Author Topic: [IC] GMK NERVE / GB DATE CONFIRMED AND MORE!  (Read 35765 times)

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
Re: [IC] GMK NERVE
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 04:13:22 »
Can't wait to see the colormatching. lol
Colour matching is already mostly done :)

Offline nefario

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 15 March 2024, 14:11:04 »
Nice Set, hope to get it in ISO-DE Layout too, perhaps numpad keys will come anytime.

Online Manukbs_

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 02 April 2024, 06:09:09 »
-Larva renders and basic information added (pricing soon)
-Deskmats added
-GB artisans added
-GB Date added (pricing soon)
-Typo!works/ Masje added as a Taiwan vendor

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
Re: [IC] GMK NERVE / GB DATE CONFIRMED AND MORE!
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 02 April 2024, 06:19:26 »
ok day one purchase I need that Larva

Offline Gtour

• Just a random guy passionate about keyboards.
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 02 April 2024, 06:46:56 »
Novelty, artisan and deskmat design are cool af. You did an insanely good job with this set, I will cop :cool:

Offline ppatches24

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 02 April 2024, 10:47:33 »
No hoodie/1.5 super = no buy  >:D :'( :cool: :mad: :mad: :confused:

Hoodie + 1.5 super = buy 💸💸💸💸💸

Offline Axiom_

• Atelier Axiom
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 02 April 2024, 21:57:30 »
GMK NERVE

GB ARTISANS

Artisans by Nebula effects and Aiglatson Studio. Those artisans will be able to purchase through local GB vendors

Show Image

Show Image

This artisan keycap resembles one of our designs.

Our design for reference:

https://keycap-archivist.com/maker/atelier-axiom/

Care to explain the reason for the similarity of both the design and colour?
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2024, 01:18:43 by Axiom_ »

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 02 April 2024, 22:30:54 »

ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline LavenderB

• I believe in unix control supremacy
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 02:22:00 »
Just out of curiosity, will the larva be run by vendors or will it be self fulfilled by Baion?
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline Inftex15

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 04:59:47 »
GMK NERVE

GB ARTISANS

Artisans by Nebula effects and Aiglatson Studio. Those artisans will be able to purchase through local GB vendors

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hi, I am Sergio, the creator of the keycaps in Nebula.

First and foremost, I want to clarify that it was never my intention to create a design similar to yours. I was unaware of the design of your RK-0 key.

The reason why it shares a similar color is due to several factors. The colors chosen Nerve were purple and yellow, leaving me with two possible combinations. On January 1st, after our first day in Korea, we realized that the neon yellow would be challenging to work with in resin, so we opted for purple instead. Additionally, we believed that incorporating neon details would be a positive addition.

Upon returning from the Korean keyboard expo (myself and Manu), we decided to include the baion logo.

My partner and I began researching how to create the keycaps with nerve patterns before the korean expo. She came across this image of Nebrija University, which was exactly what we were looking for, and she designed something similar.

Subsequently, my partner, being a mechanical engineer unfamiliar with the hobby, finalized the design itinerary in a matter of hours (SOY_MEJO means IM_BETTER...).

When I saw her design, and without knowing yours beforehand, I knew it was perfect for Nerve. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Offline Axiom_

• Atelier Axiom
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 08:28:27 »
GMK NERVE

GB ARTISANS

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

First and foremost, I want to clarify that it was never my intention to create a design similar to yours. I was unaware of the design of your RK-0 key.

The reason why it shares a similar color is due to several factors. The colors chosen Nerve were purple and yellow, leaving me with two possible combinations. On January 1st, after our first day in Korea, we realized that the neon yellow would be challenging to work with in resin, so we opted for purple instead. Additionally, we believed that incorporating neon details would be a positive addition.

Upon returning from the Korean keyboard expo (myself and Manu), we decided to include the baion logo.

My partner and I began researching how to create the keycaps with nerve patterns before the korean expo. She came across this image of Nebrija University, which was exactly what we were looking for, and she designed something similar.

