Author Topic: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - CLOSED - Production Update  (Read 16045 times)

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
[GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - CLOSED - Production Update
« on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 10:47:21 »

Renders done by CJT

GROUPBUY CLOSED
Order here.
Product information.

TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition is a high quality, thick, high profile and angled case for the OLKB/Planck PCB Rev 6+.
The case comes in 5 different colors listed below. The TYPEAU.40 was born from a desire to have a hefty,
angled case like other form factors do.

Optionally, you can include a sandblasted Brass or Stainless Steel plate with your order, manufactured by LaserBoost.
I say optionally, as your current mid/hi pro plates are fully compatible.
Renders below.

Features
- 6-degree typing angle
- High Profile
- Aluminum 6060
- 5mm thick walls
- Around 540 grams
- Tray mounted
- Precise USB Cutout

Includes
- Case (compatible with OLKB and Drop Planck PCB Rev 6+)
- Hex screws + Allen key
- Rubber feet
- a famous Dutch snack (not weed) :p

Optional
- Sandblasted, Brass or Stainless Steel plate. (1x2u, 2x2u and Grid support)

Pricing
Case: €120,-
Plate: €25,-
Shipping: depending on location and order size.

MOQ: 25 - HIT!

Shipping estimation: Late November

Colors

Renders

NOTE: This does not come with a Planck PCB. Currently, you can get Planck a from Drop.com

Special thanks to:
- /u/Stewiedk97
- /u/pjvds
- /u/paulrobshannon
- CJT for Renders

For more information, questions or you just want to chat, join my Discord.
Discord
Twitter
Instagram
Website

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 1 Update

As mentioned before, we hit MOQ (25 cases) on day 1. However, that spree didn’t end as we surpassed 50 orders on Saturday :smile: . I’m so excited by the amount of people who support my project. I honestly didn’t think we would hit these numbers.

As of now, we’re sitting at 65 orders, with a total of:
69 Cases
61 Plates

Insane!

PCB Availability
I’ve had a lot of questions regarding the PCB availability. Currently, DROP is the only place that sells Planck PCBs. Unfortunately, they removed the option to buy the standalone PCB for $55 and instead, sell a kit. The kit includes a PCB, Case and Plate for $100. If you buy that kit, you can leave out the €25 Plate to save cost as the TYPEAU.40 case is compatible with the default OLKB/DROP plate.

Accelerated Checkout issues
The past week, I’ve had some reports about Apple, Google and Shop Pay not working during the checkout. After some long support sessions with Shopify, the issue is finally resolved and those payment methods are available again. Please make sure that if you run into any issues during the checkout, to contact me on Discord or by email: hey@typeau.com

Thanks again to all you who support this project and who helped me to get to this point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 2 Update + Planck PCBs available

Hey everyone,

Last week I reported hitting 65 orders. As of now, I received the 80th order this morning. That brings the standings up to:
85 Cases
71 Plates

Planck PCBs available
Since the groupbuy has started, I’ve had a lot of questions regarding PCB availability as they weren’t for sale apart from the DROP Planck Kit.

However, PCBs are now available for the duration of this GB on OLKB.com
The past weeks I’ve tried to come up with a solution for supplying PCBs and Jack from OLKB offered to help. He is able to take in extra orders for rev 6.1 that are produced by DROP.

Head on over to OLKB.com and get your PCB!

Order PCB: https://olkb.com/products/planck-pcb

Update - 1 Week left!

Hey everyone, 

As we're almost nearing the end of the month, I would like to notify you that there’s only 1 week left to join this groupbuy. The groupbuy will close the 1st of October, 23:59 CEST.   

So far we’ve hit 4x the MOQ, with 108 orders in total. That makes: 
115 Cases 
102 Plates

Those numbers are absolutely crazy to me, I can’t wait to start fulfilling orders   

PCB GB Reminder
This also means that the OLKB PCB groupbuy ends in 1 week. If you don’t have a PCB yet and you need one, go to OLKB.com and place your order. 

Update - 2 days left!

I want to let you know that there’s only 2 days left to join the groupbuy! The groupbuy closes tomorrow, the 1st of October at 23:59 CEST.

As of now we sold: 
162 Cases 
145 Plates

Keep in mind that the Planck PCB groupbuy also only has 2 days remaining. So if you are in need of one, go to OLKB.com and place your order.

Groupbuy Closed

Hey everyone, 

Yesterday the 1st of October, the groupbuy closed. I’m happy to say that this GB was an absolute success. I’ve mentioned it before, but initially I thought I would reach 50 orders max. Instead, we hit 186 orders! 

Over 186 orders, I sold 
199 Cases 
177 Plates 

In more detail:
E-White: 69
Black: 46
Space Gray: 38
Navy: 36
Red: 10

Brass Plate: 146
Stainless Steel Plate: 31

On Monday, the order will be placed at the manufacturer. As soon as I have feedback or any news, I will provide updates in the known channels.

Production Update - 18 Nov 2020

Hey everyone, it’s been a little while since I've last posted an update. Simply because there wasn’t much to write about. Until now!

Last time I wrote about the first batch of the plates from LaserBoost arriving. 2 weeks after, the second and final shipment arrived. Again, they look stunning :)

The machining of the cases is finalized and yesterday I received the first 4 cases to inspect the dimensions and finish for each color (black, gray, red and blue). E-White is coming in a bit later as it’s currently being coated.

However, there’s a catch:
The finish is different across the board compared to the earlier sample I received. Simply, It’s less refined and not up to par to the prototype. Also the red anodization is a different color than I requested.

No need to worry as this is being reviewed by the manufacturer and I have full confidence that this will be resolved. This is the reason why I requested a sample case of each color for inspection, to catch problems like these before every single case is anodized/coated.
Unfortunately, this results in a delay. If adjustments can be made quickly, I expect to start shipping halfway trough December.

Dimensions etc. are all on point. Plates are packed, screws, tools and rubber feet are packed and all set. Just waiting for the cases with a proper finish to arrive and we’re off to shipping!

To summarize:
- Received all plates from LaserBoost.
- Received red, blue, black and gray case for inspection. E-White coming next week.
- Issue with case finish. Anodization is not as high quality like earlier sample. Being reviewed by manufacturer as we speak.
- Red case delivered by manufacturer differs too much from spec. Same as above.
- Shipping is pushed back to approximately halfway December instead of late November. This is assuming the finish issue can be resolved quickly.
- Case dimensions and tolerances are spot on.

Production Update - 23 Januari 2021

Time for another Typeau news flash.

In the last update, beginning of December, I wrote about the issues with anodization and e-white coating. Which resulted in pushing the delivery date back to late January.

Halfway through December I received the new samples which were, to my disappointment, still not up to par with the expectations they set during the prototype phase.

The issues couldn’t be resolved by redoing the anodization and therefore the majority of the cases are getting reproduced.

Unfortunately, this calls for another delay. Instead of setting false expectations by providing a new timeframe that I might not make. I decided to change to bi-weekly updates with the latest information and rough timeframes.

GOOD NEWS E-WHITE:

Or shall I say "Cerakote White"? We decided to switch the company that does the coating for the white cases. This led us to our local certified Cerakote applicator to carry out the work instead. I have two samples on hand at the moment and they are absolutely stunning:

Lastly, my apologies for the delays and inconveniences.

Production Update - 13 March 2021
Hey people, it's time for a status update-
Let's start off with the bad news, unfortunately, the original manufacturer was unable to meet the
high expectations they set and have backed out. Here's the good news, I have two alternate manufacturers
 lined up to bring us to the finish line. Continue reading for more details.

Let's start off with why this update was pushed, I received all of this today at the eleventh hour. I work with
an intermediate company (project manager) who, based on my specifications, takes care of getting a
manufacturer, finishing/coating, quality control and manages the project from the manufacturing perspective.

If you've been keeping up with the Discord updates, you may be aware that we've had some issues with
tolerances not being met and the finish/coating. Keep in mind that the first prototype that I received from them
was perfect. However, the sample production units that I've received since then have been anything but. The
manufacturer has managed to keep missing the bar that they set at the beginning.

Just when I thought we were at the finish line, the cutout for the USB-C port required a bit of rework for the
case to pass QC before it went off for finishing/coating, the manufacturer backed out.

Fortunately, the project manager has lined up two alternate manufacturers who will bring this project to life
and put the TYPEAU.40 in your hands as soon as possible.

In retrospect, this happened due to my lack of experience in the field and the manufacturer settings expectations
that they could not meet. I could have overlooked/approved some of the lesser issues with the cases just to finish
the project. However, I would have felt horrible to allow everyone who have been incredibly patient to receive
an inferior product.

I understand that you may feel frustrated and may have feelings of uncertainty, but, please bear with me as we
are still optimistic that we can deliver you a wonderful TYPEAU.40. Furthermore, I'll continue to post bi-weekly updates
to keep everyone up to date when possible, however, they may be delayed as some things are out of my control as is
today's update.

Please don't hesitate to contact me via DM, or in my Discord if you have any questions.

Lastly, I want to say thank you to everyone for your patience and your continued you support with this project and have
a great rest of your weekend!

Thank all of you who participated and helped with this groupbuy. It’s my first project and I’m super humbled by all the love and support.

Check out my socials: 
Discord
Twitter
Instagram
Website
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 March 2021, 15:20:12 by typeaudesign »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - Live!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 03:19:39 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline dibstern

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 08:33:24 »
Gorgeous. My money is yours. Paid.

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 08:34:46 »
Gorgeous. My money is yours. Paid.

