Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1707334 times)

Offline netdevil

Re: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #1600 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 10:28:37 »
Just received my retro set its awesome just wanna express gratitude for the people who organized this ,matt and others and those that helped in packing as well.

Cheers  :D

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1601 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 10:59:18 »
Pictures or it never happened!

Offline mickd

« Reply #1602 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 18:38:57 »
Thanks guys, I received the set yesterday. They look fantastic.

I have bad news though, I might have a mistake key in my package. I haven't had a chance to go through it all yet, but when I opened it I remember seeing 2 H characters in one of the little bags (but I don't remember what I ordered and what each set is supposed to have), so I'll go through it all soon :)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1603 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 19:48:30 »

I have bad news though, I might have a mistake key in my package. I haven't had a chance to go through it all yet, but when I opened it I remember seeing 2 H characters in one of the little bags (but I don't remember what I ordered and what each set is supposed to have), so I'll go through it all soon :)

Extra scoops for Dvorak and Colemak.  They tricked me also.

- Ron I samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #1604 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 00:29:26 »
Crappy potato on a Noppo:

Russ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1605 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 01:11:51 »

Show Image

That looks sweet with all that red on the right :)

Space, but?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1606 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 06:22:00 »

I think you may be the absolute first one to get them.  Be Proud.

I was in this situation a year or so ago when everyone got their CC&G's here in this Convict Settlement, but I got nothing  :(   sweet F.A.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1607 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 06:23:59 »

Show Image

That looks sweet with all that red on the right :)

Space, but?

It has a 5.5x space.  Nothing available, even in the flexible DSA Retro set

Offline mickd

« Reply #1608 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 07:14:17 »
Extra scoops for Dvorak and Colemak.  They tricked me also.

Oh in that case, awesome!

I think you may be the absolute first one to get them.  Be Proud.

Haha I've always been lucky with packages from the USA -> Australia. They always come in 1-2 weeks!

EDIT

OK, I just went through my set and everything seems to be present! Good work with the sorting!

I have three questions though, the word "Caps Lock" was changed to "Shift Lock" on purpose, yeah?

Also, was it on purpose that (this wasn't the only example) the arrow keys were all created using the same legend? I know you can just rotate them and they look exactly the same, but the spur marks all end up in different places ;) I don't really care to be honest, but I noticed it while sorting, so I thought I would ask.

I also got an extra small mod pack with 2 standard ANSI enter keys and both shifts. Was this a freebie? :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 May 2013, 07:47:26 by mickd »

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1609 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:23:06 »
I have three questions though, the word "Caps Lock" was changed to "Shift Lock" on purpose, yeah?

Also, was it on purpose that (this wasn't the only example) the arrow keys were all created using the same legend? I know you can just rotate them and they look exactly the same, but the spur marks all end up in different places ;) I don't really care to be honest, but I noticed it while sorting, so I thought I would ask.

I also got an extra small mod pack with 2 standard ANSI enter keys and both shifts. Was this a freebie? :)

To answer your questions

Yes

Yes

If you look back a few (maybe a lot of) pages you'll see a post from Samwisekoi with errata in the title - he discovered a problem with the original enter and shift keys where the mold was too big and sorted it with help from SP (without being asked to or before anyone noticed anything was wrong) but said he'd still send out the 'wrong' caps anyway...

Edit: Samwisekoi's post was reply 1147 on Page 39 if you're interested
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 May 2013, 08:24:40 by GeorgeK »
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1610 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:20:40 »

To answer your questions

Yes

Yes

If you look back a few (maybe a lot of) pages you'll see a post from Samwisekoi with errata in the title - he discovered a problem with the original enter and shift keys where the mold was too big and sorted it with help from SP (without being asked to or before anyone noticed anything was wrong) but said he'd still send out the 'wrong' caps anyway...

Edit: Samwisekoi's post was reply 1147 on Page 39 if you're interested

Wow!  Thanks GeorgeK!  110% correct (including extra credit for the post-finding!)

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1611 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:57:23 »
lol - you're welcome!  It's amazing how much time I can find for procrastinating when I should be doing something boring...
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1612 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 10:58:38 »
so... am I into the blue group now after clearing up my address?

Offline mickd

« Reply #1613 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 18:15:54 »
Thanks George! I used to be so much more active in these forums. It's much harder to keep up with it all now.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1614 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 18:32:38 »
anything get out today or yesterday?

