Author Topic: [IC] GMK PoP (Purple on Pink)  (Read 6965 times)

Offline Milfarn

[IC] GMK PoP (Purple on Pink)
« on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 11:46:13 »
Hello everyone!

Thank you for taking your time to check out this IC post.
I started designing this kit as I really like the colors, and there's nothing really like this on the market, which I thought was kind of sad.

The name is based on, you guessed it! The colors being Purple on Pink, as well as the fact that it does sort of look like bubblegum, and I love "PoP"ping bubblegum.

Here are the Pantones I decided on:

And here are the current kits!
Base Kit:

Spacebar Kit:

And lastly, the NorDe Kit:

VENDORS:
EU: MyKeyboard.eu
US: TBD
CA: TBD
ASIA: TBD
UK: TBD
SEA: TBD
OCE: TBD

Lastly, a little render of the set on an a RAMA U80-A Port:

IC FORM CLICK HERE

« Last Edit: Sun, 11 July 2021, 11:55:40 by Milfarn »

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
Re: [IC] GMK PoP (Purple on Pink)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 11:56:23 »
f13 plz

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 12:00:20 »
also besides all the other kitting your spacebars look flat

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 12:10:36 »
yes f13 in base

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 12:15:02 »
You might want to consider moving UK ISO to base. This would be done to bring the price of the NorDe kit down as there's fairly little actual overlap between UK and NorDe.

Edit 1:So I'm apparently confused because I thought I saw UK keys in the NorDe kit but you do have UK in base, so I must be imagining things.

Edit 2: Ok I figured it out. You do have one UK iso tertiary legended key in NorDe and have the corresponding secondary legend only key in base.
You seem to not have made a clear choice between using or not using tertiary legends. Your NorDe kits doesn't contain any twos (which is correct if skipping tertiary legends) but contain several variants of threes and fours with tertiary legends. Then you have a <> key with a tertiary legend but NorDe has two with tertiary and one without (if tertiary legends are supported).
So I think you need to decide which way you're going here and fix the NorDe kit accordingly.
My reccomendation is removing tertiary legends if you don't need/want them for yourself as they add quite a cost.

« Last Edit: Sun, 11 July 2021, 12:31:03 by Ciantha »

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 12:49:20 »
This gonna need more work for sure, default krk should not be used directly into IC although I do enjoy the colors

Offline Pyurii

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 13:01:31 »
KAM lil'dragon colors but still pretty. Wonder what novelties will come with this.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 13:30:42 »
Damn. Was hoping i was finally going to get an all neon pink set with neon purple legends.... sigh.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 13:35:47 »
Some keys in your renders are crooked and overall the set needs a lot of work. Colors are very nice though. Would recommend learning more about renders and putting some work into it or asking somebody to do it for you.

Offline Milfarn

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 14:30:19 »
You might want to consider moving UK ISO to base. This would be done to bring the price of the NorDe kit down as there's fairly little actual overlap between UK and NorDe.

Edit 1:So I'm apparently confused because I thought I saw UK keys in the NorDe kit but you do have UK in base, so I must be imagining things.

Edit 2: Ok I figured it out. You do have one UK iso tertiary legended key in NorDe and have the corresponding secondary legend only key in base.
You seem to not have made a clear choice between using or not using tertiary legends. Your NorDe kits doesn't contain any twos (which is correct if skipping tertiary legends) but contain several variants of threes and fours with tertiary legends. Then you have a <> key with a tertiary legend but NorDe has two with tertiary and one without (if tertiary legends are supported).
So I think you need to decide which way you're going here and fix the NorDe kit accordingly.
My reccomendation is removing tertiary legends if you don't need/want them for yourself as they add quite a cost.

Thank you for the feedback! I will look over this and fix the stuff you mentioned.

yes f13 in base

I hear you, I will get that sorted for you! :D

Some keys in your renders are crooked and overall the set needs a lot of work. Colors are very nice though. Would recommend learning more about renders and putting some work into it or asking somebody to do it for you.

Thank you for the feedback, not sure what keys are crooked but I will look it over and keep watching rendering guides to see what could be done to better. This is my first rendering project that's not a simple animation in Maya.
Have a great one!

Offline pepperskog

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 09:33:10 »
Yess love it! And NorDe kit - I'm in!

Offline Synergist

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 02:42:52 »
Love the mod colors! And they match well. I like the purple legends as well, I'm just not sure how I feel about the alpha color.

Offline herbologist

• beige enjoyer. send help.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 20:39:16 »
Hopefully f13 in the proper color makes it into the base. You don't really need the second b in base when you have a bar kit. Lastly, this definitely needs some work. Renders need a lot of work but the colors are nice and with improvement I can see people going in on this.

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 21:14:14 »
Not a fan of the colors personally, but I do think it will apeal to some people. I really dislike the camera angle in the kitting renders. Also, add 3 key 40s to base

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 21:50:03 »
I’m more of a fan of the IC quality than this being necro’d after 2 months

Offline NintendoNoNo

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 20:27:44 »
This is a bit hard on the eyes. I think if you made the mods a bit darker it would be a bit better, but light purple against a light pink isn't great imo. That's all personal preference though of course! Looking forward to seeing where this set goes :)

Offline kkd_20

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 01:22:08 »
No novelties and only one render!!!! that is some low effort set