Author Topic: Option for split matrix keyboard  (Read 3300 times)

Offline mharrison

Option for split matrix keyboard
« on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 11:40:03 »
Long time lurker. First post. Spend all day at work on a unicomp with trackpoint. Have broken an MS4000, and occasionally use thinkpad and apple aluminum keyboards.

The TE keyboard is intriguing to me. I like the matrix idea, but would prefer a split design. I've seen the group buy for the split board which is also interesting.

Has anyone used acess-is? Seems like you could wire 2
aKC048 (would post link but can't since first post)  keyboards together and get split matrix in mechanical pretty easily.

Comments?

Offline sordna

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 12:31:09 »
I've been lusting after a pair of AKC048 myself. Somebody has done it with a larger model:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?10874-Access-keyboards&p=303040&viewfull=1#post303040

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 33746[/ATTACH]
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 17:13:49 »
I've seen a picture of Dual tipro's hero on geekhack before, so that's probably an option, as well.

Offline sordna

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 17:37:41 »
Tipro's are either too small or too large. The AKC048 seems to have the perfect size for a fully functional split keyboard.

Hey mharrison, forgot to mention: Welcome to GH !

By the way, there's a custom split matrix keyboard proposal by Dox, check it out, if it happens it will be awesome:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?22780-Interest-Check-Custom-split-ergo-keyboard

you can subscribe to that thread and mention if you are interested in one of these...
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard