Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2617302 times)

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1100 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:04:06 »
Nice! Similar to my set up :)

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1101 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:45:21 »
Those turquoise blanks really do look great, I want to do a full top row of them but it would be over $150  :eek:

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #1102 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 15:59:03 »
Show Image

Mmm that mint gum setttttttttt
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #1103 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:07:26 »
My humble HHKB as it is today:

(Attachment Link)
is it weird that your keyboard reminds me of a hospital? I don't know why, maybe those milky colors  :))
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1104 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:21:58 »
Show Image

Oh wow you have a mint fn clack and blank that is amazing.  :eek:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1105 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 18:33:27 »
Show Image

Dat function :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1106 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 22:26:54 »
I think we need more photos in here..

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1107 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 23:45:58 »
Ahhh....so jelly of your skeletor clack!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1108 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 23:48:47 »
so coooool =p~

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #1109 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 00:48:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

So nice...

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #1110 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 02:14:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

**** the bed!!  :-X
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1111 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 12:06:18 »
Show Image

Holy cow, between this keyboard and the custom key caps this keyboard must of cost a fortune for all those custom caps, because I know my Leopold fc with the custom realforce red keycaps cost me all together 275 roughly. So, just wanted to give some respect for the amount of money you put into this keyboard looking rad.
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1112 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 12:09:11 »
Ahhh....so jelly of your skeletor clack!

Thanks!

so coooool =p~

Thank You! :)

Show Image

Show Image

So nice...

Thank You!

Show Image

Show Image

hahaha

Show Image

Holy cow, between this keyboard and the custom key caps this keyboard must of cost a fortune for all those custom caps, because I know my Leopold fc with the custom realforce red keycaps cost me all together 275 roughly. So, just wanted to give some respect for the amount of money you put into this keyboard looking rad.

Yeah its a fun hobby being a collector. :) Thanks!

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1113 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:26:29 »

Show Image

Show Image

Hey I was hoping you can tell me where you got you clack keys, I know they tend to go for a decent amount, but I would like to know because I have only been a member for a few months and would like to check them out. Also, wanted to say the two skeletors on all black board looks really cool and classy. I have a Leopold fc660c with Realforce red key caps across the board which I actually liked more than I was thinking I would and not to mention getting the matching black and red usb cable helps it go with the whole red and black theme with my pc and this kind of happened by chance due to the fact that EK was out of stock with most of my preferences and then I figured why not continue the theme because it looked good imo. So, just want to pay a compliment where it was earned. Take care man any information you could give me on some custom keys for my Leo I would be really appreciate it.

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #1114 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:28:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

Hey I was hoping you can tell me where you got you clack keys, I know they tend to go for a decent amount, but I would like to know because I have only been a member for a few months and would like to check them out. Also, wanted to say the two skeletors on all black board looks really cool and classy. I have a Leopold fc660c with Realforce red key caps across the board which I actually liked more than I was thinking I would and not to mention getting the matching black and red usb cable helps it go with the whole red and black theme with my pc and this kind of happened by chance due to the fact that EK was out of stock with most of my preferences and then I figured why not continue the theme because it looked good imo. So, just want to pay a compliment where it was earned. Take care man any information you could give me on some custom keys for my Leo I would be really appreciate it.

Dustin gets his clacks from classifieds for big $$$$$$'s

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1115 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:30:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Hey, thank you! One is Skeletor and one is P1 Purple. You have to just watch the Classifieds. There are some for sale right now. Also CC does 4Grabs in his Vendor thread and EK Sales.
Good Luck!

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1116 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:54:07 »

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1117 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:37:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

That's a pretty unfair assumption. Dustin is well liked in this community and you'd be surprised as to what could happen between other members. Being a solid dude on geekhack and trading/favors doesnt mean you have to have deep pockets to get something you are after.

P.s. Awesome clack Dustin you are the king of purple
sell out and eat ass

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1118 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:39:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

That's a pretty unfair assumption. Dustin is well liked in this community and you'd be surprised as to what could happen between other members. Being a solid dude on geekhack and trading/favors doesnt mean you have to have deep pockets to get something you are after.

This is very true, I have some good friends here. Purple is the best! Besides Orange :) Thanks man.  ;)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1119 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:47:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

No such things as friends in the clack game lil homie.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #1120 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:47:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

This is very true, I have some good friends here. Purple is the best! Besides Orange :) Thanks man.  ;)

How much did you pay for these beauties?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1121 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:51:01 »
That's a rude thing to ask.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #1122 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 01:09:25 »

Sure could use a bro bot...  :'(

Family photo with the HE-400
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1123 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 01:15:50 »
Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful boards, beautiful headphones. Soup for you.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1124 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 01:16:31 »
Ugh those space bars

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1125 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 01:29:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

Some great boards right there!

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1126 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 02:45:26 »
Hey, hey guys, hey, listen... Spacebars.... No  :-\

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #1127 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 08:08:11 »
Show Image

Show Image

Some great spacebars right there!
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1128 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 09:33:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

Hey, thank you! One is Skeletor and one is P1 Purple. You have to just watch the Classifieds. There are some for sale right now. Also CC does 4Grabs in his Vendor thread and EK Sales.
Good Luck!

Hey thanks a lot for the reply man, and I figured that is where you would probably be looking to buy them is through the classifieds and vendors/other members in the community. Also, the keyboard really does look a fantastic and I hope that I may be able to find some eventually that I can either afford and or trade for. Either way I am really appreciative for the reply so I hope you have a good day sir.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1129 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 09:35:41 »
Show Image

Show Image

I would have to agree with Vesper and Dustin, definitely some great looking boards right here. Also, I wish you luck in your brobot findings sir, and I wanted to know which one you would be adding to first if you  were able to get one?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1130 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 09:39:54 »
Show Image

Show Image

Damn. I really love the lavender WASD on white boards. Really nice boards bro.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline JoanneLee

« Reply #1131 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 14:01:06 »
Gift for my friend. Should have just kept it for myself lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1132 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 18:07:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Whoa!  Nice gift!!

Can I be your friend too? ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1133 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 18:22:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What you ended up giving your friend you realforce? because that is a pretty expensive gift, and I know I want one pretty bad and am going to be saving after I have built my wifes gaming rig, because hers just is not cutting it anymore. So, I am going to try and save for a 55g uniform weighted version of this keyboard, and hopefully I am able to get one eventually. Do not get me wrong I absolutely love my Leopold fc660c and the custom red realforce keycaps across the keyboard give it a bit of a nicer feel while typing and gaming at least for myself. So, anyways if you see or any know anyone that is thinking about selling one please let me know, and I mean I do check the classifieds but just if I miss something.

On another note this definitely is a nice looking keyboard, and I know if I were your friend I would be super happy the day you gave me this, and would probably get teary eyed by the surprise...lol nah(but maybe)

Offline JoanneLee

« Reply #1134 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:11:28 »
Whoa!  Nice gift!!

Can I be your friend too? ;)

Haha for sure ;P

What you ended up giving your friend you realforce? because that is a pretty expensive gift, and I know I want one pretty bad and am going to be saving after I have built my wifes gaming rig, because hers just is not cutting it anymore. So, I am going to try and save for a 55g uniform weighted version of this keyboard, and hopefully I am able to get one eventually. Do not get me wrong I absolutely love my Leopold fc660c and the custom red realforce keycaps across the keyboard give it a bit of a nicer feel while typing and gaming at least for myself. So, anyways if you see or any know anyone that is thinking about selling one please let me know, and I mean I do check the classifieds but just if I miss something.

On another note this definitely is a nice looking keyboard, and I know if I were your friend I would be super happy the day you gave me this, and would probably get teary eyed by the surprise...lol nah(but maybe)

Thank you! It was for my BF's brother so he's like half family. So don't mind going expensive lol

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1135 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:14:35 »
Love the Gasmask set!

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #1136 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:35:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I would have to agree with Vesper and Dustin, definitely some great looking boards right here. Also, I wish you luck in your brobot findings sir, and I wanted to know which one you would be adding to first if you  were able to get one?

