Author Topic: Yo guys, Belts !!  (Read 3617 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Yo guys, Belts !!
« on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 23:45:02 »
So,  Tp4 puts on pants..  And adjust the belt, Everything's fine..

but, then Sits in the computer chair, and suddenly the belt is too tight.

There's no real middle ground..

Even with elastic pants,  like sweat pants,  Haz wear the elastic part slightly above Hip level, so that it doesn't apply pressure to the stomach while seated.

Has Anyone found a solution to this problem.. 

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Yo guys, Belts !!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 01:07:28 »
Only if I've eaten too much :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 03:07:40 »
I think things become compacted when you sit down, which causes the belt to constrict on you.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 03:12:47 »
Just wear yoga pants.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 04:04:29 »
Dont wear pants. No pants, no problem.

Offline AMongoose

• happy workman user
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 07:25:03 »
Get one of those belts that has two rings and is adjustable to any length not just set steps.
A thinner narrower belt that's not very stiff also helps but then it's worse at being a belt. How much stuff do you carry in your pockets?
The type of pant's your using and what you had for lunch also pays an important role.

Biggest problem to fabric belts is they don't go too well can't be worn with shirts, I like the winter just because I can wear a more comfortable belt to sit in the office all day with it being covered.

Also, do people not doing sports actually use elastic pants!?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 08:11:21 »
Undo your belt when you sit down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 12:17:20 »

I understand the mechanics..

But is this socially acceptable?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 12:20:08 »

I understand the mechanics..

But is this socially acceptable?

Just be discreet.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 13:39:04 »
If you need the belt to actually hold pants up, so not get the ones with two rings. The belts are rarely stuff enough with the right texture to stay where you put them.

This is what I wear, I have had it almost 14 years. If you need to loosen it a touch, just a bit of pressure with your thumb from the underside is all that is needed. It doesn't slip, and does not have set points. You can put it where ever you want

188408-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 14:36:39 »
suspenders

Offline AMongoose

• happy workman user
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 09:17:27 »
If you need the belt to actually hold pants up, so not get the ones with two rings. The belts are rarely stuff enough with the right texture to stay where you put them.

This is what I wear, I have had it almost 14 years. If you need to loosen it a touch, just a bit of pressure with your thumb from the underside is all that is needed. It doesn't slip, and does not have set points. You can put it where ever you want

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, if you carry lots of stuff I would suggest a stiffer belt, but for comfort i would say a thin double ring that can slide and open a bit is better.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 10:09:47 »

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, if you carry lots of stuff I would suggest a stiffer belt, but for comfort i would say a thin double ring that can slide and open a bit is better.

Your mileage may have been differ by than mine, but I have yet to find a belt with two ring retention that holds up anything. The concept works, but material selection is the killer.. Because there is no hard edge or texture on the rings, there isn't much to grab and hold.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline AMongoose

• happy workman user
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 10:21:11 »

(Attachment Link)

Your mileage may have been differ by than mine, but I have yet to find a belt with two ring retention that holds up anything. The concept works, but material selection is the killer.. Because there is no hard edge or texture on the rings, there isn't much to grab and hold.

That's what I'm saying, they don't hold much.
I was recommending them for comfort only, I see the fact that they slide and open a bit has a feature not a downside.

the only thing I carry with on my pants pocket is a small knife, pants stay mostly put even without a belt. but if one carries a lot of gear I totally agree with you.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 19:54:15 »
Get elastic belt.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 11:29:55 »
I wear a web belt like many militaries around the world do. Adjustable to any size and quite comfortable as well. I had one as a Marine ROTC and still wear one now. I had this one:

And wear this one now:

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 04:02:12 »
I wear a web belt like many militaries around the world do. Adjustable to any size and quite comfortable as well. I had one as a Marine ROTC and still wear one now. I had this one:

Show Image

And wear this one now:

Show Image

Holy **** you just past blasted me with that skatey belt

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 03:55:20 »
I wear a 20 year old Dragon web belt (similar to the volcom belt). It even has a bottle opener built in. It is the only way to go.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 08:24:04 »
I wear a 20 year old Dragon web belt (similar to the volcom belt). It even has a bottle opener built in. It is the only way to go.

Ha, the Volcom belt has a bottle opener too!

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Volucris

• beep boop
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 22:27:34 »
Gotta wear your belt higher. Been using an Area Ranger Belt for years and it holds up a pistol and extra mag very comfortably.
KUL ES-87 - MX Browns

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 15:46:07 »
Double D-ring belts do not stay put. There are good friction lock belts that are "infinitely adjustable" out there. I wear the Cinchy from Carbon Tactics with tactical nylon and it works great. I was worried it would be too stiff and uncomfortable, but I've found the stiffness to be useful for clipping on a pocket knife.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 02:37:18 »

We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg