Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2612186 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 22:02:12 »
Need to decide if I want to keep this or the 660C... Sigh ~ This will be a hard one because I really can't afford to keep both... Spent the majority of my last paycheck from the part-time I just quit on this thing... Lol.

Show Image

hhkb

will definitely consider it, my friend... it's so pretty and sounds nice, except this spacebar is clacking when i bottom out on the right side but doesn't clack if I press from the left side... not the first time I've had this issue, and it's done this with 3 out of the 4 Topre spacebars I own. I'll have to post this in a separate thread sometime to see if anyone knows how to fix this.

Need to decide if I want to keep this or the 660C... Sigh ~ This will be a hard one because I really can't afford to keep both... Spent the majority of my last paycheck from the part-time I just quit on this thing... Lol.

Show Image

Amazing photo, dat texture
makes me hungry!

makes me hungry!
100% normal response

Rattles response amirite  :blank: :blank: :blank:

dat texture, seriously

Lol dubro and phobro, my loves <333 Thank you, like always, for your compliments. This thing is definitely a looker, and is definitely prettier than my 660C... I might end up picking this thing because it's so pretty, even if the 660C feels slightly better because of the plate... but HHKB sounds slightly better... but the layout on 660C is easier... I DUNNO!
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 November 2013, 22:04:21 by VesperSAINT »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #701 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 22:24:26 »

Show Image

How about you sell me those lime green blanks and keep both boards?!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #702 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 00:43:06 »

Show Image

Out of curiosity, where did you get the few random coloured keycaps from?

I have lavendar WASD, and yellow Esc straight from Halverson himself, but the only other ones I have seen are complete sets from the likes of EK.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #703 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 00:46:49 »

Show Image

sell that to me and i'll do that spacebar justice
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #704 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 00:55:53 »

Show Image

How about you sell me those lime green blanks and keep both boards?!

That is such a tempting thought!!!!!!!!!! But I can't :( You would be the first person to know if I change my mind though ;)

Show Image

Out of curiosity, where did you get the few random coloured keycaps from?

I have lavendar WASD, and yellow Esc straight from Halverson himself, but the only other ones I have seen are complete sets from the likes of EK.

The red blanks can obviously be purchased on EK, but the Lime Green caps are from the whole Realforce keycap set.

Show Image

sell that to me and i'll do that spacebar justice

Teehee ~ If I ever decide to sell it, I'll be sure to let you know, good sir ;)

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #705 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 02:32:53 »
I need to take some appropriately sexy photos of my board to adequately express my lust for it...

But I have news. My mother, after forcefully telling me "No I like my keyboard, I don't need to change".... she has told me she's jealous of how my keyboard sounds when I type at night, and thinks her keyboard sounds gross a mushy now in comparison. I've shown her videos on what some other keyboards sound like, got her to try the one MX Brown tester I have, and let her try my Leopold FC660C... and now she's in love with my board and wants a Topre of her own.  :p (She even was originally dead set on getting a backlit keyboard, but now she just wants a keyboard like mine.)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #706 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 05:25:54 »
Show Image

;D

Love itttttt.. The dark and cleanness + clacks.,  :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #707 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 06:51:54 »
will definitely consider it, my friend... it's so pretty and sounds nice, except this spacebar is clacking when i bottom out on the right side but doesn't clack if I press from the left side... not the first time I've had this issue, and it's done this with 3 out of the 4 Topre spacebars I own. I'll have to post this in a separate thread sometime to see if anyone knows how to fix this.

I believe somewhere I read of a crazy idea to fill the spacebar with hot glue....and/or lube the stabilizers.....I don't know that I'd go with the glue but just an idea....now if I could find the thread I read it in.....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #708 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 19:39:06 »
I need to take some appropriately sexy photos of my board to adequately express my lust for it...

But I have news. My mother, after forcefully telling me "No I like my keyboard, I don't need to change".... she has told me she's jealous of how my keyboard sounds when I type at night, and thinks her keyboard sounds gross a mushy now in comparison. I've shown her videos on what some other keyboards sound like, got her to try the one MX Brown tester I have, and let her try my Leopold FC660C... and now she's in love with my board and wants a Topre of her own.  :p (She even was originally dead set on getting a backlit keyboard, but now she just wants a keyboard like mine.)

At least she hasn't tried to take your keyboard!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #709 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:14:21 »
Goddamn this is a purrdy thing..

HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #710 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:24:55 »

Show Image

mmm tasty

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #711 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:19:55 »

Show Image

Isn't it!

Mirror of mine, except mine has 3D CC top right and yellow Esc top left.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #712 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:29:35 »

Show Image

Isn't it!

I really want to put another CC on it but it becomes overkill ;P Simple + symmetry is perfection.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #713 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:57:01 »

Show Image

Isn't it!

I really want to put another CC on it but it becomes overkill ;P Simple + symmetry is perfection.

Overkill, as in too many CCs on one HHKB?

Sorry, I don't understand what that means ...

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #714 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 04:40:53 »

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #715 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:14:20 »

Show Image

Isn't it!

Overkill, as in too many CCs on one HHKB?

Sorry, I don't understand what that means ...

