geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Is there such a thing?

<< < (2/2)

maxmousee:
While I don't know any keeb that fits all of the criteria, I have a few suggestions
If you want full-size + good switches + integrated rest = Steelseries Apex Pro (there's a TKL version as well)
cons: only linear, although very good switches, not hot-swap, not wireless.

Keychron K8 Pro: Bluetooth + Hot Swap, the BT is very reliable + VIA/QMK (TKL)
No rest
K10: same + full size (no VIA/QMK)

Razer Huntsman V2 analog - basically same thing as Apex Pro (including rest), no wireless option.

Although usually I don't recommend/like gaming brands, I do like (and own) the Apex Pro. Specially the smooth switches + adjustable actuation point and it has a very good macro support (if you care) :)

Stupidface:

--- Quote from: samstar on Mon, 18 July 2022, 18:53:56 ---Now - a lapboard for a full size of some sort (without a mousepad) may very well be a solution. I only really need a thin metal/plastic base with a rest at the front  - like this

--- End quote ---

Or this:

I chose that particular one (a 3M Antimicrobial Gel Keyboard Wrist Rest Platform Black/Gray/Silver WR420LE) because the size is relatively compact and I understand you want this to rest on your lap at a negative angle.

Alternatively, as you have mentioned, you could make your own.  Thin plastic, sheet metal, or wood would suffice for the platform bit, then you could glue/Velcro on any wrist rest you like.  Admittedly, doing so would be more work, but it would give you the advantage of being able to custom size the platform for a particular keyboard so the platform portion is as small as possible.

Would something like this would meet your needs?   I do not know for sure, but it's an idea that would not tie you down to one keyboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version