geekhack Community > Off Topic

help me buy a video editor/converter...

(1/7) > >>

wellington1869:
ok, i'm done searching for, and playing with, the mish-mash of "free" video converters and editors out there, such a pain in the ass. I just want one product that works well. I *dont* have heavy duty editing needs when it comes to video. Can you help me?

These are my needs, very very simple, but i cant seem to fulfill them:

1. Able to handle sort-of-large video files (like a gb? even 100mb video file? Windows movie maker *barfs* and *chokes* even on those. I want a program that will handle them.

2. Able to handle a pretty decent variety of video formats, esp both apple and pc common formats (quicktime/mov, ipod formats, but also mp4, ogg, wmv, avi).

3. Under $100 please! preferably $50.

Does such a product exist? What should I buy? Sony vegas? Adobe premiere? Ulead? (how do you sort between the DOZEN versions (marketers are **numbskulls**) of each one? Can you just tell me what to buy and I'll buy it? Jesus I hate doing video on computers. I'd rather stick knitting needles into my eyeballs and twist them around. I'm serious, I would. I really really would.

zefrer:
Linux and PyTube or AviDemux. Donate whatever you want.

AviDemux:

PyTube:

wellington1869:
hmmm... i'm running win7... :(  dont want to have to switch to a linux installation just for dealing with videos...

zefrer:
VM? LiveCD?

The only windows program I know that is decent is the adobe stuff. Not cheap.

keyboardlover:
Use the Windows 7 version of Windows Movie Maker. It's free and kicks ass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version