Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1707212 times)

Offline Bullveyr

Re: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #1500 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 02:57:18 »
LMAO. Did you order one of everything?

Pretty much, yes.
So did I and we are category buddies.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline yaplove7

« Reply #1501 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 03:59:13 »
Retro-099 Do not be shipped what problems occur?  :'(

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1502 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 05:45:41 »
I...I think it's here. Postman came while I was at work. Retro for the Weekend!!

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1503 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 08:49:57 »

For the six people listed as "problems", there are only a few problems.

1) Your order is for a different person/address/country than PayPal expects it to be.

2) There was some data problem that caused the picklist to be missing information -- e.g. your ship-to address.

Actually I think that covers all of them.

So if you are Joe Choi in Osaka but PayPal thinks you are Jenny Chung in Singapore, I am going to need some identity verification.

Or, if your user name is "BaDcApS" but you entered it as "badcaps", MySQL won't find your detail records and will leave things off of your confirmation e-mail and picklist.

Either of the above would have been shown on your confirmation e-mails (unless the data element that was missing was your e-mail address.)

I figured five of them out yesterday and shipped them.  I'll figure these six out and ship them as well.

TL;DR  If you used someone else's PayPal and are on the list of six, have that person send me a confirmation from their PayPal e-mail.

FYI and Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1504 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 08:53:00 »
I'm on that list but everything should have been matching.  I will PM.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1505 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 08:59:45 »
Okay just checked my confirmation email.  It doesn't contain an address... I don't understand how this happened, but I will send you a PM with address details.

Offline mikelanding

« Reply #1506 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 09:22:20 »
To samwisekoi and mateo,
Thank for this great good buy. Prompt communication and sort out my problem in very efficient way. Got the shipping notice this afternoon!
Thank again!
HHKB Type-S | Kinesis Advantage | Maltron 3D 2Hand | Ergodox (62g ErgoClear)

Offline yaplove7

« Reply #1507 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 11:35:49 »

For the six people listed as "problems", there are only a few problems.

1) Your order is for a different person/address/country than PayPal expects it to be.

2) There was some data problem that caused the picklist to be missing information -- e.g. your ship-to address.

Actually I think that covers all of them.

So if you are Joe Choi in Osaka but PayPal thinks you are Jenny Chung in Singapore, I am going to need some identity verification.

Or, if your user name is "BaDcApS" but you entered it as "badcaps", MySQL won't find your detail records and will leave things off of your confirmation e-mail and picklist.

Either of the above would have been shown on your confirmation e-mails (unless the data element that was missing was your e-mail address.)

I figured five of them out yesterday and shipped them.  I'll figure these six out and ship them as well.

TL;DR  If you used someone else's PayPal and are on the list of six, have that person send me a confirmation from their PayPal e-mail.

FYI and Thanks!

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

[Retro-099]
I sent a personal message just.
I ask you for a check.

Offline Index

« Reply #1508 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 12:59:54 »
Just a suggestion.

DSA DOLCH RETRO SET

OMGWTFBBQHAX!!11!!!!!

I will literally buy 3 sets.
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1509 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 13:04:02 »
Just a suggestion.

DSA DOLCH RETRO SET

OMGWTFBBQHAX!!11!!!!!

agreed

Offline Index

« Reply #1510 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 13:36:11 »
Just a suggestion.

DSA DOLCH RETRO SET

OMGWTFBBQHAX!!11!!!!!

agreed

Wait so is this really happening? O.O
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1511 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 13:40:15 »
Just a suggestion.

DSA DOLCH RETRO SET

OMGWTFBBQHAX!!11!!!!!

agreed

ahah :) don't hold your breath :)

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #1512 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 15:48:07 »
Packed now, but need a bigger box:

Thanks, an exciting update!

As mentioned please say if the bigger box needs more money..I really don't want you to be out of pocket here.

Offline TDub

« Reply #1513 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:11:29 »
They are in the mail already :eek: ???? Can't wait to see these on my ergodox :) Thanks again for a great GB :)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1514 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:14:00 »
Just a suggestion.

DSA DOLCH RETRO SET

OMGWTFBBQHAX!!11!!!!!

agreed

ahah :) don't hold your breath :)

not fair :(
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1515 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 18:12:33 »
no no no.. no dolch!

Two tone - off-white and beige true retro DSA set!!:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #1516 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:51:57 »
Actually, two-tone white-and-beige isn't necessarily a combination used much with sphericals!

Look at, say, a Kaypro
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline yaplove7

« Reply #1517 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 23:51:07 »
Understanding please because it is not good at English.
Retro-099, what is the exact reason that can not be shipped?
There was also confirmation email well, but what is the problem?
== personal data removed by Admin ==
Please let me know what to do.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:01:41 by samwisekoi »

Offline usopia

« Reply #1518 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 00:44:56 »
@yaplove7: You should not publicly display your data here.

