Author Topic: [GB] An aluminium switch opener: The Nutcracker  (Read 50465 times)

Offline ctrl

Re: [GB] An aluminium switch opener: The Nutcracker(100% shipped)
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 15:38:12 »
Still sad I missed out on The Nutcracker. Will there be a second GB in a foreseeable future?

Offline Starius

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 16:00:40 »
Still sad I missed out on The Nutcracker. Will there be a second GB in a foreseeable future?

Even if not here, I expect it might on Massdrop... it's already had a run there too.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/durgod-cnc-machined-aluminum-switch-puller

There is a Request button one can press if they want to see it again. 

Offline ilouis_07

• Never Forget Your Origin
    • ILUMKB
« Reply #202 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 19:13:22 »
After Chinese Spring Festival, I will run a B stock nutcracker mini GB. Probably middle of the Feb.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 19:46:46 »
After Chinese Spring Festival, I will run a B stock nutcracker mini GB. Probably middle of the Feb.

That's great! Thanks for letting me know. :)

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 22:01:44 »
Hi guys, hope your nutcracker arrived or arriving soon!
I’m going back to China for my holiday 2 weeks until middle of Feb and I may not able to use geekhack(if no VPN, super super slow networking ), or reply very slow.

Have a great new year guys!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline odd

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 05:03:19 »
Hi guys, hope your nutcracker arrived or arriving soon!
I’m going back to China for my holiday 2 weeks until middle of Feb and I may not able to use geekhack(if no VPN, super super slow networking ), or reply very slow.

Have a great new year guys!

I'm still waiting on mine.  Was there a notification email sent out with tracking info or were they just sent out in mass without tracking info?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 08:41:58 »
Got mine. They work and look great.  Thanks for running the gb

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 00:27:31 »
Got mine too. Fantastic tool, thank you for putting out such a fine product.

Offline KeyCap75

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 00:44:10 »
Mine also arived!  :D
Thanks for your effort and care to provide us with this fantastic gadget  :thumb:

Offline ctrl

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 09:59:21 »
Got an MX Nutcracker on r/mm. Fantastic tool!

However, I tried it with older Outemu switches and the Nutcracker is just slightly too tight to work with them. I heard it should work with Outemu switches made with the newer molds though, like the Skies. I'm going to try it with some Skies tomorrow and will update this post afterwards.

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 20:15:01 »

However, I tried it with older Outemu switches and the Nutcracker is just slightly too tight to work with them. I heard it should work with Outemu switches made with the newer molds though, like the Skies. I'm going to try it with some Skies tomorrow and will update this post afterwards.

Outemu ICE (clear bottom + top) switches work, but you need to force them in, and to remove you stick a flathead underneath and rotate. Still easier than what I was doing before.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 03:49:29 »

Outemu ICE (clear bottom + top) switches work, but you need to force them in, and to remove you stick a flathead underneath and rotate. Still easier than what I was doing before.

Tried forcing it in, no success, and at the point where I suspected it'd actually cause damage to the plastic. Perhaps it'd have worked if I had tried with even more force, but metal-on-plastic action is a bit too violent. I'd prefer to keep the housings intact and not slightly shaved.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 21:03:02 »
Hey Everyone, Nutcracker B Stock Clear Stock Sale is live, not for profit but just clear stock.

$16 shipped all over the world.(Countries Listed in EMS service)

https://goo.gl/forms/0TVJXw1b5YZIci7q1

Pls note that you can choose the version(cherry or kailh) but can't choose the color, we will randomly ship.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB

Offline ChitownM2

Re: [GB] An aluminium switch opener: The Nutcracker(B stock sales is live!!!)
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 22:01:05 »
Good deal. Glad I saw this before buying off of MD.

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 00:07:10 »
Good deal. Glad I saw this before buying off of MD.
we are collaborating with Durgod, but MD sales are handled by Durgod. They manufactured by themselves.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #216 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 21:11:57 »
Since these are already made, are they just shipping out as orders come in?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 18:08:20 »
Just want to see about the timeline here. I paid on March 2nd for both an MX and Kaihl Nutcracker. Would my ordered have shipped aleady? If so, what's the shipping estimate to the US? 2-3 weeks or longer?

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 21:50:26 »
Can we get an update on when the b-stock orders will ship out?

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 21:57:37 »
Hey sorry for the late updates, I’m so sorry to say but the reason we delay the shipment is because my partner’s father got myocardial infarction attack a week ago, and he was staying in hospital from that day to now. But god bless after operation, his father is OK now. Next week he can back to warehouse and we can ship it out around 3-5 days from today.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 22:12:39 »
Thank you for the update.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 03:18:14 »
Glad to hear your partner's father is feeling better!

I received my blue Kailh B-stock Nutcracker yesterday. The blue anodizing is so beautifully done! I'd barely call this B-stock. Not a single hairline scratch, just some very minor anodizing error. Have an A-stock MX version from before and that one actually has a hairline scratch.

I was a little disappointed though that the B-stock Nutcracker didn't come with a case like the A-stocks did though, but that's minor. Really happy to have one of each Nutcracker now. :)

Offline tipsyboo

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 11:10:56 »

I received my blue Kailh B-stock Nutcracker yesterday. The blue anodizing is so beautifully done! I'd barely call this B-stock. Not a single hairline scratch, just some very minor anodizing error. Have an A-stock MX version from before and that one actually has a hairline scratch.

I was a little disappointed though that the B-stock Nutcracker didn't come with a case like the A-stocks did though, but that's minor. Really happy to have one of each Nutcracker now. :)
How did you get get it so quickly? Mine was shipped 6 days ago and hasn't even left China yet =\

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 11:34:38 »

Hi man so glad to heard that you received the nutcracker. We did one more round re-anodizing for 70% of B stock nutcracker. And also some of them are leftover from A stock. But most importantly, hope it’s really useful and hope you like it :)

Offline ctrl

Re: [GB] An aluminium switch opener: The Nutcracker
« Reply #224 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 07:04:25 »

How did you get get it so quickly? Mine was shipped 6 days ago and hasn't even left China yet =\

RNGesus? ;D

Hi man so glad to heard that you received the nutcracker. We did one more round re-anodizing for 70% of B stock nutcracker. And also some of them are leftover from A stock. But most importantly, hope it’s really useful and hope you like it :)

Ooh, so that might explain why it was so damn pretty! It's funny though. I got both of them next to each other now and I notice that it's not the same blue hue. That was a surprise! The older A-stock MX cracker is more of a matte light blue and the recent B-stock Kailh cracker is borderline cyan! They're really beautiful and I'll have plenty of use for them too! :)

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 14:11:36 »
Great tool, I just received mine  :cool:

I need another one, just for the looks!
Please send me another invoice  :thumb:

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 19:44:29 »
Great tool, I just received mine  :cool:

I need another one, just for the looks!
Please send me another invoice  :thumb:
All sold out. But looks like demand is still here, we already asked factory to do 500 more.

Offline Degree

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 17:18:12 »

Still waiting on mine too, hopefully it comes in soon! Tracking hasn't been updated since the 28th

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 19:55:56 »
No worry, if EMS says parcel lost. We will send replacement.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 09:18:11 »
Personally I like very much aluminium without any treatment, also if it oxidizes. Probably no treatment makes it less resilient to scratching from the switches, and makes its life shorter?

I wonder if another material, like inox, can be considered. Inox is cheaper than aluminium, and it requires no anodization and you have no B grade stock, since a little bit of polishing can make any piece perfect. And you have an opener with a much longer life.

Offline tipsyboo

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 15:35:35 »
Finally got mine. It's great. Much appreciated.  :thumb: