Author Topic: GMK Red Samurai  (Read 6084 times)

Offline ChaoticEnigma

GMK Red Samurai
« on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 20:37:27 »
Does anyone know if the GMK Red Samurai novelties will ever come back? I've seen some sets available in Drop but not the full board or the novelties.

Offline Merranza

Re: GMK Red Samurai
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 22:58:17 »
They are supposed to come back. I got the TKL kit on Drop and I'm waiting on those novelties/space bars too.

Offline ChaoticEnigma

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 15:45:02 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 16:31:33 »
There's an IC thread up right now. So, yes, it's likely.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline srslyshinobi

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 03:16:10 »
I love the Nishi set.

I'm totally biased but I wish that was the default set instead of the alphas  :))

Offline Merranza

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 16:18:59 »
Red and blue samurai are up on Drop.

Kits customization are terrible and force you to buy a lot of useless keycaps but at least it's there.

Offline Merranza

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 07:48:10 »
I love the Nishi set.

I'm totally biased but I wish that was the default set instead of the alphas  :))

Drop already offers a set including nishi, the corresponding red colored space bar and a couple of novelties (gold return/gold escape key/novelties shifts). Then the colored F keys if you choose the TKL option. There is also a 65% and an ortho kit option.

https://drop.com/buy/drop-redsuns-gmk-red-samurai-keycap-set#overview

If you want this for a TKL or smaller keyboard, the pre-set is a really nice way to shape things up with the current custom keycaps drop. If you combine both of them, you can basically cover up an entire TKL keyboard (100$) with novelties (+55$ or +45$ if you for text novelties). Then if you want the gold spacebar, add 20$ to all of this. That pretty much covers up everything for about 175$ if you take everything. For a quality and popular GMK kit like Samurai, it's a pretty decent price I think. It's definitely a much better deal than going entirely through the custom drop with Base kit + Nishi + Novelties + Spacebars (125$, 65$, 55$, 20$...)

https://drop.com/buy/drop-redsuns-gmk-red-samurai-custom-keycap-set/talk#discussions

If the blue version of Samurai interests you, I have opened up a discussion with Elbert of Drop regarding the same possibility:

https://drop.com/buy/drop-redsuns-gmk-blue-samurai-custom-keycap-set/talk/2643935

I've also asked if it was possible to receive a confirmation Drop will do the same preset in blue color before the custom drop ends. That way, we know if it will be a possibility or if we have to go entirely with the custom drop.

If you want Samurai (either blue or red) for a full keyboard, then you are pretty much forced to go the custom drop route and pay for everything as there is no pre-set option for a full.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2020, 07:53:14 by Merranza »