Thank you kind sir! :D

Offline paulrobshannon

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 10:11:13 »
In for 2!

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 15:16:11 »

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - MOQ HIT!
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 05:28:32 »
Woooo! MOQ Hit after day 1!

Currently there is an issue with Apple, Google and Shop Pay. Therefor I temporarly disabled them until the issue is fixed. People reported
that they could not pay for their order with those payment methods. Shopify is currently investigating the issue and will get back to me shortly.

Thanks everyone for the love and support!

Offline dibstern

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 18:19:20 »

Currently there is an issue with Apple, Google and Shop Pay. Therefor I temporarly disabled them until the issue is fixed. People reported
that they could not pay for their order with those payment methods. Shopify is currently investigating the issue and will get back to me shortly.

Thank god! Lol I was just drooling over the screenshots and getting hyped, but a pang of fear hit me as I realised that the MOQ might not be hit. Huge that it was hit so quickly. A massive congratulations to you man, this is sick!

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 10:22:53 »

Thank god! Lol I was just drooling over the screenshots and getting hyped, but a pang of fear hit me as I realised that the MOQ might not be hit. Huge that it was hit so quickly. A massive congratulations to you man, this is sick!

When I threw the initial IC live, I thought I was lucky if I ever where to hit 25 responses.. Those went up to 150 :D

Offline JeeBee

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 17:50:44 »
I bought it in red with the brass plate,
looking forward to this thicc smol boi =)

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 18:47:02 »
I bought it in red with the brass plate,
looking forward to this thicc smol boi =)

I hope some more red orders come in. It's the least amount ordered at the moment whilst it was the most requested color during the IC..  :confused:

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 14:20:40 »
Will you be adding the google pay option back if/when the issue gets resolved? 

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 14:47:03 »

I will, I hope to hear back from Shopify on monday. Once the issues are resolved, I will post an update here.

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 04:02:24 »

I will, I hope to hear back from Shopify on monday. Once the issues are resolved, I will post an update here.

So Shopify resolved the issue. Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Shop Pay are now enabled and ready to go :)

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - Week 1 Update
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 07:52:51 »
Post modified with Week 1 update!

Offline dibstern

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 23:04:16 »
Hey I just realised that it looks like the plate won't actually support plate-mounted (so high-quality, screw-in) stabilisers.

Is this the case? Can this be fixed?

Thanks so much <3

https://www.keebtalk.com/t/stabilizers-plate-mount-vs-pcb-mount-vs-screw-in/3265/3

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 03:37:10 »
Hey I just realised that it looks like the plate won't actually support plate-mounted (so high-quality, screw-in) stabilisers.

Thanks so much <3

https://www.keebtalk.com/t/stabilizers-plate-mount-vs-pcb-mount-vs-screw-in/3265/3

I'm a bit confused by your question. I haven't heard of plate mounted screw in stabs. Isn't it either pcb mounted (optionally screw in) OR plate mounted?

Offline dibstern

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 04:38:50 »

Thanks so much <3

I'm a bit confused by your question. I haven't heard of plate mounted screw in stabs. Isn't it either pcb mounted (optionally screw in) OR plate mounted?

Okay maybe I’m just confused, will this support screw-in stabs? If so, yay!

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 04:58:47 »

Thanks so much <3

For sure!

Offline dibstern

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 06:20:17 »

Thanks so much <3

For sure!

Show Image

Oh epic, how good!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pleased :D

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - Week 2 Update + Planck PCBs Available
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 10:48:42 »
Modified post with Week 2 Update + Planck PCB availability trough OLKB.com

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - 1 week left!
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 05:15:22 »
Edited post with week 3 update. 1 week left!!!

Offline ssdt

Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - 1 week left!
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 06:14:46 »
Edited post with week 3 update. 1 week left!!!
So hyped!

Poker II         HHKB Pro 2

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” - Aristotle

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - 2 days left!
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 05:11:51 »
Updated. Only 2 days remaining!

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - 3 hours left!
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 13:54:27 »
Only 3 hours left!

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - 3 hours left!
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 16:49:23 »
10 Minutes left!

Offline Curin Derwin

Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - CLOSED
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 02:08:55 »
Oops! MechGroupBuys had this listed as 10/2/2020 end date.  :confused:

Offline Keyjus

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 11:33:50 »
Damn i missed the GB by a day.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Offline dibstern

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 22:39:05 »
Any updates on how things are going? So hyped :)

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 13:43:47 »
Any updates on how things are going? So hyped :)

Almost! Stay tuned. I'm releasing a big update later this week!

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.
Re: [GB] TYPEAU.40 Planck Edition - CLOSED - Production Update
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 16:05:09 »
Updated post with production update!

Offline geewiz

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 09:45:38 »
I would appreciate an update!

Offline typeaudesign

• Typeau Design.