geekhack Community > Off Topic

Battle Royal + Hunger Games

(1/2) > >>

tp4tissue:
Were all Terrible movies..

Thoughts ?

fohat.digs:
I don't know anything about Battle Royale, but I did read the Hunger Games books when they came out. My kids were at just the right age and were reading them, and I generally tried to read what they were reading so I would be "in on it" and also so that we could talk about it.

90% of the time movies are simple-minded and lame compared to their source books, and Hunger Games was no exception (although I will say that the Harry Potter movies were considerably more successful than most). Woody Harrelson and Donald Sutherland were pretty well cast but I think that the films overall failed miserably to capture the bleak atmosphere of the books. In their defense, I don't know how you could really capture the despair and hopelessness that the books created in a mere movie.

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Wed, 05 May 2021, 17:53:49 ---BATTLE ROYALE
Were all Terrible movies..

Thoughts ?

Show Image

--- End quote ---

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Wed, 05 May 2021, 20:35:32 ---

--- End quote ---

Did we watch the same movies?

Tp4 would rank Hunger games 2/10,  BattleRoyale -3/10

Darthbaggins:
The movies in The Hunger Games, would have been good if I had not read the series.  There was a ton they left out that would have made them alot better.   Battle Royale I have yet to watch but that could be since it more than likely doesn't fully peak my interest.  Now my expectations are lower so I might enjoy it, lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version