Offline astr0s

« Reply #1615 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 03:42:30 »
Got my set in Finland today after paying for taxes yesterday. They arrived in good condition, but I seem to have received three T caps, 1 normal, 2 deep and only one J cap, so no deep J for homerow. Picture in attachments, as well as a demonstration of Race's LED on full power in daylight.
Filco Mj | Filco Mj2 DSA Retro | Filco Mj2 TKL CCnG | Leopold 210TP CCnG

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1616 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 03:52:50 »
Got my set in Finland today after paying for taxes yesterday. They arrived in good condition, but I seem to have received three T caps, 1 normal, 2 deep and only one J cap, so no deep J for homerow. Picture in attachments, as well as a demonstration of Race's LED on full power in daylight.

we will be sending you the missing cap in a bit. On the bright side... the Race looks gorgeous!

DSA Retro is probably one of the few sets to support Race.

Offline yaplove7

« Reply #1617 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 04:02:30 »
In South Korea, and then to have been all shipping.
However, only because I do not receive, feeling it is not good.   :(

Offline Laladila

« Reply #1618 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 04:16:52 »
Recieved my set yesterday in France, I have 2 ",<" keys and no ".>" key  ;)

Offline astr0s

« Reply #1619 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 04:17:54 »

we will be sending you the missing cap in a bit. On the bright side... the Race looks gorgeous!

Thanks for the super-fast answer as well as the awesome coordination of this group buy! And, indeed, one of the few, but glad it looks as good as it does :)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1620 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 04:19:13 »

I think it's the only set that has a spacebar for the Race
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #1621 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 04:35:21 »
Race has a standard spacebar IIRC

Offline eon

« Reply #1622 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 04:37:45 »
Here's a picture of the prime suspects. The original spacebar pops right back on with no effort at all. I had a look at the stabilizers to see if they had popped out and they look fine.
(Attachment Link)

I have managed to coax it on so it feels firm enough. It seems to be riding high, but I can live with it :)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks, that shows everything needed.  Plate-mount Cherry stabs, so they will either work or not.  And they work with the OEM spacebar.   Have you ever tried with any other spacebar?  Specifically, have you ever tried another SP spacebar?

I don't have a Ducky to test this, but I have mounted that exact spacebar on Cherry stabs no problem.  Does anyone else have a Ducky and Retro DSA that works/doesn't work?  Is this another Leo?

The DSA does ride a little higher, and has slightly wider skirts than the DCS universal.  I can send you a replacement, or even a DCS spacebar, but I am not convinced it will make a difference.

Calling Ducky/DSA owners!  Can you help stoic-lemon-san?

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

I do not own a Ducky, but I have the same problem with my poker (beast plate + plate mounted cherry stabs).

The DSA spacebar fits in the stabilizers correctly and everything seems fine but it doesn't go up easily. If I press hard the spacebar can stay stuck at the lower position. I believe there some friction on the stabs that makes harder the spacebar to go up.

There is no problem like that with DCS spacebars from SP I have.
Poker MX Red - Photos

Offline astr0s

« Reply #1623 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 04:45:49 »
Race has a standard spacebar IIRC

That is correct I believe, I've had Filco, random transparent, WASD, CCnG and now DSA spacebars on it, so it is pretty much standard.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1624 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 04:49:16 »

I think it's the only set that has a spacebar for the Race

problem is with arrow cluster I believe

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1625 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 09:18:05 »
Sorry, lost two days due to actual work getting in the way of getting keycaps out.

Today I shall enjoy the joy of counting blank keycaps and then I can get the rest of the packages into the post.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1626 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 09:25:09 »
Today I shall enjoy the joy of counting blank keycaps and then I can get the rest of the packages into the post.

Hooty hoo!

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #1627 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 12:03:27 »
I do not own a Ducky, but I have the same problem with my poker (beast plate + plate mounted cherry stabs).

The DSA spacebar fits in the stabilizers correctly and everything seems fine but it doesn't go up easily. If I press hard the spacebar can stay stuck at the lower position. I believe there some friction on the stabs that makes harder the spacebar to go up.

This is a bit off this thread's topic but I had the same problem as you and figured I'd chime in.

If you are installing a plate with cherry stabilizers you need to make sure the space bar stabilizer wire looks like this with a flat wire. And not like this with a curve in the center. It may depend on the height of curve but in my case it grinded against the plate and prevented the space bar from moving smoothly.

I figured this out too late and ended up having to pull the cherry stabilizers out of the already installed plate which ended up damaging the stabilizers.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 12:07:25 by xavierblak »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1628 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:26:35 »
Blew through a bunch of picking and packing.  I will post details later, but...

If it was green, it is now blue and ready for final checking and shipping.

If it was yellow/USA, it is now blue as well.

