Author Topic: SA Blank Black Keycaps  (Read 3415 times)

Offline online

SA Blank Black Keycaps
« on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 21:47:57 »
Hello,

Jointed a CA66 GB, and want get a set of Maxkey white on black to complete the classic look.
Unfortunately, Maxkey doesn't come with 2.25u and 2.75u spacebar(key).

Also, PMK doesn't have it in stock...

Been searching around, there was a IC for blank black SA keys, but it gone silent since August. Anyone knows what happened to it?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90680.0

Where can I get those?

Offline blighty

Re: SA Blank Black Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 00:07:52 »
The only solution is to buy another set of whatever set you bought and deal with the shift legends. 
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline online

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 01:45:30 »
The only solution is to buy another set of whatever set you bought and deal with the shift legends.
Not try to be a ****. I genuinely can't deal with this, it just looks incomplete and will ruin the look. :(

Offline bitzie

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 17:51:52 »
You could buy the white blanks from PMK and then dye them with iDye Poly.

Offline noSatellite

• perpetual n00b
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 19:28:32 »

I have seen several threads here about doing just that. Not sure if the user is still around, but here is a thread as an example:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86134.0
What I lack in time, resources, and knowledge I make up for in passion, enthusiasm and ignorance.

Offline bitzie

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 01:02:25 »

I have seen several threads here about doing just that. Not sure if the user is still around, but here is a thread as an example:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86134.0

That's doing DIY dye sub. I'm talking about taking blank white keycaps and dyeing them a solid color. I did it for my last build. It's pretty easy, but a little bit messy.

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 20:25:58 »

PMK have black 2.25u SA, no black in 2.75u SA though.

I feel your pain - the genius that I am I designed my board with 3u caps and now I'm painted into a corner. I managed to get a couple black 3u SA off PMK before they sold out but they're not pleasant on my thumbs - I recommend narrowing your search further to convex which probably doubles your trouble.