Author Topic: Topre Realforce R2 TKL Keys Issue  (Read 3301 times)

Offline wsgroves

Topre Realforce R2 TKL Keys Issue
« on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 19:42:36 »
Something is off with my new board that arrived today.
The keys, as you can see in the following pictures, have some kind of, I don't know how to say it, film on them. At first I thought it was dust but it really does not want to come off. Looks like just dust from sitting but it does not just wipe off.
Box was factory sealed as well.
I own 8 Topre boards/Leopold boards and have never seen this problem. I cleaned the Delete Key with denture tab cleaner and it got some what better but it did not go away. Pretty unacceptable for a keyboard of this amount of money.
You can clearly see the discoloration on all the keys. Has anyone seen this before?
Pic 08 is before cleaning and 09 is after. Not all that different.

Its right out of the box fresh as well.

Here is a imgur album of the issue.

https://imgur.com/a/iVdITr6

It is going to be a royal pain to send it back and wait a few weeks to get a new one. ughhhh.

Offline bendez

Re: Topre Realforce R2 TKL Keys Issue
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 04:44:10 »
This is 'normal'. This has been an issue with the black keys on realforce for many years, and R2 is no different. This reviewer had the same issue and was not satisfied (Skip to 0:50):
I agree though, completely unacceptable for a keyboard at any price point. If you already sent it back, maybe go for the white one because your replacement will have the same issue.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 October 2018, 04:57:48 by bendez »

Offline shifted

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 11:54:30 »
I bought the gray and blue version of this keyboard and I am pretty sure I can see this on the blue keys if I look for it. (I'm at work but I sort of remember seeing it when I was inspecting it after opening it)  I need specific lighting and angles to see it so I never gave it a second thought until I read this. I'll look tonight and try to snap a pic. There aren't many blue keys though so the effect isn't as exaggerated or easy to see as it is in your pictures of the entire keyboard.  If you go through the trouble of an exchange I would be prepared for the same thing. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 October 2018, 12:22:59 by shifted »

Offline shifted

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 18:27:26 »
Here are a couple photos.  It is harder to capture the image on the lighter color keys compared to the black keys and it is also a little more pronounced in person than in the pictures.  It also shows up more on the gray than I thought.  It really just seems like a normal part of the manufacturing to me.  In these pictures it is easiest to see in the number keys (1,2,3,4, F1, F2, F3) and the blue function keys.  It almost looks like a reflection in the blue function keys in the pictures but in reality they look almost exactly like your black keys where it's almost like an image of a mountain, lol.  It is much less obvious on the lighter colored keys though.

« Last Edit: Tue, 30 October 2018, 18:34:09 by shifted »

Offline drewafx

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 19:25:29 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 November 2022, 22:41:57 by drewafx »