Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 623911 times)

Offline m00nshake

Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 14:09:57 »
+1 for Razer Naga if you play mmo games.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline RinSewand

« Reply #351 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 14:26:29 »
Absolutely love the Logitech G5. Can't find anything that fits in the palm of my hand any better than this, though I can see why fingertip mousers wouldn't like it as much. Mine got submerged after I knocked a pint of water over my desk recently too, 12 hours on the radiator after a strip down and it's good as new!

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #352 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 16:48:16 »
Currently using a Corsair M60. It takes a lot of getting used to feel-wise and the software (if you want to reprogram any of the buttons) is pretty bad but once its set up and you get used to it, damn good mouse. Really solid construction.

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 17:19:25 »
Razer Mamba for many years now, works well a bit worn nowadays but still got it.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 18:49:38 »
Currently using a Corsair M60. It takes a lot of getting used to feel-wise and the software (if you want to reprogram any of the buttons) is pretty bad but once its set up and you get used to it, damn good mouse. Really solid construction.

Well, did you knew that the software was so bad up to the point of corrupting the mouse's firmware and making it stop working just by changing DPI settings until JULY?

Bloody hell, while it's indeed a very comfortable and well-made mouse, the software can only be defined as: RETARDED.

Now, just think... Is the Corsair M90 a good mouse then?  :confused:

Jesus Christ, that thing should be banned for the sake of mankind.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Malerik

« Reply #355 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 14:02:14 »
Loved the old Logitech MX500's and 510's but their descendants just don't match up. Switched to a Steelseries XAI and have been pretty happy with it. I think the metal version of the Sensei might be where I end up.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #356 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 23:12:05 »
CM Storm Sentinel (original).  Love the feel in my hand and the changeable DPI on the mouse.  Comes in handy a lot.

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #357 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 12:49:51 »

Well, did you knew that the software was so bad up to the point of corrupting the mouse's firmware and making it stop working just by changing DPI settings until JULY?

Bloody hell, while it's indeed a very comfortable and well-made mouse, the software can only be defined as: RETARDED.

Now, just think... Is the Corsair M90 a good mouse then?  :confused:

Jesus Christ, that thing should be banned for the sake of mankind.

Yeah once I got it set up to a point I liked I wrote my settings to the mouse and uninstalled the software. Didn't want my mouse getting bricked :\

Also, having used the M90 as well, that thing is horrible.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 December 2012, 12:53:00 by McWilloughby »

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #358 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 12:50:43 »
Zowie Am FG, nice finish and perfected the Ambidextrous models kinks.
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline wetto

« Reply #359 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 13:50:41 »
Zowie Am FG, nice finish and perfected the Ambidextrous models kinks.

Besides what you've already said, its liftoff control seems awesome, considering the Zowie AM, as seen here:

My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #360 on: Thu, 06 December 2012, 17:41:29 »
Lod is perfect for fast fps games and its 450 dpi is amazing, also the only mouse to go with my year of the rabbit keyboard.
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline m_enanos

• tbb
« Reply #361 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 06:14:10 »
Logitech G400 >>> rest.

Offline wetto

« Reply #362 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 23:14:32 »
I just had to do this since most people don't know how badly Corsair software sucks...

My collection:
More

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #363 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 23:19:24 »
The Logitech G500 is by far the best gaming mouse out there :D
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #364 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 04:33:33 »
I just had to do this since most people don't know how badly Corsair software sucks...

The thing that bemused me about this mouse was that it seems impossible to use it (without a macro) as a push to talk button on ventrilo or teamspeak or whatever. On every other mouse I've had, I've set one of the extra buttons to be Insert which is my push to talk key. On the M60, I had to create a macro so that it would hold down the button until I let go. Why did I have to create a macro to do the action that I'm doing in the first place? NOBODY KNOWS. Wish I could flash the logitech firmware onto the mouse or something. Theirs actually works.

Offline link_tree

« Reply #365 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 09:15:00 »
I've had my deathadder for almost 3 years now and still working  great except for an extremely minor issue.
the scrollwheel sometimes very rarely scrolls up by 1 notch when I scroll down I am sure that if I'll open it up and clean it inside it will be gone. probably some dirt on the scroll wheel or sensor.
other then that I absolutely love this mouse it fits my hands perfectly and I love how easy it is to click on the right and left buttons. I am not much of a razer fan but really this mouse hasn't failed me yet and it's been putting up with a very intense use during those 2.5 years. I'm talking about more or less 14 hours of pc usage per day. including playing a high click rate game such as league of legends.

the one other mouse I tried and loved it's shape was the Microsoft intelliMouse 1.1a but in all honesty the deathadder gives a much nicer experience gaming wise.