I ran out of boxes for upsizing international shipments, so I need to go grab another 10 or so of those.

I have solved some problems and found some new ones.  I'll send specific messages in a bit.

What do you people plan to DO with all these spacebars?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1629 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:30:41 »
Give them to little kids for sword fighting of course.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1630 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:34:28 »

Have one for getting used and shiny, and one for looking good :)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
Re: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPING!) [FIXED]
« Reply #1631 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:52:00 »

But you ordered SIX!

Anyhow, here are the details...

Orders ready to ship...
Retro-010, 013, 030, 035, 046
Retro-056, 077, 099, 106, 138, 139
Retro-140, 159, 168, 175, 178
Retro-184, 194, 309, 333, 338
Retro-034

Orders ready to ship about which I have questions...
Retro-025, 034, 135

Orders ready to pack and then ship...
Retro-027, 032, 075, 089, 097
Retro-100, 191, 196, 202, 334

And I think that is it!

So if you have not gotten your keycaps or a shipping notice, and you are not in the lists above, THEN send me a note.

Best to all!

- Ron | samwisekoi

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 19:04:39 by samwisekoi »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1632 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 16:08:42 »
w00t!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1633 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 16:21:53 »

But you ordered SIX!

7x, 6.25x, and 6x :D

Offline yaplove7

« Reply #1634 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 18:32:13 »

But you ordered SIX!

Orders ready to ship...
Retro-056, 077, 106, 138, 139
Retro-140, 159, 168, 175, 178
Retro-034

Retro-025, 034, 135

And I think that is it!

So if you have not gotten your keycaps or a shipping notice, and you are not in the lists above, THEN send me a note.

Best to all!

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Retro-099 When is the shipping?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1635 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 18:51:49 »
Based on the list he just posted, 099 already shipped!

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1636 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 19:06:05 »

But you ordered SIX!

Orders ready to ship...
Retro-056, 077, 099, 106, 138, 139
Retro-140, 159, 168, 175, 178099,
Retro-034

Retro-025, 034, 135

And I think that is it!

Best to all!

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Retro-099 When is the shipping?

<sigh>

Tomorrow.  Somehow I missed that one.  It is ready to go.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1637 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 19:47:18 »

Tomorrow.  Somehow I missed that one.  It is ready to go.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Samwisekoi, you've worked miracles here.  Even if I don't get anything at all, I still appreciated all the effort you went through to send everyone's packages out the door as soon as possible.

Thank you  :) .

Offline soulfree914

« Reply #1638 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 21:32:04 »
Just received and applied the keycaps to my keyboard.

Just curious; why do E T U F H J N come in deep dish style?
Aren't F J enough for finger placing purposes?
A proud member of OTD & GeekHack

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #1639 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 21:36:41 »
Just received and applied the keycaps to my keyboard.

Just curious; why do E T U F H J N come in deep dish style?
Aren't F J enough for finger placing purposes?

It's for people with alternative key layouts.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline ishtob

« Reply #1640 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 01:16:44 »
Dvorak and Colemak

Offline eon

« Reply #1641 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 02:49:38 »

This is a bit off this thread's topic but I had the same problem as you and figured I'd chime in.

If you are installing a plate with cherry stabilizers you need to make sure the space bar stabilizer wire looks like this with a flat wire. And not like this with a curve in the center. It may depend on the height of curve but in my case it grinded against the plate and prevented the space bar from moving smoothly.

I figured this out too late and ended up having to pull the cherry stabilizers out of the already installed plate which ended up damaging the stabilizers.

Thanks but the wire I have is flat. I'm using a DCS spacebar without any problem.

If it's possible I wouldn't mind using a DCS retro spacebar if there is some available...
Poker MX Red - Photos

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1642 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 04:24:24 »
Are we planning any new/diff colors DSA set GB? :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #1643 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 04:32:11 »

Check out the IC section.
Looking for CC's!

Offline phinix

« Reply #1644 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:23:02 »

Yeah, I saw Red Alert and stuff..
I wonder if there is a chance on two tone white and beige DSA...
Maybe worth to start IC for it?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #1645 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 05:35:28 »

IC's are free. Go for it!
Looking for CC's!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1646 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 06:29:35 »

my idea was white+grey PBT

Offline wasabah

« Reply #1647 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 06:43:28 »
What happened to the blue ones? :)
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline phinix

« Reply #1648 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 06:58:53 »

IC's are free. Go for it!

So I did! :)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43856.0

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1649 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 07:35:08 »
What happened to the blue ones? :)

that will probably come next in SA flavor though