Author Topic: [IC] SA Oblivion V2 - Launches August 2020 on Drop.com  (Read 87806 times)

Offline owltro

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion V2
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 03:24:12 »
Count me in, love me some clean hagoromo

Offline doctorserka

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 14:08:58 »
Im waiting to GB of this set. It looks very good, and the quality of SP keycaps is always the best.

Agree with every word! Luv every keycap here and wanna buy as many as I can))
Can't wait for GB!

Offline Rök

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 14:16:21 »
Waiting for the GB as well!
I so badly want those git modifiers  ;D

Offline powahause

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 00:16:48 »
Count me in, love me some clean hagoromo
Always though the hagoromo kit looks better than stock oblivion too

Offline Howgii

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 14:52:28 »
I would also like an ISO kit.

Offline Kaktus

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 09:55:38 »
Please include an Iso commit key.  :-*

Offline beekey

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 03:38:25 »
Would love to see a combination like GMK Monokai Material in SA. :)

Offline jammypiano

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 10:12:39 »
registering further support for an ISO shift key!

Excellent work by the way! :)

Offline mvkoto

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 12:56:03 »
interested!

Offline b0bab0i

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 20:03:27 »
Interested

Offline duckadence

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 23:19:38 »
Dang. No more Hagoromo Colevrak. I was too slow for the extras. Maybe in the future I guess...

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 10:10:17 »
Yes

Offline KeyCap75

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 23:32:51 »
Vote for ISO...immediately ordered the ISO NorDe kit from Drop, just to notice afterwards, that there is no basic ISO support in none of the modifier kits 🤦‍♂️😖

Offline enjoidis

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 00:24:23 »
No ISO support?  :(

Offline mimalik

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 09:42:14 »
We are at mid way May, shall we expect this to drop soon? ETA? So that I'll lock that money for this drop only.

Offline Kaktus

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 12:57:15 »
No ISO support?  :(

You're not alone  :-\

Offline LightenS

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 15:05:22 »
To be honest, the way of Colevrak kit is made is completely wrong.  The set should include Alpha Set and Colevrak instead of split them up.

1. Colevark Users has to to purchase both alpha and colevrak if they are interested.  Otherwise, they can purchase only alpha.
2. Why will any person buy only a colevrak set if there is no alpha to go with it?  especially when most of the group buy only happens once or twice.
3. If a person is missing an alpha set, And the Alpha set is no longer able to find, they can pay the price of (alpha+colevrak) set instead.  I am pretty sure most will purchase anyway, knowing that the after market price will be much higher anyway. Items sitting in inventory because it is incomplete, not because there is no demand.
4. Let's say that the person already has alpha and only need Colevrak.  they can purchase and sell alpha without any problems.

It is not because Colevrak is a problem, but the design assembly problems.
The easy way out is to take out the set(s) completely instead of thinking of a way to solve.  Which, sadly, most of the designers have chosen.

You will ask me, why not combine ISO and others like the colevrak set as well.  The answer lies in MOQ and the price of the items. 
Given that the Colevrak set price is basically another alpha set to begin with.  User already pay double. and We are fine with it since it is our hobby.
Let say ISO is $20.  Will people pay $60 more just to get a $20 values?  Maybe not.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2020, 15:07:06 by LightenS »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 16:01:44 »
To be honest, the way of Colevrak kit is made is completely wrong.  The set should include Alpha Set and Colevrak instead of split them up.

1. Colevark Users has to to purchase both alpha and colevrak if they are interested.  Otherwise, they can purchase only alpha.
2. Why will any person buy only a colevrak set if there is no alpha to go with it?  especially when most of the group buy only happens once or twice.
3. If a person is missing an alpha set, And the Alpha set is no longer able to find, they can pay the price of (alpha+colevrak) set instead.  I am pretty sure most will purchase anyway, knowing that the after market price will be much higher anyway. Items sitting in inventory because it is incomplete, not because there is no demand.
4. Let's say that the person already has alpha and only need Colevrak.  they can purchase and sell alpha without any problems.

The easy way out is to take out the set(s) completely instead of thinking of a way to solve.  Which, sadly, most of the designers have chosen.

You will ask me, why not combine ISO and others like the colevrak set as well.  The answer lies in MOQ and the price of the items. 
Given that the Colevrak set price is basically another alpha set to begin with.  User already pay double. and We are fine with it since it is our hobby.
Let say ISO is $20.  Will people pay $60 more just to get a $20 values?  Maybe not.

as a colemak user the last thing i want is to pay $20 for more **** i won't use

i'm always happy to pay the extra $40 or whatever for colevrak

i mostly just use blanks and then i don't even have to pay for a colevrak kit most of the time anyway
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline karlb

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 01:50:12 »
I think ill be purchasing the entire set, or close to it!

Offline ban25

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 03:01:22 »
Can't say no to an SA set!

Offline Radium

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 06:20:41 »
Can't wait to the day this GB begin :D

Offline mvkoto

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 11:35:46 »
Patiently waiting...

Offline Owl

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 11:52:33 »
Much appreciated. I had bought aftermarket and then traded it for another set that I wanted and have been missing SA Oblivion ever since. Will def be in for this.

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 19:01:44 »
Been wanting a set of these since I saw Wildcat's set on Youtube, can't wait!

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 01:36:11 »
How much will each set cost? Can't wait!

Offline Tunabelly

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 21:54:04 »
Def in.

missed the first GB so im not missing this one

Offline harlekein

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 02:22:46 »

I have had the same tought as you, but there are a couple of reasons Colevrak sets are set up this way. I believe to get full coverage for all layouts in one kit, the keys you could take out of a QWERTY alphas kit are minimal. Any advantage is negligible.

To avoid this you could in theory have a Colemak, a Dvorak and a QWERTY alphas kit, and while QWERTY is horrible by all means, most people stick to it. Dvorak/Colemak users are a minority and sales numbers prove that time and time again.

But there is hope for us. Look at KAT Space Cadet. The way KAT sets up MOQ it becomes feasible to have a dedicated Colemak and Dvorak alphas kit.

Personally I also like novelty legends a lot, so I tend to go for those. Look at upcoming KAT Iron which has Phoenician alphas for example. I prefer those over Latin legends any day. Of course not when it becomes overdone, like Hiragana.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 17:59:26 »

I have had the same tought as you, but there are a couple of reasons Colevrak sets are set up this way. I believe to get full coverage for all layouts in one kit, the keys you could take out of a QWERTY alphas kit are minimal. Any advantage is negligible.

To avoid this you could in theory have a Colemak, a Dvorak and a QWERTY alphas kit, and while QWERTY is horrible by all means, most people stick to it. Dvorak/Colemak users are a minority and sales numbers prove that time and time again.

But there is hope for us. Look at KAT Space Cadet. The way KAT sets up MOQ it becomes feasible to have a dedicated Colemak and Dvorak alphas kit.

Personally I also like novelty legends a lot, so I tend to go for those. Look at upcoming KAT Iron which has Phoenician alphas for example. I prefer those over Latin legends any day. Of course not when it becomes overdone, like Hiragana.

Offline ♾Ḋḯṩⱥṩẗḝṟ

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 02:32:08 »
Vote for ISO...immediately ordered the ISO NorDe kit from Drop, just to notice afterwards, that there is no basic ISO support in none of the modifier kits 🤦‍♂️😖

Yeah, thank you for pointing that out. I did exactly the same :mad:

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 04:21:00 »
Extremely Interested!!!!

Offline jmg123

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 12:56:52 »

Which keys you after? I am only using some keys from my R1 UK Iso kits, I have spare monochrome returns, the git return , the shift, and the alt gr.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 13:14:05 »
Currently waiting for pricing from SP. Will update with launch date soon.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 13:15:13 »
sweeeeet

Offline Kaktus

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 15:08:49 »

Which keys you after? I am only using some keys from my R1 UK Iso kits, I have spare monochrome returns, the git return , the shift, and the alt gr.

I only need the GIT Iso key. The only key that I need to finish my SA Oblivion Build  :confused:

Offline ♾Ḋḯṩⱥṩẗḝṟ

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 02:45:27 »
Currently waiting for pricing from SP. Will update with launch date soon.

Hey Oblotzky, thank you for doing another SA Oblivion run! Please consider adding the Oblivion and Git UK kit to the GB. I'm not the only one who bought a left over NorDe kit from Drop, just to realize that there is no iso enter in the upcoming GB.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 03:44:44 »
Foe me this is not a novelty kit, it is an every day kit and one that should be very high quality.  With no proper UK ISO I can't use it every day and this makes me sad.  Please reconsider adding the UK ISO, shift, 2, @, Return, \ keys to what is a superb set.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Turnstiled

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 08:21:40 »
As a lurker that really wants to build his first keyboard, this is a set I will most certainly purchase!  Let me know what needs to be done on my end to get this Git kit!

Offline danielpi

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 21:46:45 »
Please don't cut Mac OS X extras. There are not an insignificant number of us Mac users who'd really appreciate having that option. Please!

Offline Gimbal

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 12:53:47 »
Another vote for iso support. As a shot in the dark I ordered the NorDe kit from last run hoping I can put something together. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 12:57:44 »
Please don't cut Mac OS X extras. There are not an insignificant number of us Mac users who'd really appreciate having that option. Please!

based on previous GB numbers, that "not-insignificant" number is about the same as ISO users
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SaraZera

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 18:36:39 »
+1 interest
]

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 20:27:20 »
I swear I check back on this thread hourly. Those mods make me salivate.

Offline Turnstiled

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 23:00:09 »
I swear I check back on this thread hourly. Those mods make me salivate.

I check it daily.  I don't check anything daily.  Not even my email. 

Offline sfcgeorge

• sfcgeorge
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 08:13:52 »
I realise it's probably too late but another vote for bringing back the Colevrak kit please. Specifically in Hagoromo color way (otherwise I'd buy the overstock now). Makes sense to ditch some of the novelty sets as they're optional, but for non-qwerty users the Colevrak set is essential. I definitely regret not buying the first time round, it's such a beautiful set! 💙

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 08:58:38 »
I realise it's probably too late but another vote for bringing back the Colevrak kit please. Specifically in Hagoromo color way (otherwise I'd buy the overstock now). Makes sense to ditch some of the novelty sets as they're optional, but for non-qwerty users the Colevrak set is essential. I definitely regret not buying the first time round, it's such a beautiful set! 💙

I will certainly not be ditching Git modifiers (the only real novelties in this set) in favor of an alternate layout that sells 20 units.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 June 2020, 09:00:13 by Oblotzky »

Offline sfcgeorge

• sfcgeorge
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 12:24:01 »
I will certainly not be ditching Git modifiers (the only real novelties in this set) in favor of an alternate layout that sells 20 units.

Nuuu I wouldn't want you to ditch Git mods, they're awesome; the punchy colors and unique labels are what makes this set so beautiful. I meant ditching the "novelties" that you've already ditched like Communities and LEDs makes sense, sorry if that was the wrong terminology.

Looking at the quantities, yeah only like 80 Colevrak sets combined sold. So you lose maybe 5% of overall purchases from not having them, but that's probably not enough to offset whatever the cost of buying out to MOQ is. The "Drop 1" quantity was listed as 25, but I assume that's less than the MOQ otherwise there wouldn't be any left over?

Offline FriendlyNerd

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 10:54:10 »
Approximate date for GB yet?

Offline Macabe

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 19:00:51 »
Interested!

Offline heliar_mk

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 09:01:01 »
Any update of the GB time?