geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Diablo II: Resurrected

<< < (2/11) > >>

micmil:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Sat, 20 February 2021, 23:20:25 ---What do they spend their budgets on?

--- End quote ---

Marketing. Whenever you heard a budget for a game, slice 40-60% off the top for the marketing team.

tp4tissue:
Wonder how the PTW's gon' be like

alertArchitect:
Honestly, I've never played Diablo II. It came out before I was around. I may be interested if it wasn't for the fact that the money that would go into buying it would go to modern Blizzard, who I have some issues with supporting, personally. To be clear, I have no issue with other people's spending decisions, just saying I don't agree with quite a few things modern Blizzard has done, and I don't want to give them my money.

micmil:

--- Quote from: alertArchitect on Mon, 22 February 2021, 11:01:17 ---Honestly, I've never played Diablo II. It came out before I was around. I may be interested if it wasn't for the fact that the money that would go into buying it would go to modern Blizzard, who I have some issues with supporting, personally. To be clear, I have no issue with other people's spending decisions, just saying I don't agree with quite a few things modern Blizzard has done, and I don't want to give them my money.

--- End quote ---

Path of Exile is better in every possible way. For that matter, so is Grim Dawn. I never really got on with D2.

alertArchitect:

--- Quote from: micmil on Mon, 22 February 2021, 17:23:08 ---Path of Exile is better in every possible way. For that matter, so is Grim Dawn. I never really got on with D2.

--- End quote ---

I may try those at some point. Personally, though, my Diablo-like series of choice, when I get in the mood for them, is The Adventures of Van Helsing. Is it the most well-balanced? No. Is it the one with the strongest mechanics or story? No. But do I still love it for the characters, music, and lighthearted take on gothic horror? Abso-****in-lutely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version