Show Image

Show Image

Subsequently, my partner, being a mechanical engineer unfamiliar with the hobby, finalized the design itinerary in a matter of hours (SOY_MEJO means IM_BETTER...).

Show Image

When I saw her design, and without knowing yours beforehand, I knew it was perfect for Nerve. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Show Image

Show Image

Hi Sergio, thank you for the prompt reply.

Now, as an artisan creator, you should be keenly aware of the substantial amount of research, development, experimentation, time and financial investment it takes to create and bring to life a truly novel design.

Our designs are parametrically adjustable and algorithmically generated. These state-of-the-art processes require significant time and financial investment to develop and fine-tune.

In contrast, a 3D artist can replicate a similar visual effect by hand within days using the right reference material, through techniques like connecting lines or sculpting. However, the parametric nature of our design—characterized by its non-uniform line thicknesses among other unique features—remains unmatched.

The current discussion does not concern the method or process but rather the glaring similarities in the design outcomes.

The issue has yet to be convincingly addressed.

I do recall that you got in touch with us on 15/02/2024 regarding the issue of similarity.

Show Image

However, why have you not responded to our request?

In spite of the initial unawareness, you were clearly aware of the design similarities by the time you reached out.

You had over a month to rectify the situation, make adjustments, or discuss it further with us. You did not make any further attempts to resolve the issue. This raises a significant question: Had this post not been noticed, was there intent to market the similar artisan design as unique without acknowledging existing ones?

With all the information at hand, why was this design still posted as part of the IC:

This version has no logo and bears a remarkable resemblance to our design.

You have not really provided concrete evidence other than "inspiration" material.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So, if I understood this correctly, you claim that the final design was not created by you and therefore you are somehow not at fault for the resemblance.

You are clearly leading us down the rabbit hole with your reasoning, whether intentionally or otherwise. It would be fruitless to follow you on this train of thought.

The bottom line is that if no action is taken on your part to rectify the issue, this will be treated as a brazen attempt at copyright infringement.

We will be forced to take necessary measures and unequivocally reserve the right to pursue legal action.

It would be inappropriate to continue this discussion in the IC thread.

If you sincerely wish to resolve this issue, please contact us privately.

Offline ppatches24

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 11:45:50 »
Axiom_ You look like a clown. AHAHHAHA CRY HARDER. You dont own the design of a Voronoi style keycaps. What a sore loser.

GMK NERVE

GB ARTISANS

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hi Sergio, thank you for the prompt reply.

Now, as an artisan creator, you should be keenly aware of the substantial amount of research, development, experimentation, time and financial investment it takes to create and bring to life a truly novel design.

Our designs are parametrically adjustable and algorithmically generated. These state-of-the-art processes require significant time and financial investment to develop and fine-tune.

In contrast, a 3D artist can replicate a similar visual effect by hand within days using the right reference material, through techniques like connecting lines or sculpting. However, the parametric nature of our design—characterized by its non-uniform line thicknesses among other unique features—remains unmatched.

The current discussion does not concern the method or process but rather the glaring similarities in the design outcomes.

The issue has yet to be convincingly addressed.

I do recall that you got in touch with us on 15/02/2024 regarding the issue of similarity.

Show Image

However, why have you not responded to our request?

In spite of the initial unawareness, you were clearly aware of the design similarities by the time you reached out.

You had over a month to rectify the situation, make adjustments, or discuss it further with us. You did not make any further attempts to resolve the issue. This raises a significant question: Had this post not been noticed, was there intent to market the similar artisan design as unique without acknowledging existing ones?

With all the information at hand, why was this design still posted as part of the IC:
Show Image

This version has no logo and bears a remarkable resemblance to our design.

You have not really provided concrete evidence other than "inspiration" material.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So, if I understood this correctly, you claim that the final design was not created by you and therefore you are somehow not at fault for the resemblance.

You are clearly leading us down the rabbit hole with your reasoning, whether intentionally or otherwise. It would be fruitless to follow you on this train of thought.

The bottom line is that if no action is taken on your part to rectify the issue, this will be treated as a brazen attempt at copyright infringement.

We will be forced to take necessary measures and unequivocally reserve the right to pursue legal action.

It would be inappropriate to continue this discussion in the IC thread.

If you sincerely wish to resolve this issue, please contact us privately.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2024, 11:49:15 by ppatches24 »

Offline keepoto

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 12:24:47 »
stop copying from sponges fellows

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 12:36:30 »
•Keycap Set has Purple as a Recurring Color

•Set is literally called Nerve as in Brain Cells/Synaptic Networks

"Hey only we can use purple and Voronoi in 3D. Stick to Flowers/Lotuses/Generic 2D Icons"

Dude seriously? What's next? Are you gonna go after KBDFans if they release the Holy60 in Purple?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline spingo

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 12:52:27 »
I don't know that the legal action threat holds much merit. You have a pretty large burden showing that the art was stolen or directly ripped off and not coincidentally looks the same.
If they have logs of development, changes, discussions, examples, re-makes and a different development process; might have trouble proving theft. Then again, art is weird territory. If two people have the same idea (separately), I don't know if it's whoever finishes the art piece first that just gets dibs; legally.

Then it would fall on the community and possibly mob mentality. Does everyone buy the narrative that it's stolen or ripped, and boycott the purchase of the piece and shame the artist? Or do they think it's not a big deal and let it go.

I think the public accusation stuff is cringey but I imagine if I thought someone ripped my art I'd be really annoyed too.

All that said, when you put the two caps next to each other it's kind of oof how similar they are.

Best of luck to both parties to come to an agreement or some kind of understanding. I'm sure if everything is legit both parties are equally annoyed with the other.

GLWIC lol
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2024, 12:54:09 by spingo »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 13:38:29 »
This geometry reminds me of an image from the 2021 conference paper "Effects of the 3D Geometry Reconstruction on the Estimation of 3D Porous Scaffold Permeability" written by Daniele Guarnera, Federica Iberite, Marco Piazzoni, Irini Gerges, Tommaso Santaniello, Lorenzo Vannozzi, Cristina Lenardi and Leonardo Ricotti.

Offline syntezrx

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 13:43:13 »
Is there any info regarding this? Otherwise I'm just gonna assume its AI generated, specially considering you are already talking in geekhack about the wonders of AI. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=121929.msg3176089#msg3176089

Offline CoCo_VJ

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 13:54:04 »
You said... "Substantial amount of research, development, experimentation, time and financial investment..." and the girl did the job in 3 hours. You should hire her hahaha

Offline Microck

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 13:56:44 »
GMK NERVE

GB ARTISANS

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Treating a scenario of parallel thinking as outright plagiarism after getting counter-argumented wont help your reputation nor your "legal pursuit", just a heads up
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2024, 14:08:24 by Microck »

Offline Microck

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 14:25:03 »
this usually gives false positives, but seeing you're fan of AI...
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2024, 14:43:24 by Microck »

Offline pelfox

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 15:26:02 »

you can't actually do a ****ing thing about this, you haven't copyrighted or patented anything, you have zero legal footing to do anything about this product in legal ways, you're just commenting here in the hopes of getting sympathy

the real question here is WHY are aussie makers in the mech keys space such pussies? you, that idiot stef who owns SWITCHKEYS, RAMA, almost every single company/maker from Australia (other than Dailyclack) is a straight up man child, cry baby ENTITLED idiot, always complaining or stirring up drama, you kangaroo people are a bunch of kids, grow the **** up

outta here with your pathetic chat GPT reasoning, nobody here actually cares, you can't do absolutely NOTHING to stop this and I challenge you to if you think you can. on top of that, if you spent more than a minute designing vonoroi geometry than yeah, hire that girl because they did in a couple hours what you took "days" and "lots of investment" to make, lmao - do you even have anything physical to show?

as a lawyer I had a blast reading your crap so as a matter of fact I hope you post more
en boca cerrada no entran moscas

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 18:40:24 »

you can't actually do a ****ing thing about this, you haven't copyrighted or patented anything, you have zero legal footing to do anything about this product in legal ways, you're just commenting here in the hopes of getting sympathy

the real question here is WHY are aussie makers in the mech keys space such pussies? you, that idiot stef who owns SWITCHKEYS, RAMA, almost every single company/maker from Australia (other than Dailyclack) is a straight up man child, cry baby ENTITLED idiot, always complaining or stirring up drama, you kangaroo people are a bunch of kids, grow the **** up

outta here with your pathetic chat GPT reasoning, nobody here actually cares, you can't do absolutely NOTHING to stop this and I challenge you to if you think you can. on top of that, if you spent more than a minute designing vonoroi geometry than yeah, hire that girl because they did in a couple hours what you took "days" and "lots of investment" to make, lmao - do you even have anything physical to show?

as a lawyer I had a blast reading your crap so as a matter of fact I hope you post more

si

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 20:37:42 »
Just out of curiosity, will the larva be run by vendors or will it be self fulfilled by Baion?
I just asked on Discord. It'll be run by Vendors

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 22:41:27 »

why are you trying to use kangaroo people as like a slur against australians lmao
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 23:55:08 »
could be Spanish slang. I'm hoping idiot is Spanish slang for legend.

Offline atkins

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 04 April 2024, 00:22:17 »
I tried to search this rk-01 Artisan but only found Royal Kludge keyboards.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2024, 00:39:45 by atkins »

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 04 April 2024, 03:49:00 »

As a Lawyer lmao!

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 04 April 2024, 23:59:21 »

why are you trying to use kangaroo people as like a slur against australians lmao

If aussies are absolutely shredded, afraid of nothing, and can balance on their tails, I want to be Australian.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 05 April 2024, 00:01:07 »
It's a shame this IC has seen nothing but sucker punches, wild accusations, and piss taking; the set is actually damn cool. I'll be looking to pick up a set if they're ever in-stock once the dust all settles.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 05 April 2024, 04:23:33 »
lil bro made two ****ing AI generated caps in his life and thinks he owns ****  ;D

https://www.instagram.com/atelier_axiom check this goldmine out
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 April 2024, 04:35:31 by tactilesbad »

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 05 April 2024, 04:26:21 »

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 05 April 2024, 21:39:56 »
just when i thought this ic was getting boring

i think i will buy the artisan just for this

Offline ppatches24

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 06 April 2024, 13:02:24 »
just when i thought this ic was getting boring

i think i will buy the artisan just for this

Literally same, I was not goin to get the nerve cap but after seeing Axicum_ cry so so so hard I now will buy it.

Offline Nuap

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 07:42:41 »
tldr; set is cool, axiom is a twat

Offline keepoto

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 11:44:54 »
atelier axiom more like atelier algorithm right

Online Manukbs_

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 16:39:44 »
China vendor added: VERTEX
India vendor added: NeoMacro
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 April 2024, 06:51:01 by Manukbs_ »

Offline keepoto

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 17:40:25 »
India vendor added: Stickeys

vertex can vendor GMK now? that's new

Online Manukbs_

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 04:50:35 »
India vendor added: Stickeys

vertex can vendor GMK now? that's new

He will be a subvendor managed by Jae

Online Manukbs_

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 14 April 2024, 07:12:12 »
-T-shirt and Hoodie added
-Pricing added
-GB Starts tomrrow

Offline Keebzncables

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 14 April 2024, 22:43:41 »

GMK Nerve's regional pussie says hello.

Offline samgo00

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 17 April 2024, 16:32:17 »
Nice set BUT anything involving Baion is a no no for me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Pixel 5 met Tapatalk