Author Topic: What type or wire is used in making Mechanical Keyboard Switch springs?  (Read 9276 times)

Offline kolektador

I am trying to create my own mechanical switch springs. I have tried using dental stainless steel wire but the problem is it does not retain the spring shape as well as actual mechanical switch springs. I want to know what kind of wire was used on mechanical switch springs.
The true endgame keyboard is not a perfect keyboard but a keyboard that makes you feel satisfied and at peace while using it  :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

does not retain the spring shape

I am no metallurgist, but I think that shape retention may depend on specific heating and cooling processes.

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Tactile

Spring wire of various gauges is easily found for sale just about everywhere, including Amazon.

There are lots of YouTube videos showing various methods of winding coil springs.
REΛLFORCE