Author Topic: [IC] SA Geoma | MOQ Reached + GB Extension  (Read 47217 times)

Offline YMwoo

Re: [IC] SA Geoma | GB Announced
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 01:14:39 »
Was very excited for this, pretty color, great price.
But the missing ergo kit makes it a no go for me.
GLWGB though.

Offline DerBonk

• I'm just this guy, you know.
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 03:26:46 »
Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. The re-inclusion of the Valknut also made the novelties unappealing to me. I still love the colors, but the kits just don't work for me. GLWGB!
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 November 2021, 03:28:33 by DerBonk »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 11:00:08 »
I do not understand why there are multiple keysets of varying profiles that have different names yet are the same color scheme
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline kimosabe

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 16:59:52 »
Beautiful set, any chance this might come out in a smaller profile? the SA would be harder for me to type on due to height. thanks

Offline euro3er

Re: [IC] SA Geoma | GB Live
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 14:21:14 »
Just purchased! I bought the light alphas, novelties, dark mods, dark plexus deskmat, and the dark hibi metal artisan!

Offline kipawazi

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 20 November 2021, 18:55:02 »
Hi, why no two 1u spacekey for ortho keyboard? :(

Offline DerBonk

• I'm just this guy, you know.
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 13:18:00 »
Hi, why no two 1u spacekey for ortho keyboard? :(

There was a really good ortho/40s kit, but unfortunately it did not make it to GB.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 17:09:10 »

Offline andromache

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 18:15:44 »
Group buy thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115346.0

Thanks for sharing!! Lately I've been more confused seeing IC threads still active even though there's now a GB thread....shouldn't the IC threads be closed once the GB starts?

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 22:46:35 »
Group buy thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115346.0

Thanks for sharing!! Lately I've been more confused seeing IC threads still active even though there's now a GB thread....shouldn't the IC threads be closed once the GB starts?
In some cases, the GB thread takes a while to get approved (i.e. in this case Oli (OP) didn't have enough prerequisite minimum posts), so there's no other thread in the meantime to discuss the GB. I've informed Oli to lock this topic once he has a GB thread up.
Anyways it's up to the OPs to do it and mods to enforce it. Given that it is a thankless task to police which IC threads should be closed/locked with how many GBs are going on these days, I don't think it's the biggest deal. Especially compared to people necroing old meme threads/ICs pointlessly and toxic comments.

Offline Shorle

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 17:14:46 »
Has there been a silent change in kitting or does the EU vendor only have half the render pictures for the NorDe set?
MyKeyboard EU and the GB thread only show the light variant of the kit, no dark variant available it seems.
I wish things like this were communicated. I can only imagine what other kind of things don't get communicated then ...
GLWGB

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 17:52:42 »
Has there been a silent change in kitting or does the EU vendor only have half the render pictures for the NorDe set?
MyKeyboard EU and the GB thread only show the light variant of the kit, no dark variant available it seems.
I wish things like this were communicated. I can only imagine what other kind of things don't get communicated then ...
GLWGB

Best to discuss group buys in their GB threads.  I know this one wasn't up immediately, but neither SA Geoma's GB OP nor any of the vendors ever showed a dark NorDe kit.

Offline olihaimar

Re: [IC] SA Geoma | GB Extension, New Direction & Open-source Legends
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 05:49:22 »
With SA Geoma's primary objective to get a new open-source set of molds made for SA R3, we've decided to rework the kitting to be less segmented and have extended the GB December to January, with exact dates to be released upon vendor pricing confirmation.
In order to concentrate our sales for molding, we've decided set the colorway to our original selection and have also trimmed the kitting.

Yes, these molds will be open-source. If you are a keycap designer, these new modifier icon molds will be available for you to use on your Signature Plastics SA R3 colourways for free. If you like cheaper keycap sets, this is a great way to support future sets with bespoke icons.

We've had a slow start to our GB, but we're keen to bring things back and get this awesome set in your hands.

So, what are the changes?
- Light Alphas and Dark Modifiers have been merged into the Base Kit
- Dark Alphas and Light Modifiers have been removed
- Numpad, NorDeUK and Spacebar kits have been trimmed to match the Base Kit
- Ortho40s have been removed (extra moulds and high MOQs inflate the price of the entire set)

For those of you that had previously purchased any of the kits that have been modified or removed, you should receive an email from your vendor shortly with your options for refund or modifying your order.

Thank you so much to those of you supporting Geoma, my wonderfully patient and flexible vendors, the assistance of all my friends to make this happen!

Offline olihaimar

Re: [IC] SA Geoma | GB Extension, New Direction & Open-source Legends
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 05:49:35 »
Edit: Deleted duplicate comment

Offline olihaimar

Re: [IC] SA Geoma | MOQ Reached + GB Extension
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 23:04:39 »
SA GEOMA | UPDATE ON GB EXTENSION + FULFILLED MOQ

Firstly, thanks for your support with SA Geoma. We've been able to meet MOQ with 7/8 kits (🪦 rip Light Mods) with our vendor's assistance.
We'll be able to create all the molds we were originally planning to, with the exception of the custom alpha keys.

What does this mean?
- SA Geoma's first GB phase will NOT be cancelled.
- Light Mods WILL be cancelled. If you purchased this kit, you will receieve communication from your vendor on your options for refunds or order changes.
- SA Geoma will NOT have custom alphas like originally planned for price reduction. Renders are being re-done with the SA font. (the biggest differences are on "Q" and "M")

We understand many of your were expecting cancellation or GB extension, so we'll be re-opening the GB period from 13th Dec 2021 to 20th Dec 2021 so that you may put in your order!

Once again, thank you so much to those of you supporting Geoma, my wonderfully patient and flexible vendors, the assistance of all my friends to make this happen!

Offline piercejenkins

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 07:27:33 »
Can we get an update on this. I feel like we’re never getting this set.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 01:45:34 »
Can we get an update on this. I feel like we’re never getting this set.

Better to discuss on the GB thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115346