Author Topic: Lifting Mask Mandate  (Read 2426 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Lifting Mask Mandate
« on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 21:45:46 »
Not enforcing masks is a Terrible idea.

Silver lining, natural selection will remove those racist old trump voters.

Thoughts ?

Offline F eq ma

Re: Lifting Mask Mandate
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 22:17:09 »
You said it well enough.   This virus is not done with society.   It does not care about borders, politics, age, gender, or wealth status.  In the US alone, nearly twice as many died to this virus than all of the years in WW2.   That is tough to comprehend.   No one likes masks.  No one.   But, it is a simple thing that can save lives.   Please get vaccinated and be safe.   I need more people to design cool **** that empties my wallet.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 22:32:40 »
Latest tally on undercounted deaths, puts total at roughly 950,000 Covid deaths.

That's as much as the entire civilian + military US ww2 casualties.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 05:14:54 »
Latest tally on undercounted deaths, puts total at roughly 950,000 Covid deaths.

That's as much as the entire civilian + military US ww2 casualties.

According to sources online, smoking yearly kills more people in the US than they lost in ww2. So im not really sure how shocked im supposed to be.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 07:16:38 »
The early estimate in this was something like 1.4mil if we did things right, 3.6 on the high. 

We didn't do things right, so tack on at least 500-600k right off the bottom so I'm going to say we probably will have a final(?) tally of around 2mil before it's over.  While it means we're about half way done with deaths, it's going to take much longer for the dying to end.

Get vaccinated or get vaccinated by natural selection.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 08:44:23 »

before it's over.

I don't think that it will be "over" ....

Covid will move to the background and join the congregation of diseases that lurk and expand when opportunities arise.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 19:46:57 »
These vaccination receipt cards suck.

No foil holo emblem, no chip, no mag strip, nothing.

They should put Holo pokemons on them, ery1'll pile in to get vaxxed.

Collectible vaccination Holo Foils. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 20:04:11 »

before it's over.

I don't think that it will be "over" ....

Covid will move to the background and join the congregation of diseases that lurk and expand when opportunities arise.

Exactly. It will never be over, we can't wear masks forever. Eventually each country will need to decide when to give people the freedom to choose, because people are getting quite sick of this **** after 2 years. I'm not looking forward to wearing a bowl of sweat soup on my face come Summer time for 11hrs a day.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 21:41:53 »
Bad idea for us

Offline kizuna

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 07:05:58 »
Not enforcing masks is a Terrible idea.

Silver lining, natural selection will remove those racist old trump voters.

Thoughts ?

Getting Covid-19 is not a death sentence for everyone.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 08:21:08 »
The people who have been wearing masks all along are the same people who have gotten vaccinated.

It is illogical but not uncommon for people who benefit from the largess of others to turn around resent them.

This country is critically ill from an epidemic of aggressive stupidity.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline jamster

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 09:58:14 »
The people who have been wearing masks all along are the same people who have gotten vaccinated.

It is illogical but not uncommon for people who benefit from the largess of others to turn around resent them.

Perhaps in the US, but not so out in Asia.

I'm in a place where everyone wears masks, even when sitting as the driver in an otherwise empty car, or out hiking. But less than 20% of the population is vaccinated, and the vaccination centres are close to empty.

Mask usage does not equate to any sort of sense, unfortunately out here mask usage appears to be just part of mindless herd behaviour (the dumb stuff with masks I've seen out here is depressing, but some of it is also funny, like the couple trying to share a goodbye kiss, both masked up.)
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 June 2021, 09:59:51 by jamster »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 10:14:17 »

Perhaps in the US, but not so out in Asia.

I'm in a place where everyone wears masks, even when sitting as the driver in an otherwise empty car, or out hiking. But less than 20% of the population is vaccinated, and the vaccination centres are close to empty.

Mask usage does not equate to any sort of sense, unfortunately out here mask usage appears to be just part of mindless herd behaviour (the dumb stuff with masks I've seen out here is depressing, but some of it is also funny, like the couple trying to share a goodbye kiss, both masked up.)

other hughmahnnns, their unique microbes and viruses,  contact = invasion.

Never again.  indoor cat.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 11:45:59 »

or out hiking

the couple trying to share a goodbye kiss, both masked up

That is beyond absurd. I almost never felt threatened when outside, between natural breezes and sunlight the chance of gathering a critical mass of the virus seemed almost impossible.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 11:48:17 »

or out hiking

That is beyond absurd. I almost never felt threatened when outside, between natural breezes and sunlight the chance of gathering a critical mass of the virus seemed almost impossible.

asians don't kiss,  jamster iz lies.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 12:41:49 »
I'm still masking despite my county having a super-high vaccination percentage. People already looking at me funny.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 13:37:02 »
I'm still masking despite my county having a super-high vaccination percentage. People already looking at me funny.

We could just wear it forever, that'll show um'

CAFO will only exponential increase the pathogens going around, it's perfectly logical.

We're living resident-evil.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 02:53:16 »
Wyfe wants to put her "Vaccinated" button they gave her on her kn95 when she goes out. Haha.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 03:18:57 »
I still have paranoid concerns about the long term effects of such a rushed vaccine. Pushing out some mass global dosage that people clamor to get out of sheer fear is treading on thin Orwellian ice. But I'm 99.9% probably just being paranoid.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 03:33:43 »
I still have paranoid concerns about the long term effects of such a rushed vaccine. Pushing out some mass global dosage that people clamor to get out of sheer fear is treading on thin Orwellian ice. But I'm 99.9% probably just being paranoid.

I'm tell y'all, POLYESTER... /arms folded.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113217.0

Offline jamster

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 04:41:56 »

or out hiking

Some good ones that stick out in my memory- hiking up one of the highest peaks here there were a fair number of people hiking (but far, far safer than being indoors in a shopping centre) and passed two guys in 3M respirators. I happen to be familiar with respirators, and noticed that one of them was using the wrong cartridges anyway- he was using cartridges for VOCs rather than particle filtration.

Or early on, watching some old guy tear off his mask just in time not to sully it with his huge sneeze, then put it back on.

Of the many people who've dropped/lost their masks for whatever reason continue to go around with something else held vaguely in front of their face- wadded up tissues, shopping bags, and in one case a folded umbrella.