For me however, it's similar. I don't know where the problem is. All my specified paypal- and address-data are present and correct.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2013, 00:49:04 by usopia »

Offline habitualapse

« Reply #1519 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 02:51:09 »
dolch
Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TKL

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1520 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 03:21:53 »
dolch

You do know you can order a complete "Dolch" with Sherryton?

Offline Sai

« Reply #1521 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 03:26:01 »
may be he's referring to DSA dolch ?
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline vorn

« Reply #1522 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 04:40:39 »
I am so sad I missed this GB :( :(

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1523 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 05:30:36 »

For me however, it's similar. I don't know where the problem is. All my specified paypal- and address-data are present and correct.

I agree - you really need to take your email address down before the spam bots skim it and you end up with a s**t load of spam emails...
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1524 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:30:58 »
I can't believe it's actually here! It looks fantastic. Thank you to everyone in the long chain of getting my keys here.

I have an issue with my spacebar. I have a Ducky 9087G2 and I have the space625dsa spacebar. It doesn't seem to fit right on the stabilizers. It gets caught and sticks. Did I order the wrong size spacebar, or is it something I can fix?

Thanks again.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1525 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:41:57 »
I have an issue with my spacebar. I have a Ducky 9087G2 and I have the space625dsa spacebar. It doesn't seem to fit right on the stabilizers. It gets caught and sticks. Did I order the wrong size spacebar, or is it something I can fix?

you mean that the spacebar hits the modifiers? This is really weird. Can you take some pictures?

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1526 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:51:38 »

you mean that the spacebar hits the modifiers? This is really weird. Can you take some pictures?

No the modifiers, but the stabilizers. I can get the center and one of the sides on, and then it looks like the spacebar is slightly curved, so when I try and fit it onto the other stabilizer, the key seems to stick. It's clear of all other keys.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1527 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:04:02 »

I agree - you really need to take your email address down before the spam bots skim it and you end up with a s**t load of spam emails...

I will figure out the problems and send PM to anyone who has not sent me their data.  Mettaliqaz and yaplove7, you have sent me everything I need.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1528 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:13:01 »

No the modifiers, but the stabilizers. I can get the center and one of the sides on, and then it looks like the spacebar is slightly curved, so when I try and fit it onto the other stabilizer, the key seems to stick. It's clear of all other keys.

How many stabilizer mounts are there on the bottom of your spacebar?  Also, what kind of stabilizers do you have? If you have plate-mounted Costar stabs, it sounds like one of them may have have pulled slightly out of alignment when you removed the OEM spacebar. 

Try your OEM spacebar again, and if it has the same problem (or even if it doesn't) look very closely at the stabilizers where they connect to the plate and make sure they are snapped into place exactly right.  Once you do that, attach the little plastic bits to the DSA spacebar and see if they match up with the stabs.  Again, this needs to be an exact fit.  Without mounting the spacebar to the switch, slide the spacebar up and down with the little bits inside the stabs.  Does it move smoothly?  if not, gently twist it clockwise and counter-clockwise to push the stabs a tiny bit.  Then try again.

Also, did you do the basic thing and verify that both little plastic bits have the long side pointed towards the top row?  If one of them is rotated 180, then you will always have the sticking you describe.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1529 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:11:23 »
Here's a picture of the prime suspects. The original spacebar pops right back on with no effort at all. I had a look at the stabilizers to see if they had popped out and they look fine.
22338-0

I have managed to coax it on so it feels firm enough. It seems to be riding high, but I can live with it :)
22340-1

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1530 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:23:24 »
I don't exactly understand which is the problem. maybe the spacebar is a little bent?

but from the second picture it seems you just need to (gently) press it a little more into the stabilizers/switch.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1531 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:28:36 »
Here's a picture of the prime suspects. The original spacebar pops right back on with no effort at all. I had a look at the stabilizers to see if they had popped out and they look fine.
(Attachment Link)

I have managed to coax it on so it feels firm enough. It seems to be riding high, but I can live with it :)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks, that shows everything needed.  Plate-mount Cherry stabs, so they will either work or not.  And they work with the OEM spacebar.   Have you ever tried with any other spacebar?  Specifically, have you ever tried another SP spacebar?

I don't have a Ducky to test this, but I have mounted that exact spacebar on Cherry stabs no problem.  Does anyone else have a Ducky and Retro DSA that works/doesn't work?  Is this another Leo?

The DSA does ride a little higher, and has slightly wider skirts than the DCS universal.  I can send you a replacement, or even a DCS spacebar, but I am not convinced it will make a difference.

Calling Ducky/DSA owners!  Can you help stoic-lemon-san?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline yaplove7

« Reply #1532 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:56:06 »

I will figure out the problems and send PM to anyone who has not sent me their data.  Mettaliqaz and yaplove7, you have sent me everything I need.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

So I wait for the shipping email?
Retro-099 When are you going to be shipped?

Offline suka

« Reply #1533 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 10:00:13 »
I don't See 058 anywhere anymore,which was originally in the blue. Group. Any News?

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1534 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 10:04:33 »
Yeah, if I press it down even a little further, it will stick in the down position, and sometimes sloooooowly rise back up. When I put the spacebar on a table it is more curved than the original one. Perhaps I could buy another one if there are any available after all orders have been shipped. I understand that these things happen.

Offline Larken

« Reply #1535 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 10:05:30 »

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

I tested this on two different boards (a ducky 1087 and a modded cm QFR) with plated mounted cherry stabs and encountered the same problem. DCS spacebar is fine on those same boards. Tested it with some loose cherry plate mount stabs I have, and I believe its one end of the plate mount stabs getting it stuck. Will put up pics when I have time.

Took a closer second look, and while I have the same problem, I can't pinpoint what's causing the issue exactly.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2013, 10:40:28 by Larken »
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1536 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 10:12:24 »
Yeah, if I press it down even a little further, it will stick in the down position, and sometimes sloooooowly rise back up. When I put the spacebar on a table it is more curved than the original one. Perhaps I could buy another one if there are any available after all orders have been shipped. I understand that these things happen.

I would file the stems just a little with a bit of sand paper while you wait a replacement from me or sam :) Edit: no replacement since it seems a common problem with DSA/SP and ducky stabs. Just file the mount points until they don't hit the stab 
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2013, 10:14:31 by Matt3o »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1537 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 10:16:05 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Thanks, that shows everything needed.  Plate-mount Cherry stabs, so they will either work or not.  And they work with the OEM spacebar.   Have you ever tried with any other spacebar?  Specifically, have you ever tried another SP spacebar?

I don't have a Ducky to test this, but I have mounted that exact spacebar on Cherry stabs no problem.  Does anyone else have a Ducky and Retro DSA that works/doesn't work?  Is this another Leo?

The DSA does ride a little higher, and has slightly wider skirts than the DCS universal.  I can send you a replacement, or even a DCS spacebar, but I am not convinced it will make a difference.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

I had/am having a similar problem with my Ducky SE with MX Greens, and ordered a DCS spacebar in the same size, and don't have an issue with that spacebar attached. When I look at the spacebar, it is NOT hitting the sides of neighboring keys, or interfering with them. When I place the DSA spacebar 6.25 bottom-to-bottom with the OEM spacebar it's the same width. It seems the line up with the cruciforms. Rotating it 180 degrees doesn't help. If I put it on the center support and don't attempt to really seat it into the side supports, then it's okay, but it is out of profile and a little tipsy.

My guess is that it's a profile height issue -- something weird that Ducky does with their layout. I will try to sand them down slightly (I have two of the DSA 6.25) and see if that helps -- I think that may solve it.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #1538 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 12:01:03 »
Got my caps in today, everything is in order too (no 6/9, N/Z shenanigans). My camera makes the green look far more neon than it really is, oh well.

22369-0

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1539 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:29:59 »
after being out of town most of the last 20 days i am home and patiently waiting for my massive retro haul :)

if anyone is willing to part with a number pad set, PM me. i doubled down on my retro order but i forgot to order a number pad :(

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1540 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 14:44:21 »
Got my caps in today, everything is in order too (no 6/9, N/Z shenanigans). My camera makes the green look far more neon than it really is, oh well.

(Attachment Link)

Yes!  Someone who's using the Control instead of Caps Lock.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1541 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 23:17:42 »

I would file the stems just a little with a bit of sand paper while you wait a replacement from me or sam :) Edit: no replacement since it seems a common problem with DSA/SP and ducky stabs. Just file the mount points until they don't hit the stab 

OK, I'll give that a try. I appreciate the help guys. Thanks.

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #1542 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 23:47:45 »
Just got my deep dish blanks today.

They look like little chocolate squares! I just want to eat them up!

Potato pic... (I hoped this attached okay, I'm on my phone)
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1543 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 23:50:59 »

Got mine today!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #1544 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 00:08:45 »
My old new ErgoDox with DSA keycaps!

Offline oldskulrulz

« Reply #1545 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 10:08:03 »
(Attachment Link)

Material of these keycaps is ABS which is a thermosoftening plastic. I suggest to lay spacebar on a heat-resistant surface and try to using a hair-dryer and blend it to flat!

I can believe in that if Your space bar is not straight enough then it will stuck. I think that the two stabilizers and the switch must to be _absolute_ parallel to work well.

Costar stabilizers are more tolerant...

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #1546 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 18:30:25 »
Just something to note, the caps on the corners (spacebar a bit too) rubbed against the inside of my treble alu case. The inside corners are rounded and the corners of these caps are pretty sharp.

Offline ishtob

« Reply #1547 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 20:36:55 »
i had to sand down the corner keys a bit. used a 800 grit sandpaper for a finer finish

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1548 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 23:47:24 »
Well I think I fixed my problem. I'm not sure exactly how, but I tried sanding and I bent it straight. Everything is perfect now, with no sticking.

Offline bearcat

« Reply #1549 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 00:43:27 »
Thanks for the caps Ron!  These are awesome!

On a related note, i am now in desperate need of a set of 1.5 mods, and can't seem to post in the classified board; can anyone help a brother out?