Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1707240 times)

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #1650 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 08:23:47 »
Orders ready to ship...
Retro-139

Nice, thanks Sam!

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #1651 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 09:13:22 »
Orders ready to ship about which I have questions...
Retro-025

Thanks for the PM, reply sent!

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1652 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 14:19:15 »
Busy morning.  Got every last order prepped for shipping.  Have a final inventory of all sets and spares.

FYI, "shipping" means unpacking the box, counting each line item to verify it, re-packing, adding bubble-wrap, generating customs and postage paperwork, sealing the box, and finally putting the customs/postage paperwork in a clear envelope on the outside of the box.

So between the final inventory/picking activity and postman arrival, I only got these three orders actually out the door:

Retro-046,099,100. So 7bit, yaplove7 and metalliqaz get some DSA goodness soon!

All questions have been answered, nothing remains except shipping a rack of boxed orders out to you all!

FYI for today,

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1653 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 14:21:14 »
Sounds good. :)
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1654 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 14:53:29 »
Woo hoo! At long last I can join the party  :cool:  Thanks man

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #1655 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 15:15:57 »
DAMNED ! I'm too late !  >:D
Filco MJ2, Browns, Skull Squadron Ducky Shine III, Browns, Granite Unknown, White Alps & trackpad 1390132 & 1391402 Model M

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1656 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 15:19:53 »
DAMNED ! I'm too late !  >:D

yes
yes you are

Offline jabar

« Reply #1657 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 00:28:14 »
Just noticed the hint that all Caps Locks became Shift Locks, was worried for a second there was an error.  :p

Retro DSA is 99% 7bit Phantom compatible... just missing a 1.25 Return key based on 7bit's mockup here:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:Phantom_7BIT_002.png

In spite of this the Commodore emblem is now my enter key. Can't wait til my Phantom stuff arrives.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1658 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 01:27:10 »
Retro DSA is 99% 7bit Phantom compatible... just missing a 1.25 Return key based on 7bit's mockup here:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:Phantom_7BIT_002.png

Actually KIT8 has "RUN" key in 1.25 form.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1659 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 07:57:02 »
Just noticed the hint that all Caps Locks became Shift Locks, was worried for a second there was an error.  :p

So there is an "Easter Egg" referenced here, and present in the keycaps, but no one (AFAIK) has noticed or mentioned it.

Perhaps Wily T. Krogenar did, but is keeping it on the down low.

And you call yourselves neurotic, near-OCD keycap fanatics.  (Oh, maybe that is what other people call us...)

Anyhow, nobody?

Sheesh.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Ok, I'll admit it is more subtle than the four green pixelated keycaps in my GH75 sig, but still.
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1660 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 09:15:18 »

So there is an "Easter Egg" referenced here, and present in the keycaps, but no one (AFAIK) has noticed or mentioned it.

Perhaps Wily T. Krogenar did, but is keeping it on the down low.

And you call yourselves neurotic, near-OCD keycap fanatics.  (Oh, maybe that is what other people call us...)

Anyhow, nobody?

Sheesh.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

p.s.  Ok, I'll admit it is more subtle than the four green pixelated keycaps in my GH75 sig, but still.

See, now that's why this groupbuy was so well done -- Easter eggs! Something I noticed about this set is that it may be one of the few that has four colors in it (grey, green, plum and chocolate) -- and they work really well together. Am I correct in saying that most groupbuy keysets are two color affairs? (Klaxon, CCnG, Raindrop, Turtle Power, Toxic, Sanctuary -- all two colors, right?) Don't get me wrong -- they're great groupbuys and keysets, but I like the idea of a keyset with more than two colors. What if we took a color scheme like DSA and then when the GB hit v2.0, extend the modifier palette to extend the keysets 'range'? Keep everything the same (profile, legends, etc.) and just add a new color set to it. For the chocolate alphanumeric kit in this groupbuy, you could probably add an orange, salmon or even a pale blue and it would look great!