I'd also recommend the steelseries qck mouse pad. I bought it at the same time as my deathadder and they both worked with eachother flawlessly. I hate plastic mats the sound of a mouse gliding on it gives me chills like scratching a chalkboard or something so the cloth pad was absolutely perfect.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 December 2012, 09:19:06 by link_tree »

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 12:41:42 »
Yes - I have a DeathAdder 3.5 with the same issue (well similar) the scroll wheel is just not exact. It seems like when you scroll up or down it's actually going up / down by 1.2 or 1.3 "notches" instead of a perfect 1.0 like the Logitech mice seem to be. However they seem to have fixed the scroll wheel issues with the Naga.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline wetto

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 13:45:37 »
Yes - I have a DeathAdder 3.5 with the same issue (well similar) the scroll wheel is just not exact. It seems like when you scroll up or down it's actually going up / down by 1.2 or 1.3 "notches" instead of a perfect 1.0 like the Logitech mice seem to be. However they seem to have fixed the scroll wheel issues with the Naga.

But instead, they ****ed the sensor up, eh?

Now, seriously, since Razer's finally stopped using the Philips FAIL Eye on the newer models, maybe we'll soon see a new version of the NAGA with an AVAGO ADNS-9800 sensor?
My collection:
More

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 13:52:20 »
Pffff.... it's not that bad dude. I will woop dat ass at counter strike with my Naga 2012. User name atronusthemighty holla

In reality you don't um.... do that too much with a mouse (hitting the desk with the bottom of the mouse repeatedly... Lol)

Offline wetto

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 14:41:00 »
Pffff.... it's not that bad dude. I will woop dat ass at counter strike with my Naga 2012. User name atronusthemighty holla

In reality you don't um.... do that too much with a mouse (hitting the desk with the bottom of the mouse repeatedly... Lol)

Doesn't changes the fact that many big brands such as Steelseries and Logitech never used that sensor and that Razer, Thermaltake and Cooler Master won't be releasing any more models with it.
My collection:
More

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 14:51:21 »
Oh, it is a defect. That is correct. I am indeed eager to see something similar to the Naga without that Z axis flaw.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 14:52:43 »

Now, seriously, since Razer's finally stopped using the Philips FAIL Eye on the newer models, maybe we'll soon see a new version of the NAGA with an AVAGO ADNS-9800 sensor?
I hope not, I haven't seen any conclusive evidence yet but so far everything seems to indicate that the acceleration from the 9500 will still be present.

Offline wetto

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 14:59:07 »

I hope not, I haven't seen any conclusive evidence yet but so far everything seems to indicate that the acceleration from the 9500 will still be present.

Which is why they should use an AVAGO 3090 or a variant of it, but the problem is that gamers want as much DPI as possible, regardless whether or not the sensor sucks or not.

Gamer dumb logic:

A 5600 DPIs sensor (Philips Fail Eye) is a lot better than those 1600 DPI (AVAGO 3080), 3500 DPI (AVAGO S3888) or 4000 DPI (AVAGO 3090) mouses since it has more DPI!
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 December 2012, 15:02:08 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #373 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 15:06:48 »

Which is why they should use an AVAGO 3090 or a variant of it, but the problem is that gamers want as much DPI as possible, regardless whether or not the sensor sucks or not.
The sensor in the new DA also looks interesting, 6400 dpi optical, but I'm a bit wary since I fear the high dpi might come at a cost. I haven't really seen a lot of info on it yet.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 14:01:45 »
I use a Razer Imperator at home and a Razer Abyssus at work. I've come to realize that I prefer an optical sensor. So I like my Abyssus more at the moment but I think I'm going to buy a DeathAdder (pre-2013) and see what that's like.

Offline tauburn

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 14:02:20 »
ordered a refurbished logitech g400 the other day. still waiting for that.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 14:28:26 »
I use a Razer Imperator at home and a Razer Abyssus at work. I've come to realize that I prefer an optical sensor. So I like my Abyssus more at the moment but I think I'm going to buy a DeathAdder (pre-2013) and see what that's like.
The 2013 model also has an optical sensor.

Offline wetto

« Reply #377 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 15:28:52 »

Uhhh, the optical sensor for the Abyssus and the pre-2013 Deathadder is the same... AVAGO S3888.

Maybe one of the reasons why you dislike the laser sensor is that the Philips Twin Eye PLN 2032 is one of the worst laser sensors ever made. The tracking on black mousepads is just terrible, there's positive acceleration, there's problems with the Z-Axis, its known for dying all of a sudden on some mouses...

Even Razer isn't making new models with this sensor anymore. Now they're using an AVAGO ANDS-9800 variant for their new laser mouses such as the Taipan and the Ouroboros.

Ow, and by the way, Thermaltake and Cooler Master won't be using this Philips laser sensor anymore and Logitech/Steelseries/Mionix never used it because they knew it sucks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 December 2012, 15:30:51 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 15:52:39 »
Anybody use Taipan? Seems like they need to make a Taipan with the thumb-tenkey

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 16:12:15 »
I might just be the only one here that uses an Am FG with only 450 DPI.

Im ok with that  :-*
Peripherals:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 16:31:35 »

Uhhh, the optical sensor for the Abyssus and the pre-2013 Deathadder is the same... AVAGO S3888.

Maybe one of the reasons why you dislike the laser sensor is that the Philips Twin Eye PLN 2032 is one of the worst laser sensors ever made. The tracking on black mousepads is just terrible, there's positive acceleration, there's problems with the Z-Axis, its known for dying all of a sudden on some mouses...

Even Razer isn't making new models with this sensor anymore. Now they're using an AVAGO ANDS-9800 variant for their new laser mouses such as the Taipan and the Ouroboros.

Ow, and by the way, Thermaltake and Cooler Master won't be using this Philips laser sensor anymore and Logitech/Steelseries/Mionix never used it because they knew it sucks.

I thought that they were replacing the sensor since they were advertising the DPI increase or something. Anyways, it was my first mouse and I didn't know any better. Oh well. And now I know what's inside ^_^ Oh and I paid like half price for it so I'm not too heartbroken about it lol.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 December 2012, 16:35:52 by CPTBadAss »

Offline stonejoint

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 16:41:41 »
I am using zowie am right now its fine with sensor very good actually but clicks are stiff really and scroll too very stiff actually may its normal for smashers but I was hoping a little bit soft buttons but its good while playing game you dont have any misclick and you dont care much about stiff while playing games
CM QFR Black Filco MJ2 Red
Vortex Poker 2 Brown

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 16:45:48 »
Well its stiff clicks are a curse and a blessing and it has one of the best optical sensors to date, also the FG version fixed the stiff clicking.
Peripherals:

Offline wetto

« Reply #383 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 17:23:34 »
I am using zowie am right now its fine with sensor very good actually but clicks are stiff really and scroll too very stiff actually may its normal for smashers but I was hoping a little bit soft buttons but its good while playing game you dont have any misclick and you dont care much about stiff while playing games

You can replace the switches, I recommend the Japanese OMRON ones...

Left: China (D2FC-F-7N)
Right: Japan (D2F-01F)

Just search for them on eBay and replace them on your mouse. It's not complicated since they're removable.
My collection:
More

Offline link_tree

« Reply #384 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 17:31:40 »
what switches does the deathadder use? I find them perfect I really like how they feel.

Offline wetto

« Reply #385 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 17:49:37 »
what switches does the deathadder use? I find them perfect I really like how they feel.

The OMRON D2FC-F-7N

Most mice use this switch actually... Though the Japanese one feels a lil bit better and lasts longer.
My collection:
More

Offline link_tree

« Reply #386 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 18:03:29 »

Offline scoot

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 19:03:55 »
Logitec g5. Best mouse ever. :D

Offline Sai

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 26 December 2012, 23:37:38 »
been using razer deathadder since 2010 and still in good shape. ;D ;D
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline sammsorensen

« Reply #389 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 21:44:06 »
Logitech g500.. Honestly, I would love to test out some other mice, but Logitech has one of the best customer support groups I have ever encountered.. I am currently on my 4th g500.. they just keep shipping me out new ones for free.
Filco MJ2 TKL brown

Offline Permeability

« Reply #390 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 23:32:33 »
Deathadder for now, might pickup a sensei soon
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline Magnusian

« Reply #391 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 23:56:40 »
I have 2 G9Xs at the moment. One of which was a free replacement for several years out of warranty G9 that had it's cable fray. I love these mice, but I love Logitech's customer support even more. Even if their mice weren't the best I would reccomend them based entirely on the fact they go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.