Touché!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #716 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:19:34 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:54:58 by esoomenona »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #717 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 13:26:00 »
Thanks so much to Bunny! These bad boys only spent about four months scared and alone in the wilds of postal limbo, but they arrived safe and sound.

(Attachment Link)

^^ very nice! Maybe my donatello will magically appear one of these days!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #718 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 16:11:16 »
Thanks so much to Bunny! These bad boys only spent about four months scared and alone in the wilds of postal limbo, but they arrived safe and sound.

(Attachment Link)

Nice choice of colours!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #719 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 16:28:12 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:55:14 by esoomenona »

Offline Sai

« Reply #720 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 20:39:28 »

(Attachment Link)

i should be getting it this week if singpost doesnt screw up like it did with my dolch.  :)
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Emospence

« Reply #721 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 20:43:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Are those red keycaps just the ones for Realforce?
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #722 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 20:52:56 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:55:31 by esoomenona »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #723 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 21:22:53 »
What do you mean, exactly, by just the ones for Realforce?

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys&pid=hh_redwasd

I was under the impression there were subtle differences between RF and HHKB keycaps.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #724 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 21:25:36 »
What do you mean, exactly, by just the ones for Realforce?

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys&pid=hh_redwasd

I was under the impression there were subtle differences between RF and HHKB keycaps.

Nope. Just the right shift for the HHKB.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #725 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 21:59:53 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:55:51 by esoomenona »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #726 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:24:33 »
lol, that link you posted even has a picture of those caps on a HHKB.

Oops lmao.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #727 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:25:20 »
Nope. Just the right shift for the HHKB.

Ahh..

Offline morpheus

« Reply #728 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:16:04 »

This is so awesome. Another convert to mechanical keyboards. You can't go wrong with browns or Topres.

Offline antman4040

« Reply #729 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 08:52:13 »
i'm about to add a bit more colour to my beloved HHKB.. :)

HHKB pro 2

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #730 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 13:01:43 »
My baby is already in this topic, but I just flipped the spacebar and was feeling like she deserved some Topreciation:

42880-0

42882-1
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #731 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 13:03:23 »
My baby is already in this topic, but I just flipped the spacebar and was feeling like she deserved some Topreciation:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

dat texture. nice.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #732 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 16:13:24 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
I think the spacebar is fine in the normal position but whatever the user finds more comfortable. But flipped they look a little silly and unattractive.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 November 2013, 07:22:16 by MJ45 »

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #733 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 20:08:33 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

dat texture. nice.

Why do they have to be so pretty?
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #734 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 07:42:10 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

dat texture. nice.

Why do they have to be so pretty?

It's a trap!!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #735 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 07:57:46 »

I just got this 87UW-45 and I just put the gray keys back on my 87USD-10th.
I think this 45g uniform is the best keyboard I've ever used.  It's so perfect. ^-^

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #736 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 13:16:51 »
I have a pic request - 87UW with all yellow caps

Wondering how this will look.  Thank you!
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline Sai

« Reply #737 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 20:40:34 »
excuse the potato but here's mine. i must say i am really liking the "thock".

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #738 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 20:59:05 »

Show Image

you finally got one! congrats!!!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #739 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 21:01:00 »
Show Image

I think this 45g uniform is the best keyboard I've ever used.  It's so perfect. ^-^

I figure this is the right place to ask. I notice your lime green Topre keycaps are for sale...what did you replace them with on that aluminum RF case?

Offline Sai

« Reply #740 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 21:07:07 »

Show Image

you finally got one! congrats!!!

thank you. !!

Offline redskull

« Reply #741 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 21:39:32 »

Show Image

congrats bro. how much did you got it for? and where from?

Offline Forsythe

« Reply #742 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 23:09:20 »

Show Image

Your Phantom looks great.  :thumb:

Offline Emospence

« Reply #743 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 23:52:40 »
Show Image

The 10th anni edition is 55g yes?

You prefer the 45g over it?

Offline Sai

« Reply #744 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 00:23:14 »

Show Image

congrats bro. how much did you got it for? and where from?

got it in a trade. paid $130 from my end and something else.

Show Image

Your Phantom looks great.  :thumb:

Thank you !!  :)

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #745 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 13:17:37 »
Am I crazy for having blank keys on my HHKB (which I love), but also find myself lusting after the printed caps? I think the legends look so classic and professional. Elitekeyboards.com is a damn temptress.

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #746 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 13:25:06 »
Am I crazy for having blank keys on my HHKB (which I love), but also find myself lusting after the printed caps? I think the legends look so classic and professional. Elitekeyboards.com is a damn temptress.

I know exactly what you mean :thumb:
Really tempted to pick up a set 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #747 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 00:01:41 »
Printed HHKB keycaps have that classic look - beige and gray.

Given all the fancy coloured keycap sets available now, that is so minimalistic it matches the HHKB layout.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #748 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 00:05:04 »
Show Image

The 10th anni edition is 55g yes?

You prefer the 45g over it?

The 10th is Variable weights.  It's hard to say which I like better.  They are actually pretty close.

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #749 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 00:18:30 »
Printed HHKB keycaps have that classic look - beige and gray.

Given all the fancy coloured keycap sets available now, that is so minimalistic it matches the HHKB layout.

I agree 100%