No, I don't see the Easter Egg, actually! The WASD cluster I did notice, and figured you got some special stuff for yourself (which I wouldn't have squawked about) and thought nothing of it. I didn't make the connection immediately that vendors would have some extra add-ons for the set until later.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1661 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 09:30:26 »
I think I found it -- the 'Shift Lock' (chocolate, 2 units) is not listed in any of they Kits. It's a magical Retro freebie?
23148-0

As a reward, the key set shall be renamed: "Krog's Cranberry and Nutella Set" henceforth.  :cool:

Also, proof that four colors can coexist on a single board in harmony -- the 'We Are The World' keyboard.

23150-1
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 May 2013, 09:34:45 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1662 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 09:30:35 »
Those blues that were originally proposed would be the best choice ;D

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1663 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:13:38 »
I think I found it -- the 'Shift Lock' (chocolate, 2 units) is not listed in any of they Kits. It's a magical Retro freebie?

wrong, sorry!

Offline ishtob

« Reply #1664 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 12:20:38 »
its 1.25 units

Offline Pazuru

« Reply #1665 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 15:02:36 »
Got my set today. They're great. Thanks for doing such a good job communicating and running this group buy guys.
Filco Majestouch-2 TKL (Red)    |    KBT Pure (Brown)

Offline Index

« Reply #1666 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 17:10:05 »
I'm almost 100% sure that the easter egg is the additional deep dish key caps which I'm assuming are for different key layouts like Dvorak and Colemark.
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1667 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 17:47:17 »
I'm almost 100% sure that the easter egg is the additional deep dish key caps which I'm assuming are for different key layouts like Dvorak and Colemark.

Nope.

When you know, a photo will prove it.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #1668 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 18:54:50 »
The plum 2x lock key is NOT a "Shift Lock" but the others are.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1669 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 20:52:52 »
Is it that there is no Caps Lock on the OG and Tab was Ctrl???
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline ishtob

« Reply #1670 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 20:55:37 »
if you orient the keycaps in the shape of the solar system, they start orbiting your keyboard as if they are planets?!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1671 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 11:56:29 »
They came in and they look awesome!  What a haul.  Going to take a while to check it all :)  space bars!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1672 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 12:04:48 »

Nope.

When you know, a photo will prove it.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Do the TechKeys sets also have said Easter Egg?

PS: Bummed that the TechKeys set doesn't come with a DSA space bar :(
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2013, 13:08:59 by daerid »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1673 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 13:27:00 »
In on a Saturday to try to catch the postman before the holiday (we have Monday off in the US.)

Confirmed shipped:

Retro-013, 139, 056, 030, 140, 175.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Someone above might have found the Easter Egg*, but no photo, no winner.  And again, once you find it, a small photo will absolutely show that you have gotten it correct.

*Easter Egg:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2013, 14:03:16 by samwisekoi »

Offline orlando

« Reply #1674 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 14:06:44 »
PS: Bummed that the TechKeys set doesn't come with a DSA space bar :(
I ordered from TechKeys and mine included a DSA spacebar.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1675 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 14:37:55 »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what a DSA spacebar looks like, but I was under the assumption it would have the same profile as the rest of the keys. This is the spacebar I received:

Looks more like DCS to me :-\

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1676 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 14:40:48 »
That is a DSC space bar.  DSA space bars have a curve on both sides with equal heights.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1677 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 14:41:11 »
It is dcs

Offline orlando

« Reply #1678 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 14:54:43 »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what a DSA spacebar looks like, but I was under the assumption it would have the same profile as the rest of the keys. This is the spacebar I received:

Show Image

Looks more like DCS to me :-\
Yeah that is not the one I received. I have the DSA one which does have the same profile as the rest of the set.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1679 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:06:58 »
Time to hit up i3oilermaker I guess

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1680 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:08:40 »
If you placed your order for spacebars back before DSA was an option, then never changed them when the option became available, then you might be stuck with DCS.

Alternatively, you received a mistake spacebar. Or you didn't pay attention when they were asking you to verify your order.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1681 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:10:32 »
@esoomenona: I didn't participate in the GB. I ordered a set from TechKeys, which apparently orlando did as well, and I received a different spacebar than he did. AFAIK TechKeys didn't offer a choice of spacebar.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1682 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:11:11 »
Indeed. Then he is the man to talk to.