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks Guys :)

I love my thorpe boards and flipped spacebars.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1137 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 15:17:51 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks Guys :)

I love my thorpe boards and flipped spacebars.

Yeah you have a nice collection, and damn straight flipped spacebars for liiffeee. Anyways I own a Leopold, and am going to get another tenkeyless topre switch keyboard eventually and wanted to know out of the ones you have tried and or own, which would the be the one you would recommend above all others?

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1138 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 18:29:57 »
g'damn living in quote hell.  Great collection KZ.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1139 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 18:55:22 »
g'damn living in quote hell.  Great collection KZ.

haha  :))

Offline Pac Caps

• Its almost a pallindrome
« Reply #1140 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 18:57:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What are those green caps on the top?
Want to be a cap maker

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #1141 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:00:23 »
http://gasmaskkeycap.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71

The quality of these keycaps isn't 100% there, but since he's one of the few people offering topre keycap alternatives, they sold out quick.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1142 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:03:33 »
It is funny that you said that because the whole time I was posting, being the indecisive guy that I can be was saying man I know I am going to get **** if I quote a series of quotes this long. Through years of bad choices and lack of judgement I deemed it necessary to warp the reality of this thread through quoting the quote of the week. lol

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1143 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:19:41 »
Well I finally did it. I caved and ordered a Topre board for myself today. Hope you guys are proud of yourselves  :-X

Now what am I gonna do about this 'MX FO LYFE' tatt?

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1144 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:21:11 »
Well I finally did it. I caved and ordered a Topre board for myself today. Hope you guys are proud of yourselves  :-X

MX FO LYFE
TOPRE

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1145 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:38:45 »

MX FO LYFE
TOPRE

Show Image

Straight up sexy keyboard, and have you used any other topre keyboards, and if so is this one favorite? Up in the air over a Realforce tenkeyless with 55g uniform resistance or the HHKB pro 2, but I own the Leopold fc660c(modded with red RF caps) so I am leaning for the RF because of the weighting difference is something that I would think I would like.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1146 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 21:27:06 »

MX FO LYFE
TOPRE

Show Image

Straight up sexy keyboard, and have you used any other topre keyboards, and if so is this one favorite? Up in the air over a Realforce tenkeyless with 55g uniform resistance or the HHKB pro 2, but I own the Leopold fc660c(modded with red RF caps) so I am leaning for the RF because of the weighting difference is something that I would think I would like.

Thanks. This is my first and only Topre so I have nothing to compare it to, but I can say that it feels really good.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1147 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 21:40:33 »

MX FO LYFE
TOPRE

Show Image

Looks awesome dude!! Those three in the corner are fire.

I made your picture a little brighter.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1148 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 21:50:38 »

MX FO LYFE
TOPRE

Show Image

Looks awesome dude!! Those three in the corner are fire.

I made your picture a little brighter.
Show Image

Thanks. Yeah, I realize it was a little dark but I didn't want to blow out the exposure. I'll have to take better pictures when I have some daylight.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1149 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 23:05:58 »

MX FO LYFE
TOPRE

Show Image

Thanks. This is my first and only Topre so I have nothing to compare it to, but I can say that it feels really good.

I can agree with that I had some pictures of the Leopold 660c I own back a cpl pages of the thread. I absolutely love it, and I am willing to spend the money all over again just to own one, and they were not lying when they said it is hard to compare this to a cherry mechanical and or rubber dome keyboard. Because it is definitely it's own experience let alone it's own switch, and because of that I have a hard time going back and forth between the Leopold, which has become my daily driver, and the couple of cherry keyboards I have left.

I ended up getting the Leopold because I initially liked the layout, and though some do not like the stand alone delete and insert keys. I however loved the layout, and so I ordered this as my for topre keyboard, and eventually I was able to purchase a set of red  Realforce key caps, that I was able to fit the entire Leopold with the caps, with the assistance from another geekhack member and a friend. So, thanks for the reply and the pictures of the Happy hacking you own. Anyways take care and thanks again