Author Topic: Imsto pbt height  (Read 1621 times)

Offline xSpartanCx

Imsto pbt height
« on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 14:06:27 »
I bought some imsto pbt caps, and they're slightly lower than all of the other keys on my keyboard. Also, stupid k90 has a weird spacebar. I need more money so I can buy myself a filco :/

Is it normal for imsto caps to be lower than normal stock keys? I'd be okay with it if I could put all of the keys on my keyboard.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 July 2013, 14:08:24 by xSpartanCx »

Offline Danule

• ###
Re: Imsto pbt height
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 14:08:52 »
They are cherry profile which is lower.  You should get a filco they are badass.  I have those caps on my filco TKL and it is awesome.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline xSpartanCx

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 14:15:21 »
They are cherry profile which is lower.  You should get a filco they are badass.  I have those caps on my filco TKL and it is awesome.

Ah. Okay. Do you know if vortex PBT are cherry profile, too? I really like the look of them if I could mix them with my blank blue imsto keycaps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortex-105-PBT-black-on-black-sub-dye-key-caps-for-Cherry-MX-switches-keyboards-/290920986173?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item43bc3df63d

EDIT: the description says that they are OEM high. Is there any keycaps like this that I can get that are cherry profile?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 14:16:48 »
Those are OEM profile (the most common type, found on most of the modern mechanical keyboards, like Cooler Master, WASD, etc).  Thin PBT caps are OEM (taller) profile, and thick PBT are Cherry profile in 99% of the cases.  You will know if they are thick, as sellers will advertise that fact, and thick PBT costs more.  Also look for profile descriptions: some sellers always list if their auctions are for Cherry or OEM profiles.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 July 2013, 14:19:13 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 14:26:33 »
you can also tell by how they look as cherry profile keycaps have square corners at the bottom oems are rounded.
45g Brown Brown Blue