When I first got a G9, it took some getting used to the shape of the mouse, but now I find that anything else feels too large and clunky and am glad they carried it over to the G9X.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 December 2012, 23:58:32 by Magnusian »
Model M 1390120 1986  | Unicomp Customizer 104 1-Piece Keys | Franken M IBM 1390120 1987/Unicomp U4044A 2007 hybrid | CM QFR Cherry MX Greens

Offline Etnie

« Reply #392 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 10:12:44 »
Intellimouse 3.0

There is no other mouse for me.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:41:06 »
Hey fellow GeekHackers, I was just wondering if anyone had ever owned or tried out the OCZ EQUALIZER LASER GAMING MOUSE.
I was thinking of buying it, and was looking to get some feedback before doing so, Thanks all!

Pictures:

Link:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-equalizer-laser-gaming-mouse.html
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #394 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 14:59:39 »
Hey fellow GeekHackers, I was just wondering if anyone had ever owned or tried out the OCZ EQUALIZER LASER GAMING MOUSE.
I was thinking of buying it, and was looking to get some feedback before doing so, Thanks all!

Pictures:
Show Image
Show Image

Link:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-equalizer-laser-gaming-mouse.html

Looks like it's just a rebranded ODM mouse, if it is I wouldn't expect it to be great. Call me a snob, but I don't think I'd buy it.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:07:22 »
I see you are a Mouse Enthusiast vun, so if you don't mind, could you please explain to me what an ODM mouse is xD
Currently, I own the Logitech G500, which I love and am happy to stick with. Just wondering what other options are out there, as I want one mouse for the net-cafe, and one for home.
So I've been thinking of trying out a new mouse, instead of just getting another G500. Do you have any other suggestions? Another option was the SteelSeries Sensei.
I know I must sound like a noob to you with all these choices, just I am not looking to spend an exorbitant amount of money on mice, but I still want a good quality one.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:14:46 »
I see you are a Mouse Enthusiast vun, so if you don't mind, could you please explain to me what an ODM mouse is xD
Currently, I own the Logitech G500, which I love and am happy to stick with. Just wondering what other options are out there, as I want one mouse for the net-cafe, and one for home.
So I've been thinking of trying out a new mouse, instead of just getting another G500. Do you have any other suggestions? Another option was the SteelSeries Sensei.
I know I must sound like a noob to you with all these choices, just I am not looking to spend an exorbitant amount of money on mice, but I still want a good quality one.
Well, ODM isn't a mouse specific term, it just means "original design manufacturer", although I mixed it up with OEM, which is "original equipment manufacturer".
What I think I meant was OEM, the OEM makes the mouse, companies can then sell the mouse with their logo on it. It all confuses me, really, but basically; OCZ doesn't make the mouse.
The mouse is made by someone else, OCZ then purchase the mouse with their logo on it.
While I don't know much about the mouse in question, off the bat I suspect the G500 is miles better. If you want a mouse you can bring to netcafes and you like the G500, get a G400. Same basic shape, better sensor(the G500 has some amount of hardware acceleration, the G400 doesn't) and it's so cheap it won't matter if it breaks or gets stolen compared to the more expensive G500.

If anyone can clarify the OEM/ODM stuff for me, please do so. I thought I had it down, but after reading again I'm not so sure..
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:16:28 by vun »

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #397 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:20:07 »
Okay thanks! And thoughts on the Sensei?
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #398 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:28:12 »
Okay thanks! And thoughts on the Sensei?
The Sensei looks really sleek, I'll be buying one soon, and from what I remember the [RAW] version is pretty decent value for the money. It's got a laser sensor so I suspect it's got the same issues as the G500 sensor, but if that hasn't been an issue for you so far I wouldn't worry. I use a G9x often which shares the G500 sensor and the slight acceleration hasn't bothered me so far.
If you like the shape of the G500 I don't think you'll dislike the shape of the Sensei either, although if you plan on bringing it with you on netcafes it might be a bit pricey, I really have no idea how risky it is so it could be a non-issue.

Edit: Seems like the Sensei uses the same sensor as the G500, at least from a quick glance around the web. Both use the Avago 9500, not sure if the Sensei uses the S9500 like the G500, I think it does, but either way it shouldn't make much of a difference.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:32:55 by vun »

Offline stonejoint

Re: Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 15:53:32 »
I might just be the only one here that uses an Am FG with only 450 DPI.

Im ok with that  :-*

I am using am gs with 1150 dpi. 450 feels too slow
CM QFR Black Filco MJ2 Red
Vortex Poker 2 Brown