the PBT plastic.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #841 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 06:19:55 »
PBT?? deathadder elite?? what gave you that idea?

Offline bastones

« Reply #842 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 07:04:45 »
I use the Zelesouris Ergonomic Vertical Mouse. Couldn't live without it, it's great.

Anyone else an ergonomic mouse user?

Offline m3ll3n

« Reply #843 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 18:53:39 »
I have the original finalmouse, but I dislike how the "grip" collects dirt and stuff

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #844 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 21:02:40 »
I use the Zelesouris Ergonomic Vertical Mouse. Couldn't live without it, it's great.

Anyone else an ergonomic mouse user?

Checkout my ergopwn 9000 in the signature link below

Offline northpark

« Reply #845 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 07:44:18 »
Logitech G500...gaming purposes.  I wish I could tolerate wireless.

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #846 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 21:14:36 »
Zowie FK1 has been my go to for the last few years.  I am looking to go back to Logitech with some of their new releases and see if they are any good however.  Some of their top end sensors seem to be quite nice without too many frills.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #847 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 03:00:35 »
I currently use a Naos 7000, but I have a Castor ordered on Massdrop that I'm looking forward to.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #848 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 20:50:10 »
PBT?? deathadder elite?? what gave you that idea?

Poor soul, probably has made the mistake of linking the current Ducky Mouse models to Razer's current abortion, known as the "Elite"  :)) .

A few of the newbs keep focusing upon that false narrative, makes them feel happy about buying a Razer product, until they actually see their mistake close up....

Offline jihadu

« Reply #849 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 03:05:47 »
Steelseries rival 100. Great budget mouse

Enviado do meu GT-i8730 através de Tapatalk