Offline ishtob

« Reply #1683 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:12:18 »
when will the spare inventory be up? :D

Offline orlando

« Reply #1684 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:16:23 »
Here is a quick shot of my spacebar.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #1685 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:27:38 »
@esoomenona: I didn't participate in the GB. I ordered a set from TechKeys, which apparently orlando did as well, and I received a different spacebar than he did. AFAIK TechKeys didn't offer a choice of spacebar.

I am in Denver. You are in Denver. I got shipped a DSA spacebar by mistake, and I can not use it. Would you like mine?
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1686 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:35:07 »
Time to hit up i3oilermaker I guess

Yes, hit him up.  He and I will get it sorted.

Be aware that the DCS spacebar is universal, and MIGHT be the one you need anyhow.  It has more stem positions than the DSA version.

Also, please rememberr that SP, then the GH crew processed about a thousand spacebars of five near-identical types.  And we did not do so while examining each one with a macro lens.  So it is impossible to imagine some spacebars were not swapped along the way.

The good news is that there were about four times as many spacebars made as alpha kits, so there are definitely plenty out there.

I am in Denver. You are in Denver. I got shipped a DSA spacebar by mistake, and I can not use it. Would you like mine?

This is what I am talking about!  Thanks, guys!

- Ron I samwisekoi

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1687 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 15:59:14 »
Ron when you have a moment can you shoot me an email or PM with tracking information for my orders?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1688 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 21:43:15 »

If it's the same color, sure, let's trade! PM me with your availability (I'm pretty much available all the time) and let's do this.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 May 2013, 21:54:44 by daerid »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1689 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 22:00:41 »
They're all the same color

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1690 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 22:34:47 »
They're all the same color

All thousand of them.  All brown.  Eight cubic feet of brown spacebars.  One person got TWELVE to go with a single alpha kit. Seriously, they were one-third of the total order by weight or volume.

Sorry, did I say that out loud?

Actually, the only person who really 'got' the spacebars was Input Nirvana, who could tell all five apart at a glance.

Yep.  All brown.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1691 on: Sat, 25 May 2013, 22:38:37 »
Lol

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1692 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 01:02:00 »
I can't imagine who would order that many spacebars....
* SmallFry innocently looks at Metalliqaz

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #1693 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 01:37:26 »
I got a DSA spacebar although I ordred DCS.  No biggie; works fine.  I think I ordered mine in the phase when we weren't sure we could get DSA 6.25s, so I assumed they just dropped the DCS 6.25  when they showed.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline soulfree914

« Reply #1694 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 20:41:40 »
MISSING ONE 7UNIT SPACEBAR
A proud member of OTD & GeekHack

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
« Reply #1695 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 22:05:42 »
I just received my order, or CAAAARRRT's order. Can't remember who did the ordering. Will check it all out after I finish work :D

And its here!

More Pictures

http://imgur.com/a/1gjYA#6
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 May 2013, 03:01:20 by Nunez »
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #1696 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 13:58:52 »
Just got my keys! They are looking awesome! Thanks so much to everyone involved.

Since 2.25u and 2.75u brown DSA blanks aren't (yet?) available, I was wondering if anyone who purchased the brown mod kit wanted to sell their "mistake" Enter key, Left Shift key and Right Shift key. I'd be willing to pay a total of $5 + shipping for these. :)
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #1697 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 15:09:25 »
I just received my order, or CAAAARRRT's order. Can't remember who did the ordering. Will check it all out after I finish work :D

I LOVE this custom case, I presume this board is a Poker... from where did you get the case?
I am based in the UK.
Thanks,
IBM Model M SSK, HHKB Pro 2 BT and Realforce 104U HiPro

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
« Reply #1698 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 17:10:21 »

I LOVE this custom case, I presume this board is a Poker... from where did you get the case?
I am based in the UK.
Thanks,

Yeah, the board is a poker. Waiting on the GH60 though :)

I bought the case from the classifieds off Balanar.
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline jabar

« Reply #1699 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 17:56:39 »
I won't be using my spacebar.

My Deck is getting jealous though.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit