geekhack Community > Off Topic

help me buy a video editor/converter...

<< < (2/7) > >>

zefrer:
Well, no, it certainly does not kick any ass :)

--- Quote ---1. Able to handle sort-of-large video files (like a gb? even 100mb video file? Windows movie maker *barfs* and *chokes* even on those. I want a program that will handle them.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---hmmm... i'm running win7
--- End quote ---

keyboardlover:
It might be his computer hardware...I haven't had a problem with it. I had problems with the Windows XP version doing that though.

wellington1869:
okay, sony vegas it is.  Now for the bewildering array of versions of sony vegas that are being sold...

"sony vegas hd movie studio 10" seems to be generally available around $80.

and the "sony vegas hd movie studio 10 suite" for $90

there is also the much cheaper "sony movie studio hd" for $25

I dont believe I need HD or dvd burning (vast majority of my video will wind up on youtube, not on bluray dvds.)  On the other hand I do need the basic video formats (and conversions between them) as listed above, and for it to handle video files several 100 mb big...

according to the quite unhelpful "product comparison" matrix at sony's site, perhaps all I need is the non-platinum, "consumer" $25 version...

hmmm, looks like even in the $25 version you can do the basic things i'm interested in (titles, brightness, etc)

keyboardlover:

--- Quote from: wellington1869 ---
vast majority of my video will wind up on youtube, not on bluray dvds.
--- End quote ---

Links or it didn't happen! :D

wellington1869:

--- Quote from: keyboardlover;240247 ---Links or it didn't happen! :D
--- End quote ---

what, you havent watched my credit card antics and my wrestling with alps keys yet? :)

Ok, i've downloaded the free trial of version 9 of sony vegas from the sony site. I'll play with it tonite and decide. I can handle $25 :) I hope it can handle my files...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version